C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 tune Diablotune results!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Zmoy2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be patient dude, sun came out and I took my car for a spin. You can really feel the difference with the can tune! Can't wait to get a custom tune from diablew tune.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:18 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great to hear!!thanks for the update...i will give them till monday after that its going back!
Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 PM
killascrimp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scott76807
I emailed them the files with no response from anyone, so I called ...waited 10 minutes on hold and finally spoke to mike.

He advised me that they are about a week out on getting me a file..UGH

I wouldn't recommend buying the Diablo product till we see more success posted from the tool, seems that there are very few working correctly out of the box

Scott
STAY TUNED.... remember most people are off (new years).Its worth the wait remember that this was just released.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:14 PM
scott76807
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by killascrimp
STAY TUNED.... remember most people are off (new years).Its worth the wait remember that this was just released.
I give them a week as well, with no grief because of the holidays.

I just wouldn't recommend jumping at the special offer for next day shipping free as a way to separate you from 400.00..
Old 12-31-2013, 03:33 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Originally Posted by vetehead
Great to hear!!thanks for the update...i will give them till Monday after that its going back!
Ok Diablo got me a conversion within hrs when the intune did not work out of the box!

Apparently the tune in my car because of the few updates my car received was one diablo has not seen.

The reason the conversion file they sent me did not work is because I was saving to the intune drive directly from email!!my PC was only saving a file name.I had to save on PC first and change the attributes to the file to unblock.Then saved to the intune device, at that point the file loaded on the intune device and showed preparing,writing a few times and finally loaded to car successfully .....

One heads up here once the update file loaded itself it disappears from the intune directory,If I was told that from the beginning I would have known where to look a week ago...

WOW it was worth the wait.....Now I finally know why people need slicks!

The car wants to keep busting the tires loose.... leaps,jumps, throttle response increase....Very much a seat of the pants increase.....Good job Diablo!!!

The only thing I noticed is the skip shift is still in effect,it is supposed to be tuned out as per Mike on m7 cars???maybe because they did a quick conversion file to get me working...I don't know....
I guess I will have to wait a little longer for that feature to begin to work!!!

Vas was the tech support guy and did a great job!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

Ok Diablo got me a conversion within hrs when the intune did not work out of the box!

Apparently the tune in my car because of the few updates my car received was one diablo has not seen.

The reason the conversion file they sent me did not work is because I was saving to the intune drive directly from email!!my PC was only saving a file name.I had to save on PC first and change the attributes to the file to unblock.Then saved to the intune device, at that point the file loaded on the intune device and showed preparing,writing a few times and finally loaded to car successfully .....

One heads up here once the update file loaded itself it disappears from the intune directory,If I was told that from the beginning I would have known where to look a week ago...

WOW it was worth the wait.....Now I finally know why people need slicks!

The car wants to keep busting the tires loose.... leaps,jumps, throttle response increase....Very much a seat of the pants increase.....Good job Diablo!!!

The only thing I noticed is the skip shift is still in effect,it is supposed to be tuned out as per Mike on m7 cars???maybe because they did a quick conversion file to get me working...I don't know....
I guess I will have to wait a little longer for that feature to begin to work!!!

Vas was the tech support guy and did a great job!
You can modify the tune and deactivate skip shift (cags) yourself, but it should of been deactivated from the can tune.

What's nice about the Diablosport products is that they add applications (updates) as new models come out. For example: you sell your C6, restore oem tune, buy a C7 install new can tune without purchasing another tuner.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:10 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3

You can modify the tune and deactivate skip shift (cags) yourself, but it should of been deactivated from the can tune.

