C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProCharger 2014 Stingray C7 Corvette Supercharger System (Now Shipping)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Zmoy2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProChargerTech
With very conservative tuning for fuel variation, HP on the Auto's is usually around 550-560+rwhp, and Sticks are 570+rwhp on our Mustang Dyno. This is with no manipulation of the throttle body, or use of any restriction device. (Just normal strait forward tuning) Obviously like always a custom tune for local fuel type will lend to highest HP numbers possible.
How does your head unit compare to the novi 1500? Do you think the same power levels can be obtained with your head unit as the competitors have with the novi 1500 unit? And how come you guys lost power with headers on the car? Was it a tuning issue maybe?
Old 02-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Zmoy2
And how come you guys lost power with headers on the car? Was it a tuning issue maybe?
Interested to know this, as well.

Also, where are the rwtq numbers ending up? Any graphs or curves you could share?
Old 02-10-2014, 01:46 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
Interested to know this, as well.

Also, where are the rwtq numbers ending up? Any graphs or curves you could share?
I am also curious to see this as well.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:45 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

How does your head unit compare to the novi 1500? Do you think the same power levels can be obtained with your head unit as the competitors have with the novi 1500 unit? And how come you guys lost power with headers on the car? Was it a tuning issue maybe?
Searching this forum, can reveal what a P1-SC-1 and D1SC are capable in real world results. (That way you don't have to just take my word for it) Though as stated earlier in this posting, their are countless cars (G8's, Mustangs, Vettes) all in the 700-750rwhp range with a P1-SC-1 (which is clearly puts them above the 825 flywheel HP we rate them at) However, as stated if a person would like more power, we offer many other blowers to fit whatever HP range they desire.

As far as sound goes, you can order the P1-SC-1, and D1-SC with the Helical gear upgrade. When you do that ($100) it makes the head unit virtually silent. The C7's we have as BETA's are actually set up that way, however a few customers have requested they get standard head units, because they want to hear the blower "whine", so its nice that we have the option to make them however the customer wants.

Each gear set gets matched per the customers request. So when a customer tells a dealer "I want a loud blower" we can do that for them. Every supercharger gets tested before it leaves, and that includes a dB rating. So we can always look back using the serial number, and see what the sound rating of the blower was before it left. (Pretty cool actually) If the customer doesn't request a specific sound level, we have a tolerance which we consider "in-spec" for our QC procedures.

Head-unit sound will vary from application to application, due to bracket(s), which way the inlet is facing, idle RPM, and Cam design. ECT. So its hard to compare them due to those factors, AND you never know how someone wanted it to sound.

CLIFF NOTES: If you want it silent, we can do that. If you want it LOUD, we can do that as well.

Originally Posted by breecher_7
So the only advantage is that it is louder?
I already know the answer to that but its a silly statement.
? I don't understand your question.

But yes, the main difference is sound. And that one version can't be plumbed back into the intake if the customer wants, or have a filter attached to it, to make it even more quiet.

Ideally the bypass or blow off should be as close to the blower discharge as possible, pre intercooler, where is it located in this kit?
I have already answered this in a previous reply.

Why not make a blow off or bypass standard in the kit that vents to atmosphere with say a 3psi spring (or adjustment) in it? This would decrease IAT temps for sure, as you are venting pre intercooler, many of us have been doing this for years with great success. Would have been nice to see this incorporated from the get go. Yes Its louder, but its bennificial as well regardless of how efficient the intercooler already is.
Same answer as before, Since we are a supercharger manufacture, and not and installing dealer adding something like that isn't something we do.

Are detailed photos of kit components and bracketry available?
The photos I posted in the original post is very detailed. Its the same files that feed the CNC machines. There is no difference in the brackets that are shipping out the door, and the images I posted.

