C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto set on seat and steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 PM
NickHall
Madison Wisconsin
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Auto set on seat and steering wheel

Does anyone know how to auto set the steering wheel and the seat position so that they move out of the way when the engine is turned off.

I get tired of moving the wheel up and the set back every time I turn this car off so I can get my legs out of the car. Seems like there would be an auto-function for this someplace?
Nick
Old 04-21-2014, 10:40 PM
killascrimp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya you can change it in one of the settings, it is in the book. Play with the setting's in the "infotanment" auto exit or something like that.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:27 PM
xp800
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 151 Posts

You need to program the exit configuration you want for the seat and steering wheel into the exit preset on the door buttons (page 3-4).

Page 5-44:

Then in Settings - Comfort and Convenience - Easy Exit Options (ON)
Old 04-23-2014, 08:35 PM
NickHall
Madison Wisconsin
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Wow, this is great.

Originally Posted by xp800
You need to program the exit configuration you want for the seat and steering wheel into the exit preset on the door buttons (page 3-4).

Page 5-44:

Thanks so much, this is perfect. will do right away.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:59 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by xp800

Page 5-44:

Mine doesn't work properly at all...no matter what the setting on the exit preset, when choosing easy exit on the seat goes ALL the way back and the wheel goes up and all the way in...NOT where I programmed the exit preset...very frustrating.....

I have a 7spd manual...
Old 04-25-2014, 06:13 PM
pmayo
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007
Mine doesn't work properly at all...no matter what the setting on the exit preset, when choosing easy exit on the seat goes ALL the way back and the wheel goes up and all the way in...NOT where I programmed the exit preset...very frustrating.....

I have a 7spd manual...
Did you select the position and then hold BOTH "SET" and AUTO EXIT" buttons down together (ie, the two outer buttons). I had same issue and was doing the set first and then the auto exit button..
Old 04-25-2014, 07:38 PM
RaPlump
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine will only move when I re-enter the car. Not when I turn the engine off and open the door.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:27 PM
NickHall
Madison Wisconsin
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Mine does not even have that as an option

Originally Posted by NickHall
Thanks so much, this is perfect. will do right away.
Well... Hmmmm... Went out and tried all this and my C7 Convert does not even have the exit change setting as an option in settings. Went step by step and no such setting comes up. Then I saw the "if equipped" text. If equipped; OMG, does this mean because I got the LT1 Z51 C7 Convert, there is no easy exit option?
Darn. This seems like it should be standard, everyone has to get in and out of the car. Whats gives?
Nick
Old 04-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Well... Hmmmm... Went out and tried all this and my C7 Convert does not even have the exit change setting as an option in settings. Went step by step and no such setting comes up. Then I saw the "if equipped" text. If equipped; OMG, does this mean because I got the LT1 Z51 C7 Convert, there is no easy exit option?
Darn. This seems like it should be standard, everyone has to get in and out of the car. Whats gives?
Nick
1LT is in the cheap seat section. No memory options.

No worries, it doesn't work all that well anyway...
Old 04-27-2014, 02:32 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Modshack
1LT is in the cheap seat section. No memory options.

No worries, it doesn't work all that well anyway...
Hes right. In the 7MT the easy exit works good, but entry is terrible. As soon as I open the door the seat start moving to my memorized position so I have to race into my seat before it finishes moving to fit in. Really sucks. Needs to be updated/corrected asap IMO.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:43 PM
NickHall
Madison Wisconsin
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Cheap Set Section

Originally Posted by Modshack
1LT is in the cheap seat section. No memory options. No worries, it doesn't work all that well anyway...
Yes, I had no idea it would be so difficult to get in and out.
My C4, was hard, and the C5 with that leg lift requirement was a bit of a drag. But with the new frame in the C7 I though it would be a bit easier. Being short (5'6") means that I have to move the seat up to drive it (clutch) and back to get out (feet on door).

I ordered and paid for this long before production started, so I did not have one to try out. But that is fine, I is not that big of a deal (as you note), but it should be standard for God's sake, we all have to get in and get out of this car! Why make it difficult for people when you only need a software module to give us that option?

Oh well, on and up as they say.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:12 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Yes, I had no idea it would be so difficult to get in and out.
My C4, was hard, and the C5 with that leg lift requirement was a bit of a drag. But with the new frame in the C7 I though it would be a bit easier. Being short (5'6") means that I have to move the seat up to drive it (clutch) and back to get out (feet on door).

I ordered and paid for this long before production started, so I did not have one to try out. But that is fine, I is not that big of a deal (as you note), but it should be standard for God's sake, we all have to get in and get out of this car! Why make it difficult for people when you only need a software module to give us that option?

Oh well, on and up as they say.
Im 5'6" too. So obviously I agree on that alone lol
Old 04-27-2014, 04:15 PM
scott76807
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

the only setting that works correctly on mine is the easy exit

m7
Old 04-27-2014, 04:50 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Easy entry should wait for you to shut the door, not as soon as you hit the handle.

Easy Exit works fine.

I'm 5'8" and I have to scoot down a bit to start the car so I can hit the button to get it all in the right position.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:48 PM
billyskis
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Hes right. In the 7MT the easy exit works good, but entry is terrible. As soon as I open the door the seat start moving to my memorized position so I have to race into my seat before it finishes moving to fit in. Really sucks. Needs to be updated/corrected asap IMO.
I went into the setting and turned the auto exit off and the seat stayed back. Try that.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:29 PM
xp800
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 151 Posts

Try setting Auto Memory Recall -> Off
and Easy Exit -> On

This -should- move the seat back on exit and require you to press and hold your desired seating preset (1 or 2) to go back to your desired seating position after entry.

That said, I often have to keep pressing-hold my preset over and over to get it to inch back to where it should be. So I have my Easy Exit off for now.

It's NOT elegant. I agree completely that the return to seating preset should be after door close or something. With the M7 it can't be on ignition since often the exit position you can't reach the clutch.

Last edited by xp800; 04-30-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Bee attack
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I have GM calling me to fix this issue. I have the same thing and I complained that my C6 was fine and why can't they fix this? Still waiting.

Get notified of new replies

To Auto set on seat and steering wheel

Old 05-03-2014, 07:55 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,365 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Mine (also an M7) doesn't move until I push (and hold) the memory button I have programmed. I hold it long enough to engage the clutch pedal then let go. I start the car and push the same memory button again and let go and the seats, mirrors, wheel all go to their proper positions.

I have both Auto Memory Recall and Easy Exit Options ON

Last edited by KenHorse; 05-03-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:01 PM
RaPlump
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I had the car program updated. Now the seat and steering wheel moves when I turn off the car. When I open the door the seat and steering wheel moves to a half way position. Then I press the memory button once and they move back to the final memory position.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:50 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by RaPlump
Yesterday I had the car program updated. Now the seat and steering wheel moves when I turn off the car. When I open the door the seat and steering wheel moves to a half way position. Then I press the memory button once and they move back to the final memory position.
this was an update done at the dealer I assume? do you know if there was a TSB on this issue?

Quick Reply: Auto set on seat and steering wheel