Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

WTB: Electric assist steering rack gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 03:39 PM
ramjet68
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Electric assist steering rack gear

I’m looking for a steering gear for the c7 rack. Does anyone have a used one or a parts from One. My main gear is bent from a crash . Will take a flood piece, broken housing , no electrics, whatever . Just looking for a straight main shaft .
Old 01-25-2020, 04:47 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

A forum vendor just posted this. Flood car. Dunno if they're willing to separate the rack, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

https://aescorvetteparts.com/product...ol-arms-aa6542

It looks like GM doesn't offer the internal parts of the rack, so you might be stuck buying the whole thing.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:03 PM
35nsra
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rack rebuild

I would be leary of putting money in a rack with a bent shaft. The electronics are very suseptable to damage from sudden impacts. I bought a wrecked. GS with no damage to the rack but it was bad just from the impact.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:07 PM
ramjet68
Instructor

Originally Posted by 35nsra
I would be leary of putting money in a rack with a bent shaft. The electronics are very suseptable to damage from sudden impacts. I bought a wrecked. GS with no damage to the rack but it was bad just from the impact.
everything else checked out no codes , just not smooth steering , thanks for your input
Old 01-26-2020, 04:09 PM
ramjet68
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeff V.
A forum vendor just posted this. Flood car. Dunno if they're willing to separate the rack, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

https://aescorvetteparts.com/product...ol-arms-aa6542

It looks like GM doesn't offer the internal parts of the rack, so you might be stuck buying the whole thing.
I realize u can’t buy the part from gm . Many get replaced for reasons other than the shaft just seeing if one is out there before spending $1300 on a new one
Old 01-26-2020, 05:29 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

They are difficult to find used unless you can get one from one of the savage yards on ebay. When buying a new one there is a core charge of $150.
How can it bent and not damage the housing?

Last edited by Dale002; 01-26-2020 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:56 PM
ramjet68
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dale002
They are difficult to find used unless you can get one from one of the savage yards on ebay. When buying a new one there is a core charge of $150.
How can it bent and not damage the housing?
please

yes I know they are difficult to find ; that’s why I have a wtb post. Don’t concern yourself with the condition of my housing or electrics or anything else. If you don’t have the part there’s no need to respond

Get notified of new replies

To Electric assist steering rack gear

Quick Reply: WTB: Electric assist steering rack gear