All in all its looking like a nice setup.
Thank for the kind words. Its appreciated
Old 02-10-2014, 02:58 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

And how come you guys lost power with headers on the car? Was it a tuning issue maybe?
It seems when dealing with Forced Induction, the factory GM set up is flowing/working amazing. And only us, and a few others have done a "TRUE" back to back comparison. Meaning we have countless Dyno runs on all of our cars in stock form, we then added blowers, and one car finally got exhaust. (And that car even with the boost level matching, lost power across the entire curve)

Normally we don't post results with anything other then stock cars. But this is also the first time we have seen a car loose power with exhaust change. (No it was not a tuning issue, it took tuning to get the car back to just 10hp down, and 15ftlbs) And felt like it was worth sharing our results.

Maybe others won't have these same results, However at this time we just don't have enough data points to pass judgments. (We have are results, and are told by others they are having the same results with FI cars) Normally we are VERY supportive of customer doing headers and exhaust changes, cause who doesn't like more HP and a killer sound?

I do have to say this again, We are not in the market of making/installing/selling exhaust, so pardon me if we do not go into this matter further, just simply stated our experience.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Forgot to ask, but in addition to the graphs, could we perhaps see the horizontal mounting image(s)?
Old 02-10-2014, 03:31 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

The bypass IS between the blower and IC...

Pro-flow has a filter attached to muffle sound, the other vents without filter/muffler. Both vent to atmosphere...
Old 02-10-2014, 03:45 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

These valves are specifically built by procharger for supercharger applications, no need to mess with springs like you may with a universal bov like a tial.

My proflow was fine out of the box and I still use it in combination with my tial to vent all 18psi
Old 02-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I believe (and I may be wrong) that it actuates at 3psi and maxes out at 10-12psi.

I would recommend upgrading to the better valve that they offer the first go-around.

Last edited by Theta; 02-10-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Autocorrect/spelling.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

If the BOV is the part of a Procharger that's too loud for some people... yikes.

Those straight cut gears will announce your presence from a block away (not that this is at all a bad thing)! And of course, they have the helical gear option (which I have never heard in-person on a Procharger-equipped car to date).
Old 02-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Debating between this and a ECS kit. Need to get some prices.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:23 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Both should make power.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:25 PM
robertf97
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Call Dave at Vengeance Racing 678-513-7105. He just set me up, $4750 for the kit, $100 for quiet helical gears, $125 shipping $4975 total. Handheld with tune is expected to be $300.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:46 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

We are an ECS/A&A and ProCharger dealer. The gentleman above was referencing his Pro Charger purchase
Old 02-10-2014, 04:52 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by C6_Demon
I'd argue it is amazing. For 5k you get a ton of horsepower, a system that looks like its the absolute best design, and you don't have to mangle your abs lines like some of the other kits. Kudos to Procharger for making us an awesome kit!
We installed an ECS kit on our shop C7 and did not have to "mangle" anything... Moving an ABS module less than 1" is not an issue and is being severely over "dramafied" on the internet.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:17 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by C6_Demon
If given the choice I'll choose the Procharger method of not twisting or distorting any component on my abs! It's a matter of opinions. Late Model Racecraft was on reddit saying the ecs method was a big no-no. You don't seem to mind.

For me, only the best will do, and that means a system that doesn't alter the abs at all. Excited for the quote! Get me some Procharger boost someone!

With all due respect to LMR they have not seen/installed/tested an ECS kit that I am aware of. If I felt this was an issue I would certainly have not put it on my car or offer it to customers. There really is no twisting or distorting of any kind, but I do understand your point of view

PM sent
Old 02-10-2014, 05:17 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

You are the blower manufacturer but you also product "kits" so wouldnt you want to set them up to be as efficient as possible? One would think so. By adding a BOV that vents to atmosphere post blower discharge it will vent compressed heated air to atmosphere pre intercooler.. This alone makes the system run cooler as the intercooler does not get "preheated". So I dont quite understand what being a manufacturer has to do with adding one of these at the production level when it should be a standard option for the kit as it is with many others. I know the location of your "bypass" is correct, ultimately my question is at what point of vacuum/boost is it open and closed, how is it set. Im not busting anyones ***** here, its a honest question.
Our system, and every other blower kit vents at the same point. (Even our competitors) I think you are mistaking the difference between a bypass valve and a blow off valve (or pop off valve) which are similar, however very different.

