C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launch Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmoy2
Really? Interesting, I'll have to try it. Now, this might be a dumb question but how do I know if I have selected the highlighted selection whether it be sport1, sport2 or race? I don't get any confirmation of my selection? Do I just scroll over my desired selection and that's it or do I have to press another button or something? Thx for your advise.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Zmoy2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the video! I have to say though, that launch looked pretty weak. I'll have to try it at the track to see if there's an improvement on my 60 ft. Which isn't saying much since my current best 60ft time is 2.02, lol. Thanks again
Old 01-20-2014, 09:58 AM
BADA BING
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vegasredz062
yes it does work. Once it engages into LC 4rpms or so you can keep the gas pedal down all the way
so let me get this straight, you can shift on M7 without using the clutch with no damage... did i read this correctly.....if so how/when is this done?

Thx,
Old 01-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Pete43
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BADA BING
so let me get this straight, you can shift on M7 without using the clutch with no damage... did i read this correctly.....if so how/when is this done?

Thx,
If your talking about the "No Lift Shift" ? That's when you can shift the manual trans without letting off the gas. The cars computer will hold the rpm's and not let it hit the rev limiter. You still have to use your clutch when shifting.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:56 PM
BADA BING
Racer

Did I seriously have this on my c6 all these years and didnt know that......

I didnt even think to look into that hahah

Thx for the education

Do you need to be in engaged in the launch control when using the no lift shift? Or does this work in all drive modes?

I have a z51- non mag ride
Old 01-20-2014, 02:01 PM
vegasredz062
Melting Slicks

Received 126 Likes on 64 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Did I seriously have this on my c6 all these years and didnt know that......

I didnt even think to look into that hahah

Thx for the education

Do you need to be in engaged in the launch control when using the no lift shift? Or does this work in all drive modes?

I have a z51- non mag ride
you have to engage it. It does not work from a roll

Ill do a little video on how to activate LC. Seems like people are still confused.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:25 PM
BADA BING
Racer

you have to engage it. It does not work from a roll

Ill do a little video on how to activate LC. Seems like people are still confused.
vegasredz,
I may have highjacked this thread a bit when I mention on activating it I was referring to the no lift shift. I do understand the LC feature. I was wondering if you need to be in the launch control to utilize the no lift shift.

But I always love video so it is dummy proof
Old 01-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Pete43
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

A video on activating launch control would be very interesting! I kinda hate to bounce my engine off the rev limiter with it not under a load. My non mag ride z51 doesn't have the PTM performance management modes so its a little tough to follow instructions on ones that do.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:03 PM
vegasredz062
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

road was slick with gravel.. so bad Launch.. but you get the idea.

The no lift shift can only be done after LC is engaged.. cant be done any other time.

Last edited by vegasredz062; 01-20-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:46 AM
BADA BING
Racer

road was slick with gravel.. so bad Launch.. but you get the idea.

The no lift shift can only be done after LC is engaged.. cant be done any other time.

Corvette stingray 2014 z51 launch control how to - YouTube
Great video, thanks for adding that!!

in testing, do you believe the the launch control gives you better off the line pull then doing it with out.... I have heard mixed reviews that it is slower with LC off the line
Old 01-21-2014, 11:10 AM
vegasredz062
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Great video, thanks for adding that!!

in testing, do you believe the the launch control gives you better off the line pull then doing it with out.... I have heard mixed reviews that it is slower with LC off the line
Launch control is a Joke on these cars. The car is pulling timing FOREVER. The best Launches i have gotten is TC off and 2200 rpms on the street.

Maybe at the track with stick tires LC will work better since the LC is set at 4000+rpms...
Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 AM
BADA BING
Racer

Launch control is a Joke on these cars. The car is pulling timing FOREVER. The best Launches i have gotten is TC off and 2200 rpms on the street.

Maybe at the track with stick tires LC will work better since the LC is set at 4000+rpms...

Yea, I figured this to be the case as I watch the delay off the start..... I would have to agree better times knowing and feeling the car and experience.

also wonder when you get a hp tune or alike it takes this option off and the no lift shift...... any idea?
Old 01-26-2014, 02:45 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray Al
I thought the stock, A6, base c7 were getting best 0-60 times?
Stock A6 Z-51 is fastest in all catagories!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:49 PM
rszane
Heel & Toe

I'm having trouble getting Launch Control to operate. Mine is Z51, Mag Ride, A6. I have read the manual, watched the videos. I hit the button twice, choose Sport2 in the PTM modes, hold the brake firmly down and apply full throttle rapidly. The engine goes briefly to 2,000 rpm, then down to around 1,300 rpm and never really settles. When releasing the brake I don't get a good launch, there is an initial lurch then a hesitation before it starts to accelerate smoothly. Also, when using the 0-60 timer, the timer starts every time I apply full throttle while holding the brake down firmly. It seems like the slight lurch from the engine starts the timer, even without any perceptible wheel movement. Anyone able to shed some light? Am I doing something incorrectly?
Old 03-15-2014, 02:20 PM
rszane
Heel & Toe

Doh! Launch Control works fine when my A6 is in Manual (M) transmission mode. Didn't think that would be necessary, I figured the computer would shift for me to give me the best 0-60 time. Is it supposed to work in (D)? The manual doesn't seem to say. And as for the 0-60 timer, it still starts when holding the brake while applying full throttle, but I quickly reset it while holding the brake and allowing the engine rpm to stabilize.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rszane
I'm having trouble getting Launch Control to operate. Mine is Z51, Mag Ride, A6. I have read the manual, watched the videos. I hit the button twice, choose Sport2 in the PTM modes, hold the brake firmly down and apply full throttle rapidly. The engine goes briefly to 2,000 rpm, then down to around 1,300 rpm and never really settles. When releasing the brake I don't get a good launch, there is an initial lurch then a hesitation before it starts to accelerate smoothly. Also, when using the 0-60 timer, the timer starts every time I apply full throttle while holding the brake down firmly. It seems like the slight lurch from the engine starts the timer, even without any perceptible wheel movement. Anyone able to shed some light? Am I doing something incorrectly?

I have the same problem/ issue with my A6 Z51 mag ride. Let me know if you figure it out
Old 03-15-2014, 07:05 PM
BLKTA
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I thought Launch Control was only on the manual cars?

Get notified of new replies

To Launch Control

Old 03-15-2014, 07:14 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKTA
I thought Launch Control was only on the manual cars?

Nope...........
Old 03-15-2014, 10:54 PM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VNAMVET
Nope...........

Vnamvet,
Do you have the Magnetic Suspension??

I am placing my car in a PTM mode (dry). Brake on hard, wheel straight, gas to the floor. However, the RPMs stabilize around 1300. It seems like a weak launch. Any advice

Thanks
Al
Old 03-16-2014, 01:33 AM
yonson
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On our A6 Z51 non mag, I've only tried it in Track Mode, With the gear selector in D it works correctly every time. The hesitation is the PCM retarding the spark and/or closing the throttle because the tires are spinning. The more power you make the more times it will happen before finally getting to full power...

Quick Reply: Launch Control