C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt Tune installed and loving it!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:40 AM
RedVett1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pfadt Tune installed and loving it!

My experience with Pfadt so far is great. I ordered the tune a couple of weeks ago and was finally able to install it on Sunday. The night before I was able to do some runs at WOT on an isolated back road. The morning after I installed the tune (took about 20 min, as advertised), then went back out to the same road and ran a couple more times at WOT. I have to say the seat of the pants feeling improved dramatically! Wasn't really expecting to feel that much of a difference honestly. The throttle response is great now, it kind of wants to get away form you now! Also no more 1-4 shifting (not that I would ever actually do it to begin with, but it's good to know it's gone)

The only thing that I did not like is that the software that is used will not run on all operating systems, so check this out before ordering, so you know whether you will need to borrow a laptop. I ended up having to use a friend's laptop to install the tune, but it wasn't that big of a deal. It would have been nice to have a handheld unit that you could just plug in and install the tune from, but I'm sure that would drive the cost up. So I am still happy with this overall.

I have since ordered the Pfadt headers and am awaiting their arrival. Hope all goes well with install and re-tuning. Will be putting the car on the dyno after the header install and re-tune to see what numbers it makes.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the input! I'll talk to the software team about about creating a Macintosh version today. Enjoy your new Pfadt tuned C7!

Pfadt Race Engineering
888-972-2464
info@pfadtracing.com

Old 11-22-2013, 02:45 PM
yuri_Stingray
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedVett1
My experience with Pfadt so far is great. I ordered the tune a couple of weeks ago and was finally able to install it on Sunday. The night before I was able to do some runs at WOT on an isolated back road. The morning after I installed the tune (took about 20 min, as advertised), then went back out to the same road and ran a couple more times at WOT. I have to say the seat of the pants feeling improved dramatically! Wasn't really expecting to feel that much of a difference honestly. The throttle response is great now, it kind of wants to get away form you now! Also no more 1-4 shifting (not that I would ever actually do it to begin with, but it's good to know it's gone)

The only thing that I did not like is that the software that is used will not run on all operating systems, so check this out before ordering, so you know whether you will need to borrow a laptop. I ended up having to use a friend's laptop to install the tune, but it wasn't that big of a deal. It would have been nice to have a handheld unit that you could just plug in and install the tune from, but I'm sure that would drive the cost up. So I am still happy with this overall.

I have since ordered the Pfadt headers and am awaiting their arrival. Hope all goes well with install and re-tuning. Will be putting the car on the dyno after the header install and re-tune to see what numbers it makes.
Did you go with the catalytic converters? I'm thinking about switching to the converters, but want to hear sound clips first
Old 11-22-2013, 02:55 PM
RedVett1
Advanced

Originally Posted by yuri_Stingray
Did you go with the catalytic converters? I'm thinking about switching to the converters, but want to hear sound clips first
No, actually I went with the catless x-pipe. I want the more aggressive sound without the cats.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:30 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 197 Posts

No, actually I went with the catless x-pipe. I want the more aggressive sound without the cats.
Isn't it against the law to remove you catalytic converters?

When I traded in my Z06 I had to sign a form stating I had not altered the exhaust emissions system....
Old 11-22-2013, 03:42 PM
RedVett1
Advanced

Originally Posted by VNAMVET
Isn't it against the law to remove you catalytic converters?

When I traded in my Z06 I had to sign a form stating I had not altered the exhaust emissions system....
No. They are only needed to pass emissions, and actually most new cars today can pass emissions without them. We don't live in the 60's anymore.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:57 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think in Calif it is against the law to remove or modify them. I wish a few folks from CA, who have installed the PFADT tri-y with cats would PM me. I am very interested in the Tri-Y setup.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:01 PM
torque_k.hunter23
Intermediate

California hates freedom and men with testosterone, there is no way they will let you run without cats. In fact, they don't even want you to run headers.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:01 PM
J Christensen
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Red:

Was the 'tune' only for the engine, or did it also tune or change the transmission/ auto shirting.

