C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS C7 Supercharger Dyno video stock vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Stunt
Awesome!

The "gauge" will of course have to be activated somehow and properly calibrated, or perhaps the Z06 sensor (or ZR1 if the Z06 is NA) can be fitted and no calibration needed?

That would be very slick and provide a very OEM look and feel!
I'm actually glad I waited until you edited that to respond.

It will absolutely take the unlocking of the feature in the ECM to even begin to be used. Perhaps when we see the Z06 tables (and perhaps feature codes) we will see if it's using a tap, or simply a MAP sensor somewhere.

For right now, though, wishful thinking. But cool, nonetheless.

Or, it could have been Photoshopped for a 'press photo' as so many manufacturers do these days (sort of a form of overt camouflaging). Or, it may have been dropped from the final product... so many variables.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:01 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Nice work Doug are your kits utilizing the same restrictor plates as well?
Old 01-02-2014, 08:04 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I love the clean look!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:38 PM
drbru001
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am a newbie here. my C7 arrives at the end of the month. Im at 3300. I have been forever enamored with the ability to modify but have yet to take the plunge on any of my cars. Im now 45 and in the financial position to get in the game. With all that said, how does one do a respectable job at evaluating which company's supercharger system to choose? Theres yours Doug, A and A in another thread, procharger, Henessey, Lingenfelter, etc as the list goes on. How does a somewhat educated newbie evaluate performance and durability and cost? How does one compare the style or design of the type of supercharger? is one better than another in some objective way? Im putting this out there because Im sure there are others like me... especially since you commented regarding the numbers of newbies posting. Thanks so much anyone and everyone for your help and responses! Happy New Year to all. Im thankful to be part of the C7 blessing.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Unreal
As Doug said, 650rwhp on auto should be ok. Friend did 700rwhp for 10k miles with no issues, then turned it up to 750 and it would slip on 3 to 4 shift. Was perfectly happy at 700rwhp in a heavy Camaro.

ECS has great support and parts. I'm sure this will be top notch just like their c5 and c6 kits.
I'm thinking 593 through an M7 would be ~560 rwhp through an A6. Doing some real bench racing, that should be plenty to go ~132 mph in good air. If the A6 holds up (and the car would probably need a tire), it should go low-10's.
S.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by drbru001
I am a newbie here. my C7 arrives at the end of the month. Im at 3300. I have been forever enamored with the ability to modify but have yet to take the plunge on any of my cars. Im now 45 and in the financial position to get in the game. With all that said, how does one do a respectable job at evaluating which company's supercharger system to choose? Theres yours Doug, A and A in another thread, procharger, Henessey, Lingenfelter, etc as the list goes on. How does a somewhat educated newbie evaluate performance and durability and cost? How does one compare the style or design of the type of supercharger? is one better than another in some objective way? Im putting this out there because Im sure there are others like me... especially since you commented regarding the numbers of newbies posting. Thanks so much anyone and everyone for your help and responses! Happy New Year to all. Im thankful to be part of the C7 blessing.
Lots of reading. Look into the companies results and history with superchargers. ECS holds a ton of records and has sold thousands of kits. A&A also. Other companies like LPE/Henessey/etc don't make a kit, they put on other peoples kits like magnacharger, edelbrock, etc.

You can't go wrong with an ECS kit.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:58 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you had a chance to compare previous kits from all those companies side by side and compare the quality of the parts included, the engineering involved, and the track record of how well the kits work. You will find that ECS and A&A are by far the leaders in speed and horsepower. If you compare those two side by side you will see that the ECS kit is just better made, uses stronger parts, is a tad bit better thought out for the hard core racer.

Both companies make an amazing product overall.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:59 AM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Start with your location... A&A is on the West coast, ECS on the East.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,561 Likes on 531 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

ECS builds a quality product for sure... just take a peek at some of their accomplishments.

Cant wait to see this bad boy with some ARH... I am thinking 630/640 whp !!!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Call them - speak to them. You're talking about companies that have built and sold thousands of kits. They can answer any of your questions.

Also remember that if you are not able to install it yourself, you need to find a dealer or competent installer that is both familiar and comfortable with the specific kit you choose. This may very well be the first C7 they install a kit on (a hypothetical installer), so you want to make sure you're not just a guinea pig. Food for thought...

Kind of getting off topic here, though.

Last edited by Theta; 01-03-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:45 PM
drbru001
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

thanks for the feedback everyone!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Cdn996
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooler

Will there be other ESC kits developed with a different location for the intercooler in the future? This location looks very efficient (and pretty cool too!), but I'm going to be running in snow/salt and on some crap roads although not gravel, and I'm thinking something tucked up into the front might be more protected.

Great looking kit! Can't wait to see it with headers.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:18 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 760 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by Theta
Call them - speak to them. You're talking about companies that have built and sold thousands of kits. They can answer any of your questions.

Also remember that if you are not able to install it yourself, you need to find a dealer or competent installer that is both familiar and comfortable with the specific kit you choose. This may very well be the first C7 they install a kit on (a hypothetical installer), so you want to make sure you're not just a guinea pig. Food for thought...

Kind of getting off topic here, though.
Installer could be installer. I would think that everyone would want a great tuner included. Something to think about. I personally have Prochargers throughout the years If I would be supercharged. Quality, price all play in to this game
Old 01-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by 123sugey
Installer could be installer. I would think that everyone would want a great tuner included. Something to think about. I personally have Prochargers throughout the years If I would be supercharged. Quality, price all play in to this game
I may be wrong, but I think all of the SC packages coming out ship with tuners/tunes, so that takes a little nibble out of that worry.

I know what you're saying, though! It's good to have someone local who can support you directly (authorized dealer being even better).
Old 01-03-2014, 10:24 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Great results! Now I'm really excited by the C7!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

That Z06 better come in at the right price or else

Fantastic results Douglas!!
Old 01-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Zmoy2
Advanced

I'm all over this kit and have already talked to some guys at ECS on ordering one. My question is the following, will a set of 20" drag radials suffice for traction with this kit? And if so, which tire would you guys recommend.

Thanks in advance

Get notified of new replies

To ECS C7 Supercharger Dyno video stock vehicle

Old 01-04-2014, 02:23 PM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Looks great, I want a C7 with an ECS kit on it NOW This kit looks so nice, looks factory, but even "cooler"!
Old 01-05-2014, 07:18 PM
GNC7
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris at ECS said it was a possibility to use my car as an instructional guide when I expressed interest but havnt heard back in 3 weeks. Ive sent quiet a few pm's but they have all been ignored. Not sure whats going on? Ive seen these guys at Atco countless times and my buddy Carmello bought one of there older builds, a white supercharged z06. I'll keep searching.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Did you ever try to call? Just curious, since I've not seen Chris post in a long while. Doug does, though.

Quick Reply: ECS C7 Supercharger Dyno video stock vehicle