Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 Tech/Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C7 Tech/Performance
Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace Sponsored by
Hennessey Performance

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 12-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #21
walhan_qtr
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

WalhaN walhan_qtr
Send a message via MSN to walhan_qtr Send a message via Skype™ to walhan_qtr

I have everything you have except 3/5/ and 12. but I just pretend there is no issues with it LOL
walhan_qtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #22
garwood94
CF Senior Member

Default Enfotainment Issue - Touchscreen

I find that at times I cannot change the radio station using the touchscreen. I have made sure the center cluster was on something else beside radio as well and the touchscreen still did not work. Seems like other times the touchscreen does work - I'm confused... Is there something I am doing that deactivates the touchscreen? Anyone have any insight on this issue?

Another issue is I have hit the rev limiter 8 or 10 times now and I have not held the throttle at WOT or anything like that - Just 3/4 pedal or so and it pops on the limiter going to 2nd and 3rd. It would seem to me the A6 shift point should prevent this from occurring. Is this common or do I need some re-programming? My car is fairly early at ~1000 if that matters...

I love the car though, and this is my 15th vette.
garwood94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #23
MitchAlsup
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseal View Post
that's why i contend that a sportscar that is meant to live for 50 years like the vette should have an absolute minimum of electronics, very few modules, and all modules should be in an easily accessible panel instead of crammed up in the dash for a 10 hour replacement job.
as much as I would like to agree with you, the fact is that the Corvette is designed for minimal problems over 10 years, and the factory does not give a hoot about what happens after 10 years.

Quote:
why would a freaking corvette want mirror reverse, mode selectors other than - real man all off - and let your mom drive it all on.

why would anyone accept a car that reverted to some unwanted complicated setting every time you start it, rather than the setting you select?

why would you want screens and electronics that will soon be obsolete if they aren't already? if you want a lap timer, or a map, use your iphone or buy a real product.

why would anyone ever want a sports car whose doors lock or unlock without you doing it?
I am still in complete agreement with you, but the fact is that the market demands loading up the car with electronics==WEIGHT--about the only thing I need is A/C, I don't even need the windows to roll down or the top to come off.
MitchAlsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #24
corvettecarl
CF Member

Default History repeats itself

This is very sad news. I have been following the C7 since it was first spied a few years back. I had previously purchased a new 2005 (Z51) and had many electrical gremlins like you folks are experiencing. I begged GM to buy it back so I could buy a new one but those pleas fell on deaf ears. I had hoped they would do a better job on the C7 but it looks like you guys/and gals got ripped off too. I was so disappointed with the 2005 I sold it at a significant loss. I have been driving Bimmers since (335 & 550) and couldn't be happier, and the dealer treats me like a human being. I have spotted a couple C7s on the road and was really getting the fever for a ragtop. I just want to thanks you guys/gals for saving me a ton of grief and regret. I reckon I will start looking again at the third model year or so.
corvettecarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:23 PM   #25
JoesC5
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseal View Post
every car has problem children... that's why i contend that a sportscar that is meant to live for 50 years like the vette should have an absolute minimum of electronics, very few modules, and all modules should be in an easily accessible panel instead of crammed up in the dash for a 10 hour replacement job.

why would a freaking corvette want mirror reverse, mode selectors other than - real man all off - and let your mom drive it all on.

why would anyone accept a car that reverted to some unwanted complicated setting every time you start it, rather than the setting you select?

why would you want screens and electronics that will soon be obsolete if they aren't already? if you want a lap timer, or a map, use your iphone or buy a real product.

why would anyone ever want a sports car whose doors lock or unlock without you doing it?

i am sorry you are having these problems, but the fact is none of these devices should be in a corvette. period. ever. and they are why in 50 years you'll see 100 year old vettes, but you won't find a 50 year old one.
Of course the do. Every single one of them. My 15 year old Mercedes(and we ALL know how crappy they are) has been in the shop once, for a battery recall when it was new and Mercedes replaced the battery. My 6 year old C6 Z06 has been in the shop once, for new axles nuts at 380 miles. Now has 28,000 miles. I did replace the heads with aftermarket heads 800 miles ago, but the original ones had not given me any trouble.
Just another two pieces of crap....correct?????

My 64 had it's 50th birthday last October. It's still running most of it's original parts like the power windows, power brakes(I did have to replace the power brake booster a couple of years ago because, after 48 years, the diaphragm finally tore) power steering(still all original). But, that damn clock that no one needs quit working around ten years ago. I ought to crush the damn car. It's nothing but problems with all those unnecessary items. The engine and automatic transmission are original, but I freshened them up around 14-15 years ago.

But, when I have to decide which car(my 56 Vette or 64 Vette or the Z06) I want to drive on a 3,400 mile trip(especially across Kansas at 105 degrees ambient), it's the new(er) Z06 with all the unneeded (LOL) bells and whistles.
JoesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #26
leadville1
CF Senior Member

I just ordered my first Corvette, and specifically didn't buy any of the high option trims for all the electrical doo dads. I figure every system they add, adds complexity, weight and cost. One reason I am selling my M5 is it is just too complex of technology and not reliable long term.

Less is more.
leadville1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #27
Irish7777

brought my 2014 stingray- Z 51 to dealership today with 2400 miles on it. rattling sound under the hood- vibration too- started a couple days ago. Sound & vibration is getting louder & more frequent. Was told via the mechanic that he has had 2 other Z 51- stingrays in with 2-3000 miles same issues. 1 was due to torque issues and the other one was a belt issue. This is my 14 th vette and by far the most amazing one I have owned.
Irish7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:22 PM   #28
FlyinLow
CF Senior Member

I don't believe you will be able to turn off the horn sounding when you exit the car with the key fob and the car is running. Its to remind you that you have removed the fob. Every car I have owned with push button start is set that way and you can't turn it off (probably a DOT regulation I'm guessing). You can turn the horn off when you lock the car, but that's about it.
FlyinLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:22 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page Problems with my 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51