C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat Back Exhaust or replacement mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Sgoochds650
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cat Back Exhaust or replacement mufflers?

I'm looking for some feedback to anyone who has changed out their factory mufflers. My car is scheduled to be dropped off at Vengeance in 3 weeks for ECS blower, Meth, and Cam upgrade. I have already installed my ARH headers and high flow cats cause I couldn't wait any longer to do something to the car. I know now is the time to make a decision on the rest of my exhaust. My car does not have the cockpit adj exhaust. There is just one outlet from each muffler rather than two.

The factory exhaust looks great in terms of size and efficient looking bends. With the factory mufflers still in place you can tell very little difference in sound after the header installation. Is there a replacement muffler only for our cars or do I have to buy a complete cat back. I have seen cat back prices from $900 to $3000 I don't really plan on driving the car that much but my previous C6 had such a bad exhaust drone when on the interstate that it made talking on the phone difficult at best.

If anyone has upgraded their cat back with the headers also I would love to hear your opinions.

Quick Reply: Cat Back Exhaust or replacement mufflers?