C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edmunds Comparison Test: C7 vs. Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 03:24 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by Guibo
That was in reference to the slalom test. Which is very important...if you spend your time dodging cones spaced at precisely even distances.
Well, as I posted earlier, I do autocross, so that type of low speed stability at the limit is important to me!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:29 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Notch
How about the Saturn V rocket vs the V-2 rocket?
Your attempt at an analogy seems to fail. Yes, most who study WW II and the subsequent history of "Operation Paperclip" know that those two rockets were both designed by Von Braun.

OTOH, I don't think Dr Porsche had anything to do with the Corvette.......
Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Well, as I posted earlier, I do autocross, so that type of low speed stability at the limit is important to me!
So you value low speed stability over winning? The Porsche was faster in the slalom.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep.

Why is it some people here shy away from actual discussions about cars and resort quickly to the "ignore" and "troll" angles when they are asked to explain/defend something they posted??
This sounds like a good hunch:

"'An ad hominem' is an argument that attempts to undermine an argument based on an irrelevant fact about the person making the argument (or of another person who agrees with the argument), for example by attacking their character or motives. 'Ad hominem' reasoning is normally described as an informal fallacy, more precisely an irrelevance.
'Ad hominem' circumstantial constitutes an attack on the bias of a source. This is fallacious because a disposition to make a certain argument does not make the argument false."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
The suspicion, as evidenced by DCTandAWD's failure to reply, is that they have no logical basis for their argument, so must therefore resort to these petty derailments and attacks on personal character.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
Your attempt at an analogy seems to fail....
No it doesn't. It asks you to compare your like for American aircraft over German aircraft, with American rockets (designed by a German) vs German rockets (designed by the same German).

It's much like this GM commercial which misses the irony of what they are really saying; They show the Saturn V throughout the commercial, a rocket designed by a German who is known as "the father of the American space program"...http://www.infoplease.com/biography/...rvonbraun.html), and end up showing a Vette while saying "America still builds rockets". Still? Had it not been for von Braun, there would likely never have been a Saturn V, and who knows how long it would have taken the U.S. to figure rockets out. So, yes, if GM wants to hang their hat on a correlation between the success of the Saturn V (and our subsequent space program), achieved by a German engineer, and the Corvette, then talk to GM about it.

Last edited by Notch; 10-16-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Notch
Safety Car

"'An ad hominem' is an argument that attempts to undermine an argument based on an irrelevant fact about the person making the argument (or of another person who agrees with the argument), for example by attacking their character or motives. 'Ad hominem' reasoning is normally described as an informal fallacy, more precisely an irrelevance.
'Ad hominem' circumstantial constitutes an attack on the bias of a source. This is fallacious because a disposition to make a certain argument does not make the argument false."

Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The suspicion, as evidenced by DCTandAWD's failure to reply, is that they have no logical basis for their argument, so must therefore resort to these petty derailments and attacks on personal character.
Yes, that's it.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Notch
Safety Car

And speaking about aircraft, what do you think the impact on Ameican jobs would be if foreign countries bought $45 billion worth of Airbus commercial aircraft in 2012 instead of the $45 billion in commercial aircraft exported by the U.S.?
Bump...for Tuxnharley.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:31 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Bump...for Tuxnharley.

...........and your point is............. what, exactly?

Perhaps you hadn't noticed, but Airbus just beat out Boeing for orders on the A380 over the B787 - because of their subsidies to the Japanese airlines, no doubt.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:40 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

No it doesn't. It asks you to compare your like for American aircraft over German aircraft, with American rockets (designed by a German) vs German rockets (designed by the same German).

It's much like this GM commercial which misses the irony of what they are really saying; They show the Saturn V throughout the commercial, a rocket designed by a German who is known as "the father of the American space program"...http://www.infoplease.com/biography/...rvonbraun.html), and end up showing a Vette while saying "America still builds rockets". Still? Had it not been for von Braun, there would likely never have been a Saturn V, and who knows how long it would have taken the U.S. to figure rockets out. So, yes, if GM wants to hang their hat on a correlation between the success of the Saturn V (and our subsequent space program), achieved by a German engineer, and the Corvette, then talk to GM about it.
I said it "seems to fail". It still does, to me. You introduced a new topic - Rockets - that I didn't bring up in an effort to twist my logic. I do not accept your change of topic.

If we were to follow your logic we would have to give credit to the Russians for the Corvette since Zora was a Russian immigrant.

And the P47 was designed by Seversky, also a Russian immigrant.

Who cares where they came from - it's where they were able to achieve success that matters. They key word in the quote you chose is "builds". I didn't see the Russians or the Germans going to the moon...............
Old 10-16-2013, 08:42 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DCTandAWD?
Trolls spewing diarrhea also applies to TuxNharley.
I wish these trolls would just go back to the C7 general section and spew their crap over there.
It looks like 427C5 is back again under yet another name for a 3rd try at getting banned....................
Old 10-16-2013, 08:45 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

So you value low speed stability over winning? The Porsche was faster in the slalom.
In the words of Ronald Reagan - "There you go again!" trying to attribute a need for "winning" to me.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

If your post(s) are missing, it's because they were in violation of the following rules:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...conflicts.html

For the most part, the CF community remains a friendly place where ideas,
thoughts, and assistance can be found. Unfortunately, there are times when
members forget that this is an Internet forum and issues between members can get
out of hand. This includes members turning to the forum to air a personal
offline/on-line problem which results in sides being drawn by participating
members.

In these situations, it is the forum's role to expeditiously end any
conflict for the good of the forum and its membership. The forum's goal is not
only to remain family, work, and corporate server safe, it also will not serve
as a battleground where offline/on-line personal matters and drama are permitted
to be played out in front of other members.

Any thread(s) that contain open bickering, name calling, subtle derogatory
messages, "digs," personal attacks, or anything negative in nature will be
closed/edited or deleted, and any participating members who post in violation of
this rule, will jeopardize their posting privileges.

If any member is being harassed on-line in a thread or privately via PM,
they should avoid a confrontation with the offending member and immediately
report the problem to a section Moderator via PM, or by clicking on the "report
post," icon under their user name.

The Moderator will evaluate the issue and take appropriate action to rectify
the situation.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...rd-others.html

The Forum should be a place where we treat one another with civility so that
it remains a fun and friendly place to hang around with other Corvette
enthusiasts. Hostility to others is rude and inappropriate.

Personal attacks cannot be tolerated. Attack ideas, not fellow Forum
members.
Members should familiarize themselves with these rules and proceed
accordingly in the future.

Quick Reply: Edmunds Comparison Test: C7 vs. Cayman S