C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Halltech StingerCKN Intake on customers car PICS

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default First Halltech StingerCKN Intake on customers car PICS

Sent by a much better photographer than me: He installed the intake without our installation instructions, now available.

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Last edited by Halltech; 01-29-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:12 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Halltech
Sent by a much better photographer than me: He installed the intake without our installation instructions, now available.
A cardiologist may be able to pay $$$$$ for it. What do you have available for us
retired folks....
Old 01-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I believe the next non-CF variation is nearly complete. That version will cost significantly less from earlier indications.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by VNAMVET
A cardiologist may be able to pay $$$$$ for it. What do you have available for us
retired folks....
We are working on the roto version. Had a setback on our Rapid Prototype model cracking at the MAF mount. Hey, only $1200 for a new model.

As soon as we get our model complete, the mold will go into production.

We are looking at the end of Feb.

$499 retail.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Theta
I believe the next non-CF variation is nearly complete. That version will cost significantly less from earlier indications.
Yep.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,561 Likes on 531 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

any difference in gains with the CF and non CF intake?
Old 01-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

The CF may offer slightly cooler IATs from the material heat soak differences.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6
any difference in gains with the CF and non CF intake?
We are going to use a special Nylon/Poly mix for better heat resistance, but nothing compares to Carbon Fiber, with Nomex III cloth as sandwich meat. Our IATs ran +3 to 4 Degrees F vs ambient for the entire trip from Wisconsin to Michigan. Typically, stock is +10 F vs. ambient.

That will not account for much horsepower (.5%), but we just got numbers in from Vengeance Racing tonight which will turn some heads. I will let Ron or Kevin announce them.

Other than the material, and slightly better IATs with the Nomex III, the power will be the same.

Last edited by Halltech; 01-15-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:36 AM
The running man
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is one bad a$$ looking intake!
Old 01-16-2014, 11:14 AM
CNB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

We are going to use a special Nylon/Poly mix for better heat resistance, but nothing compares to Carbon Fiber, with Nomex III cloth as sandwich meat. Our IATs ran +3 to 4 Degrees F vs ambient for the entire trip from Wisconsin to Michigan. Typically, stock is +10 F vs. ambient.

That will not account for much horsepower (.5%), but we just got numbers in from Vengeance Racing tonight which will turn some heads. I will let Ron or Kevin announce them.

Other than the material, and slightly better IATs with the Nomex III, the power will be the same.
Very nice Jim! What are the results from Vengence? I haven't seen their post.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by CNB
Very nice Jim! What are the results from Vengence? I haven't seen their post.
I'll let them announce results after they retune it. Their car was fitting with a cam and headers, so our intake made a huge difference over the stock airplug, since the synergistic demand for more airflow was huge.

So far, we have seen three stock C7s gain 9 RWHP/6lb-ft, just simple bolt on results, with no tuning of any kind. Katech, Halltech, and Texas Speed.

Katech's C7 and our C7 went to 14 RWHP/9lb-ft with Katech's tuner just touching up the MAF tables only.

Katech did 555 HP (preliminary) on the engine dyno with our prototype intake, headers and their new cam. and will be retesting the production version soon.

Vengeance did better than we expected without retuning. Waiting for their final numbers.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Default Backorders done

After 2 more Stingers shipping Monday to Geiger Cars in Germany, we are caught up on backorders.

Jim
Old 01-16-2014, 01:47 PM
deanm11
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Dyno results with consistent A/F ratio?

Jim, The CF unit is gorgeous. I love your approach and products and plan to be a customer when I get a C7. I have a question about tested results. Now the results you cite are without a tune- which is great because tons of your customers will get exactly what was tested when they bolt on the product. Do you have any results you can share where the A/F is normalized/tuned with the intake to match the bone stock WOT A/F ? I just want to know if/what of the pickup is due to a slight lean-out of the A/F. That all said, I'd buy based on the heat soak prevention alone.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:53 PM
nickmenow
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll let them announce results after they retune it. Their car was fitting with a cam and headers, so our intake made a huge difference over the stock airplug, since the synergistic demand for more airflow was huge.

So far, we have seen three stock C7s gain 9 RWHP/6lb-ft, just simple bolt on results, with no tuning of any kind. Katech, Halltech, and Texas Speed.

Katech's C7 and our C7 went to 14 RWHP/9lb-ft with Katech's tuner just touching up the MAF tables only.

Katech did 555 HP (preliminary) on the engine dyno with our prototype intake, headers and their new cam. and will be retesting the production version soon.

Vengeance did better than we expected without retuning. Waiting for their final numbers.
Announced => http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-t...ts-inside.html
Old 01-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by deanm11
Jim, The CF unit is gorgeous. I love your approach and products and plan to be a customer when I get a C7. I have a question about tested results. Now the results you cite are without a tune- which is great because tons of your customers will get exactly what was tested when they bolt on the product. Do you have any results you can share where the A/F is normalized/tuned with the intake to match the bone stock WOT A/F ? I just want to know if/what of the pickup is due to a slight lean-out of the A/F. That all said, I'd buy based on the heat soak prevention alone.
The 14 RWHP is actually bringing back some of the leaning out; the opposite of what you might think.

We actually do not affect closed loop fuel trims differently than stock. MAF translation is perfect. Timing stays steady with our intake, with no knock retard at all even though open loop leans out slightly.

+9 to 10 RWHP can be taken to the bank on the stock motor, with no mods or tuning at all. Getting the air fuel ratio to best power through simple MAF correction methods puts down +14RWHP 9lb-ft.

Invite us to the party where Mr. headers and Mr. cam are dancing and we move onto the dance floor with +19 RWHP +21lbs ft. without retuning anything.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:47 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Very nice Jim, looks great.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:39 PM
drjim100
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First customer install of CAI by Halltech

Just finished instillation of the CKN unit by Halltech and since I don't have access to a dyno for now I have to take their word for the gains. What I can attest to is that the unit is absolutely gorgeous and fit is first class. Did the instillation without instructions, that's how easy it was. By the time I rerouted the radiator overflow lines and installed the unit it took a little over an hour. Of course I also was enjoying a cigar and some scotch, negate the last two and instillation should be 30 minutes or so. Jim has already posted some of my pictures. I would highly recommend this beautiful and functional work of art. Halltech has been extremely supportive and without hesitation answered any and all my questions. I will do a tune as soon as I can. Any questions feel free to email me.

Get notified of new replies

To First Halltech StingerCKN Intake on customers car PICS

Old 01-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hopefully a mail-order tune from a company like Pfadt can compensate for the new Halltech piece.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
Hopefully a mail-order tune from a company like Pfadt can compensate for the new Halltech piece.
It really needs no compensation. Last mod to the Vengeance party gained +19 RWHP +21lb-ft torque, without any change in programming:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-t...ts-inside.html
Old 01-28-2014, 03:20 PM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Didn't realize Haltech was in Wisconsin, I have a Z51 on order. I am looking to get max gains without touching the ECU to maintain the factory warranty, so headers and intake are on my short list. Is it your contention that the car adapts without software for better breathing on the intake and exhaust and doesn't go lean?

Quick Reply: First Halltech StingerCKN Intake on customers car PICS