What's nice about the Diablosport products is that they add applications (updates) as new models come out. For example: you sell your C6, restore oem tune, buy a C7 install new can tune without purchasing another tuner.
Mike,thanks for that...but i did go in to look at what can be edited in the diablo tune and cags is not a field there to be changed.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 733 Likes on 473 Posts

Mike,thanks for that...but i did go in to look at what can be edited in the diablo tune and cags is not a field there to be changed.
Hum? With the C6 tune, it allows me to Change Parameters/Cags is listed as the first parameter to change. I'm sure Diablosport will resolve this shortly.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Glad to hear you are enjoying the tune

CAGS is hiding in a new spot on the C7, we'll get it added this week likely, along with the fan controls
Old 01-01-2014, 03:04 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Mike,thanks your guy Vas was great!! But I have to tell you stuff gets misses with email support....If my support was handles via a phone call I would have been up a running a week earlier!! Please don't put me on the back burner as I would like it to be working 100 pct. I'm not sure I understand wasn't it you that stated that gags was auto tuned out earlier in this thread???or was it just my conversion file that is missing the deletion of cags???

Thanks again,

Ron
Old 01-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Zmoy2
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Glad to hear you are enjoying the tune

CAGS is hiding in a new spot on the C7, we'll get it added this week likely, along with the fan controls
Could you please forward the update to me once you have it
Old 01-05-2014, 12:10 AM
scott76807
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Mike sent me the update Friday

worked 1st time...!

I installed the 91 octane tune...I know the diablo tune is hotter.

Really impressed with the results, 1/2 throttle in 1st gear(manual)

tires break loose....very nice....!

worth the money for sure

Scott
Old 01-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Zmoy2
Could you please forward the update to me once you have it
but of course

Originally Posted by scott76807
Mike sent me the update Friday

worked 1st time...!

I installed the 91 octane tune...I know the diablo tune is hotter.

Really impressed with the results, 1/2 throttle in 1st gear(manual)

tires break loose....very nice....!

worth the money for sure

Scott
awesome. That's what we like to hear

Enjoy!!!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Swath
Instructor

Question for Mike, Will you have tunes for headers (ARH) and cat back exhaust (Billy Boat) or will I need to take it to a tuner?

What about for Halltech's CAI?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Swath
Question for Mike, Will you have tunes for headers (ARH) and cat back exhaust (Billy Boat) or will I need to take it to a tuner?

What about for Halltech's CAI?
the cat back wont require any changes, but the headers will likely need a few tweaks from a CMR tuner. I havent seen a CAI yet, so tough to say if it needs MAF changes or not.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:46 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Mike,any update on the cags removal that was left out of the diablo tune??
Old 01-17-2014, 01:19 AM
3pitbulls
Advanced

Mike I been thinking of getting a tune for my Stingray..its a non z51.manual..i would like to have a better throttle response and a better punch off the line...can you give me a price a recommendation as to which one to get..in my small town in New Mexico best I can do is 91 octane..so Ill be using the 91 tune...can you also tell me the difference on the diablo vs the other tunes available (Pfadt tune).? thanks...

Last edited by 3pitbulls; 01-17-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 tune Diablotune results!

Old 01-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 3pitbulls
Mike I been thinking of getting a tune for my Stingray..its a non z51.manual..i would like to have a better throttle response and a better punch off the line...can you give me a price a recommendation as to which one to get..in my small town in New Mexico best I can do is 91 octane..so Ill be using the 91 tune...can you also tell me the difference on the diablo vs the other tunes available (Pfadt tune).? thanks...
If you just want a tool to load tunes and change stuff when needed, the intune is perfect. If you would like to be able to monitor all sorts of sensor data in real time, or do a bunch of datalogging, Trinity is the ticket. Both have the same tuning capabilities.

As for comparing to other tunes, I cant say as i dont have any experience with them, but we offer you a bunch of user adjustable parameters, including one we call throttle boost, which allows you to dial in more throttle response than the tunes offer out of the box if you so desire
Old 02-09-2014, 09:21 AM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Do you have any AFR graphs on your tune, I would imagine your running more timing and less fuel to achieve these numbers. I would want to know it would be safe on a race track.

Does the C7 have Knock sensors to protect against detonation?
Old 02-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by leadville1
Do you have any AFR graphs on your tune, I would imagine your running more timing and less fuel to achieve these numbers. I would want to know it would be safe on a race track.

Does the C7 have Knock sensors to protect against detonation?
yes on KR sensors

Quick Reply: C7 tune Diablotune results!