C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProCharger 2014 Stingray C7 Corvette Supercharger System (Now Shipping)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 12:01 AM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
We will be updated the animation very soon, with that.

Let me get you a shot of the intake without the hood scoop installed.
Waiting on the pics. when you have some time.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:49 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Translator
Waiting on the pics. when you have some time.
Will soon, currently our car is in the VERT form, awaiting our track rental day we have coming up, to put the Vertical unit through some road course abuse. (To test thermal loads)

Then we will be swapping it over to Hori, and repeating the testing.
We can get the image you are requesting then, however it will be a little longer then expected, due to the reasoning listed above.

Thanks!
ATI
Old 04-27-2014, 04:00 PM
ShaneFap
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I just finished up the tune on a C7 with a Procharger installed at Craven performance in St.Louis MO. It was the P1SC kit.

It's a nice kit and made good gains considering the car was a completely bone stock A6 and made 524 on a MD500.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:47 AM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ShaneFap
I just finished up the tune on a C7 with a Procharger installed at Craven performance in St.Louis MO. It was the P1SC kit.

It's a nice kit and made good gains considering the car was a completely bone stock A6 and made 524 on a MD500.
If that is the stock A6 tune from us, it is very very conservative, just and FYI. We had to do that on the A6 tunes because for whatever reason they were just more sensitive on fuel changes, based on loading of the engine, on gear changes.

Can't wait to see photos of the instal!

ATI
Old 04-28-2014, 10:57 AM
robertf97
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mustang dyno reads ~13% less than the dynojet correct?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:58 AM
ShaneFap
Burning Brakes

If that is the stock A6 tune from us, it is very very conservative, just and FYI. We had to do that on the A6 tunes because for whatever reason they were just more sensitive on fuel changes, based on loading of the engine, on gear changes.

Can't wait to see photos of the instal!

ATI
Yea i ended up doing about 150 changes on the A6 file like i always do.
These are for sure different than the older computers and more sensitive as you said. I got it working on the street great and 100% TPS. Car on the dyno was great then hit the street and wouldn't go over 75% TPS. Did some more tweaking and now it's great!

Old 04-28-2014, 11:03 AM
ShaneFap
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robertf97
Like i tell all my customers i hate comparing dynos from all over the country considering all the settings you can change and how you can fudge numbers and change corrections.

I would say from my personal experience on the MD500 used here and a local dynojet at SAE correction it was 4% lower. I used my old procharged G8 to find this out and dynoed my car on the MD500 here and that dynojet within 2 days of one another.

Once again i hate comparing different dyno brands/models/lines.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:12 AM
robertf97
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 04-28-2014, 11:13 AM
ShaneFap
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robertf97
Read above please.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=ShaneFap;1586768924]Yea i ended up doing about 150 changes on the A6 file like i always do.
These are for sure different than the older computers and more sensitive as you said. I got it working on the street great and 100% TPS. Car on the dyno was great then hit the street and wouldn't go over 75% TPS. Did some more tweaking and now it's great!

I guess there is a lot to do with custom tuning with FI; as each car reacts differently.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:50 PM
ShaneFap
Burning Brakes

!

I guess there is a lot to do with custom tuning with FI; as each car reacts differently.
The whole driver demand and load on these computers is for sure different over the old style systems on how they react to changes in the tuning.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:48 PM
sirjames_CO
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still waiting

Originally Posted by Late Model Racecraft
Will have pics and results of Procharger system installed to share with you guys. Sounds like it might be the first and only one running successfully when I am finished tuning it. I have heard several issues and other shops calling like crazy asking questions, not just about the procharger system but forced induction in general on the new LT1 engine. These new engines have tuners going crazy.
We are still waiting for the pics and results...

-Jim
Old 04-28-2014, 03:53 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

I got it working on the street great and 100% TPS. Car on the dyno was great then hit the street and wouldn't go over 75% TPS.
If they go rich, that is usually the #1 reason they will limit throttle, with the stock tune. Its odd how the AFR's gets tied to throttle. Whats even more interesting is when you see it limit throttle sometimes, yet no change in power. D/I and this new ECU will throw a lot of people for a loop the first couple go arounds, its great news that you have it rocking and rolling!

Happy Monday!
ATI
Old 04-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

If they go rich, that is usually the #1 reason they will limit throttle, with the stock tune. Its odd how the AFR's gets tied to throttle. Whats even more interesting is when you see it limit throttle sometimes, yet no change in power. D/I and this new ECU will throw a lot of people for a loop the first couple go arounds, its great news that you have it rocking and rolling!

Happy Monday!
ATI
So is the aforementioned issue (only 75% TPS) encountered by this tuner something that needs to be addressed in the handheld canned tune that you all supply for A6 cars?
Old 04-28-2014, 04:08 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

So is the aforementioned issue (only 75% TPS) encountered by this tuner something that needs to be addressed in the handheld canned tune that you all supply for A6 cars?
We haven't seen it on a BETA in-house, however have heard of one that did it in the field. BUT, its an easy easy fix for the customer since the tuners are unlocked if its a little rich at WOT, all you have to do is modify the tune in the handheld to remove a little fuel, reload the tune, and your set.

Every car is different, (IE: We have had dynos on stock cars range from 395-424 rwhp) So naturally the AFR's are going to vary a little bit. We however have the tune set that it will be on the rich side if anything. We don't want them to be on the other side, risking engine damage. Better to be down just a little on power (which can easily be fixed) then hurting motors.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:52 PM
ShaneFap
Burning Brakes

We haven't seen it on a BETA in-house, however have heard of one that did it in the field. BUT, its an easy easy fix for the customer since the tuners are unlocked if its a little rich at WOT, all you have to do is modify the tune in the handheld to remove a little fuel, reload the tune, and your set.

Every car is different, (IE: We have had dynos on stock cars range from 395-424 rwhp) So naturally the AFR's are going to vary a little bit. We however have the tune set that it will be on the rich side if anything. We don't want them to be on the other side, risking engine damage. Better to be down just a little on power (which can easily be fixed) then hurting motors.
100% correct here. Rather be safe than sorry.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:37 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

100% correct here. Rather be safe than sorry.
AMEN! Its always easier to take away fuel.... and add timing. Then the opposite after something goes "boom"

Get notified of new replies

To ProCharger 2014 Stingray C7 Corvette Supercharger System (Now Shipping)

Old 04-29-2014, 03:30 PM
sirjames_CO
Heel & Toe

Default Boost Gauge with ProCharger?

Does ATI have any plans to include a boost gauge? Is there a way to utilize/activate the boost gauge that I am told is in the C7 firmware?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sirjames_CO
Does ATI have any plans to include a boost gauge? Is there a way to utilize/activate the boost gauge that I am told is in the C7 firmware?
James, post videos of your car bro. You have one out there, but not good quality. Did you get your blower with straight or helical cut gears? Post some idle clips and some driving ones as well. Corvette Connection said that they were going to post, but never did.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:16 PM
sirjames_CO
Heel & Toe

Default Videos of what?

James, post videos of your car bro. You have one out there, but not good quality. Did you get your blower with straight or helical cut gears? Post some idle clips and some driving ones as well. Corvette Connection said that they were going to post, but never did.
I don't really have any videos. They are hard to shoot while I'm driving...

What would you like? I'll shoot the idle and post. I shot the one video of my son and I on our way to 158mph. Did you see that? I asked Corvette Connection to post theirs, but they are working 7 days now. Very busy crew over there.

I'm pretty sure I just got the straight/non-helical gears.

-Jim

Quick Reply: ProCharger 2014 Stingray C7 Corvette Supercharger System (Now Shipping)