C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 tune Diablotune results!

Old 04-11-2014, 11:11 PM
nethomas
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike, I know that you are on this thread a lot and I was wondering if there is anyway you could explain each of the different modalities on the InTune. Maybe most on here understand all the shift changes, torque management etc. But I bet I'm not the only reader and owner of the unit who doesn't understand them all. I have changed the Throttle response and not really sure what to do with the other apps. Any thoughts on maybe a sticky with the different modalities and what they do for the car? Sorry if this is a really dumb thing and everyone except me already knows!! LOL

NE Thomas
Mexico, Missouri
Old 04-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Does this help?
http://www.diablosport.com/support/a...explained.html

If you need some info on any specific parameter let me know which one
Old 04-13-2014, 11:20 AM
nethomas
Racer

what is the advantage of the torque management? What does it change?
Old 04-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

The TM adjustment we leave for the end user is for the up shift abuse mode as I recall, it decides how much torque the PCM allows during a shift by limiting timing or throttle (or both).
Old 04-13-2014, 06:15 PM
nethomas
Racer

OK then!! thanks Mike

NE Thomas
Mexico, Missouri
Old 04-18-2014, 05:40 PM
RedCarrot
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, I know you guys don't do custom tune for header, but what about custom tune for intake to get the most out of it? Or does it even matter for intake?

Just curious as I will likely buy an intake in the near future.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Any of our cmr tuners can do a custom tune for headers or an intake if needed
Old 04-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Randy WS6
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

PM sent on the tune you built for me
Old 04-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Vegas07C6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just want to say that Mike @ Diablo is a stand up guy. I was having issues with my new tuner, he helped and their tech support walked me through everything.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Vegas07C6
Just want to say that Mike @ Diablo is a stand up guy. I was having issues with my new tuner, he helped and their tech support walked me through everything.
Glad we could help

Enjoy!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:45 AM
3pitbulls
Advanced

If I buy a used intune from a fellow forum user, can I updated and load the right tune for my stingray? He said it unmarried and updated ready to go,,, any thought or experiences buying a used unit??
Old 04-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 3pitbulls
If I buy a used intune from a fellow forum user, can I updated and load the right tune for my stingray? He said it unmarried and updated ready to go,,, any thought or experiences buying a used unit??
Yes, that should work.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:19 PM
cpages2
Intermediate

Does anyone know if there is a support e-mail for Diablo? I am having a number of issues with my new tuner and when I call support number it says they are closed
Old 04-25-2014, 09:04 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by cpages2
Does anyone know if there is a support e-mail for Diablo? I am having a number of issues with my new tuner and when I call support number it says they are closed
My email is posted a few times in this thread, and you can always use support @ diablosport.com
Please feel free to PM me and let me know what's going on.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 09:38 PM
cpages2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
My email is posted a few times in this thread, and you can always use support @ diablosport.com

Thanks

Well I worked through the registration issues. Your site kept saying Token Invalid.

I come from a COBB world so this is radically different from nabbing a tune file and applying what matches what you want done.

Few questions:

1) So I assume when hooked up to the car and I chose the Diablo Tune, this is your 93 octane tune with all bells and whistles?

2) After selecting this tune I was prompted with a number of options that I can change such as DoD(Not sure what this is), Spark, Acceleration, etc... Do I have to set these or are they for fine tuning? If left alone am I taking advantage of what the product offers?

3) The book that came with unit just says HOOK UP, TUNE VEHICLE, WRITE VEHICLE. Is there some place I can go read up on all the options and what they do?

4) On your site/forums there is a GM tunes files. Do I need that? I assume not as the device wrote my ECM but not sure why this is out there.

5) How often do maps/tunes update? Will I get notifications? With COBB I get an e-mail notification when a new Map is released and what it does (such as correct AFR, etc...). Or do I have to just keep checking your site/auto-update.

Thank you for the help!

- Mike
Old 04-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Jpiatchek
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Diablo sport tech number

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport

Thanks
Their phone number is 561-908-0040. Don't know if they are there on Saturday. Maybe a few minutes on hold, but Garrett and Vas are pretty good. There are also Mike Litsch and Mike M. Mike Litsch works the forum quite a bit. Hope this helps. John
Old 04-26-2014, 12:06 PM
corvettekrzy
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you need to return to stock tune whenever you want to load a tune, i.e., from a Diablo Tune to 91 Octane tune?

Get notified of new replies

To C7 tune Diablotune results!

Old 04-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 730 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by cpages2
Well I worked through the registration issues. Your site kept saying Token Invalid.

I come from a COBB world so this is radically different from nabbing a tune file and applying what matches what you want done.

Few questions:

1) So I assume when hooked up to the car and I chose the Diablo Tune, this is your 93 octane tune with all bells and whistles?

2) After selecting this tune I was prompted with a number of options that I can change such as DoD(Not sure what this is), Spark, Acceleration, etc... Do I have to set these or are they for fine tuning? If left alone am I taking advantage of what the product offers?

3) The book that came with unit just says HOOK UP, TUNE VEHICLE, WRITE VEHICLE. Is there some place I can go read up on all the options and what they do?

4) On your site/forums there is a GM tunes files. Do I need that? I assume not as the device wrote my ECM but not sure why this is out there.

5) How often do maps/tunes update? Will I get notifications? With COBB I get an e-mail notification when a new Map is released and what it does (such as correct AFR, etc...). Or do I have to just keep checking your site/auto-update.

Thank you for the help!

- Mike
1. Yes, the Diablo Tune is 93 octane tune for the corvette.

2. No changes are needed, unless you have mods: air intake, headers etc. You can make the changes yourself or have one of Diablo's CMR custom tuner do it: Diablew Tunes (Lew)

3. Diablosport's website has a description of the parameters that can be adjusted. Go to Support tab, then explanation of parameters.

4. As long as the Intune has the latest update you should not have to down load files from their website. The update will have the latest files for your application.

5. To get the most recent update, just plug in the device to your PC computer it will automatically look for updates. Remember that you are updating all the files when you do this not just your application. When new vehicles come out that's when the updates are important, once established, the updates will most likely not apply to you. Not to say the it ever will!

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 04-26-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 730 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettekrzy
Do you need to return to stock tune whenever you want to load a tune, i.e., from a Diablo Tune to 91 Octane tune?
No, just load the Diablo tune or 91 tune or even a custom tune.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:42 PM
cpages2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mike's LS3
1. Yes, the Diablo Tune is 93 octane tune for the corvette.

2. No changes are needed, unless you have mods: air intake, headers etc. You can make the changes yourself or have one of Diablo's CMR custom tuner do it: Diablew Tunes (Lew)

3. Diablosport's website has a description of the parameters that can be adjusted. Go to Support tab, then explanation of parameters.

4. As long as the Intune has the latest update you should not have to down load files from their website. The update will have the latest files for your application.

5. To get the most recent update, just plug in the device to your PC computer it will automatically look for updates. Remember that you are updating all the files when you do this not just your application. When new vehicles come out that's when the updates are important, once established, the updates will most likely not apply to you. Not to say the it ever will!

Hope that helps.

Thank you that does!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 tune Diablotune results!