If engine is above vacuum, its closed, to create boost.
If the engine is in vacuum, its open, to bypass pressure.

That is how all bypass valves work, no matter who makes them.
The about the only thing that varies is the amount of CFM they can move. (And whats funny is that flow data would make people laught, that the "tube" style actually outflows the venting style units. But thats a whole other topic)

The only difference in the valves I showed that we make, is that one can be recirculated to the inlet system, for those that do not want to hear it when it vents under high load/high cfm. (The flow data is actually very close between the two units) We send the kits out stock with the "tube" style, and a K&N style filter over the end of it. (To make sure no debris gets in the end of it.

Also the photos posted are not detailed, they are CAD renderings. I as well as others would love to see actual photos of the parts. Crank pulley, Crank Drive pulley, Blower bracketry, off of the engine. A CAD rendering is is not the same thing as a photo. Also, that is not the same file that feeds the CNC machine... Thats a Drawing, no different than if I were to draw it up myself in solid works. The program that goes to the CNC looks nothing like that image. That would be CAM file with toolpath commands.
Anyone that knows CAD/CAM/CNC knows that its not "the same file type" that runs the machine. (That is pretty well understood, and I think CorvetteForum being filled with Engineers knows that)

What was being stated is that the CAD image you are looking at, is the file that the CNC file was created from. The only difference you would see is that its a satin alum. finished piece of metal. About the only details missing are the dimensions.

WHICH SINCE you asked, and we have nothing to hide.

At this point, I think we are the only centrifugal company to show both CAD drawings, and actual photos. However, don't judge those images, I just snapped a couple quick ones, because it was asked.

Also please note, that some magazines have discussed "exclusive" photos until they run their stories on the kit release, so I am limited in what I can show. (at least for now)

Seriously, post some photos of the components. We would like to see what that $5K is buying us.
If you want more images, I am sure you can contact us 913-338-2886 and get an owners manual coming to you with every image, that wouldn't break any exclusivity.

If we want propaganda or marketing fluff we can just step back into the pfadt threads certainly no need for that here with a real reputable company that has earned its stripes!
I don't think there is any propadanda in our thread what-so-ever. People are asking questions, and I am giving answers as fast I ask I can.

As I can sneak away from projects, I will get items up here like the "How-To" as fast as I can.

However I will not get into debates about why being a manufacture we do not put Meth Kits, or wastegates,restrictors, etc. on our systems. (That is up to dealers/installers/customer if they chose to do so)

Get notified of new replies

To ProCharger 2014 Stingray C7 Corvette Supercharger System (Now Shipping)

Old 02-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

So what would a black d1sc kit with a tune ready to bolt on cost?
Old 02-10-2014, 05:23 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Theta
I believe (and I may be wrong) that it actuates at 3psi and maxes out at 10-12psi.

I would recommend upgrading to the better valve that they offer the first go-around.

Please see my above post. It explains that our valves do not work like that in anyway. And I can assure you there is NO need to upgrade that valve until you are making some INSANE amounts of power, or you just want something that is VERY loud. To let the people that live on your street your coming home

Hope this helps,
ATI ProCharger
Old 02-10-2014, 05:26 PM
0ProChargerTech
Former Vendor

So what would a black d1sc kit with a tune ready to bolt on cost?
We do not sell factory direct, because we believe in supporting local shops/installers/tuner, such as the ones that support this forum. (I believe one has already posted in this thread)

Quick Reply: ProCharger 2014 Stingray C7 Corvette Supercharger System (Now Shipping)