Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Garage Flooring

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 02:28 PM
OhioC5
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokeyjr
I have a friend that has a coated floor and it is chipping/flaking
At least give this kind of coating a look. It's not epoxy, it's a polyurea with a polyaspartic topcoat. It's tough, blown brake lines, fuel, oil, carb cleaner or just about any garage chemical you can think of will wipe right off. My quick jack blew a line, trans fluid sprayed everywhere. It didn't phase the floor. Dropped parts, jacks, jack stands, slide parts across floor and the floor suffers no damage. Only negative I've been able to find is the floor can be slippery when wet. Weighing out all of the abuse this floor can take is a good trade off. I've had at least 4 or 5 cars on this floor. All of them leaked or puked something, except my Audi.

I have no affiliation with any company. The floor is just that good.

Name:  QOKrCGB.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  3.44 MB

This picture is after all of the cars over the last few months.
Name:  c3FK6CP.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  3.26 MB
Name:  rqONKjx.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  2.15 MB

Don like it, or I call it what it really is . . . neighbor repellent
Name:  qKFkTEV.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  3.74 MB
Old 10-29-2020, 02:45 PM
Smokeyjr
Emerging Vendor

Received 597 Likes on 407 Posts
Default Floor

What did it run you to do it??
Old 10-29-2020, 02:48 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,087 Likes on 657 Posts

I went with Race Deck as it seemed to be cheapest at the time. I think there is a good discount from Garage.com (???) that knocks off a good chunk of the cost. SwissTrax (sp?) was like double the price, but comes highly recommended here.

I did not want to go with coatings as I would have had to empty my garage for a week for them to clean and dry and coat multiple times. I live in the hood and all my junk would have disappeared overnight, along with my cars too. The floor went in a day. I started it to layout the design, and my handyman did all the hard work. I have so much junk in the garage that one company I asked for an estimate walked away as they did not want to deal with all the junk!

I had it installed almost a year and I will tell you that if you try turning the Vette steering wheel from lock to lock while on Race Deck, the vette will indeed rip the seams between a row of tiles apart! So just don't do that! My other cars don't seem to do that to the Race Deck.

Sorry I don't have a good picture, but this gives you an idea. It looks much better in person. I don't have any regrets so far.

Last edited by Flame Red; 10-29-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:07 PM
OhioC5
Drifting

Originally Posted by Smokeyjr
What did it run you to do it??
Price will depend on condition of your floor, cant really use mine as a reference. It's not cheap though. People have asked if they should take their shoes off before they come in my garage.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:13 PM
OhioC5
Drifting

Forgot to add, took 2 guys 1 day to finish the floor. I parked on it 24 hours later. What would the plastic floor run?
Old 10-29-2020, 09:48 PM
Migo1980
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Racedeck

I've done racedeck in the last two houses I was in and was extremely satisfied. At the time of you told them Corvette forum member they offered a discount not sure if they still do but it was a great deal.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:16 AM
Riverdog
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 78 Posts

Another vote here for Motoflooring from Costco. Mine is down for 4 years now and I'm very pleased with it. It's a solid tile so dirt, leaves, etc., sit on top of it. I just use a leaf blower on it to clear off the lighter dirt and stuff, and then once in the Spring and once in the Fall I literally wash the floor with a mop and household floor cleaner, rinse it with clean water and almost-dry mop, and then let it dry. Anything I've ever spilled on it--chemical, paint, etc.--wiped right off so long as I got to it quickly, with no damage. Watch on Costco.com for when they put it on sale. I think it's a really good value. The only negative with Costco is there's not a lot of color choices. I got the gray/black mixed color. Oh, and there is also a "completer" set with beveled pieces for entering the garage if you want a nice finished edge/look to the garage floor entrance.

Quick Reply: WTB: Garage Flooring