I have a COW booster and I want that left alone. I really like it.

The tune is specifically for the Tri-Y headers or just in general?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Nonstop
Instructor

No. They are only needed to pass emissions, and actually most new cars today can pass emissions without them. We don't live in the 60's anymore.
Whether or not a car can pass emissions without them. Cats are a federal mandate and the law is there. I'm not personally worried about it, or care, but it's not just a law it's a federal law, and very specific.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by J Christensen
Red:

The tune is specifically for the Tri-Y headers or just in general?
Each tune file we send is built specifically for your configuration! So right now he would likely be running a stock only tune (which is awesome). When he gets his Tri-y headers installed, he will get another tune file from us that was built specifically to maximize the gains of his tri-y headers.

Not sure about his transmission though, he will have to chime in
Old 11-22-2013, 04:20 PM
torque_k.hunter23
Intermediate

Red:

I have a COW booster and I want that left alone. I really like it.

What in gods name is a COW booster?
Old 11-22-2013, 05:00 PM
RedVett1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Each tune file we send is built specifically for your configuration! So right now he would likely be running a stock only tune (which is awesome). When he gets his Tri-y headers installed, he will get another tune file from us that was built specifically to maximize the gains of his tri-y headers.

Not sure about his transmission though, he will have to chime in
What he said I have a manual transmission, so nothing done there.

Originally Posted by Nonstop
Whether or not a car can pass emissions without them. Cats are a federal mandate and the law is there. I'm not personally worried about it, or care, but it's not just a law it's a federal law, and very specific.
Yea, not too worried about it.

Originally Posted by torque_k.hunter23
Yea, what he said? lol
Old 11-22-2013, 05:42 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 197 Posts

I think in Calif it is against the law to remove or modify them. I wish a few folks from CA, who have installed the PFADT tri-y with cats would PM me. I am very interested in the Tri-Y setup.
Actually Federal law specifically prohibits removal of the catalytic
converters in any vehicle in ANY state. That being said what increase in performance
will one see?
Old 11-22-2013, 08:16 PM
cbboarder
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 51 Posts

Had my C7 Pfadt tuned today at Vengeance Racing. I nice upgrade in the throttle response, 431hp at the wheels. I've already placed the order for the CAI, just waiting for Pfadt to finish their testing.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:23 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 735 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by VNAMVET
Actually Federal law specifically prohibits removal of the catalytic
converters in any vehicle in ANY state. That being said what increase in performance
will one see?
Not only remove them, but move their position further down to accommodate headers. When I had my stock work truck smog tested, they looked under the truck to make sure the cats were there in the proper place.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:20 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by torque_k.hunter23
Got it installed on my C6, great for opening the throttle body open quicker, no delay when hitting the go pedal under partial throttle.

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt Tune installed and loving it!

Old 11-22-2013, 11:46 PM
xp800
Drifting

Received 236 Likes on 151 Posts

Corvettes of Weschester

I had heard of the COW tune on another board too with very favorable comments on throttle response. Here's a discussion on this board by the above poster.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...d-booster.html
Old 11-23-2013, 01:30 AM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

I also live in New Jersey. How do you pass inspection without the converters. Every time I go to inspection they look under the car for my cats!
Old 11-23-2013, 10:20 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thanks! YES, CoW BOOSTER! is amazing.

Originally Posted by xp800
Corvettes of Weschester

I had heard of the COW tune on another board too with very favorable comments on throttle response. Here's a discussion on this board by the above poster.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...d-booster.html
Thanks! YES, CoW BOOSTER! is amazing.

CLICK HERE FOR A NICE CoW BOOSTER! REVIEW.

By the way.... My new C7 TUNES also include a very nice CoW BOOSTER! effect.

Driving MY C7 tune BEFORE and AFTER is really a treat!

Stay TUNED!
Chuck CoW

Quick Reply: Pfadt Tune installed and loving it!