C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Corvette Cold Air Induction Testing

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 02:00 PM
0HennesseyPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Default C7 Corvette Cold Air Induction Testing

Did not want to impose on any other threads on this subject. But I did want to give a few comments on this subject. We began testing cold air induction designs last week and have found the following:

1. Air sensor positioning is very critical. The new LT1 air sensor is very sensitive to changes in air flow.

2. Packaging with the hood extractor duct limits placement.

3. The factory design, minus the air baffle (for NVH) works very well and brings cold air from nose.

4. Factory filter is a nice, conical shape with good flow characteristics as compared to a flat panel filter.

5. At this point, we are building a carbon fiber tube to connect from the stock throttle body to the factory mass air sensor and airbox. Then when K&N comes out with a factory filter replacement, we will use that.

Carbon fiber takes a bit longer to fabricate compared to a metal tube. We may offer both, with the carbon piece being more expensive. But I like the fact that the carbon tube will not hold heat like a metal air induction tube will.

More updates when we have pics and performance data. Also, note that there may be little to no gains on the dyno. But I do expect to see some improvement on acceleration numbers from 60-130 mph. Once you get air flowing across the nose of the car then these types of improvements can be seen vs sitting still on the dyno.

John Hennessey
Old 10-09-2013, 02:28 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks john. Nice details. Lets get K&N on the move with there filters.

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette Cold Air Induction Testing