Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

WTB: Mamo Ported TB and 160 thermo for Lt4 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 07:02 PM
outbackfarmer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Mamo Ported TB and 160 thermo for Lt4 Z06

I am planning on buying a Mamo Ported throttle body and 160 degree thermostat. Just thought I would see if anything used available

Last edited by outbackfarmer; 10-20-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:30 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

If you must go to a 160 deg. t-stat don't attempt to get the type that fits the stock t-stat housing as everyone I have tried has ultimately failed. I even purchased the Mishimoto 160 deg. one that looks exactly like the stock t-stat and has the rubber seal supposedly installed in the same manner. It lasted about 4 mo. Every one, from Lingenfelter, Summit, and the Mishimoto all had the rubber seals get damaged and affect their purpose. There are aftermarket housings that use more reliable t-stats, or if you want to stay with the stock housing, you can do what I finally did, which is to replace the stock t-stat temp ball with a 160 deg or other non-stock temp ball and insert it into the stock t-stat rim & seal. In my instance I had to crimp it in slightly but it has worked perfectly now for months.

What I also find strange, is that I felt I needed to do this in my 15' Z51 due to stock engine temps of 200 deg or slightly higher in normal driving. My 16' that I just purchased for some reason runs at least 15 deg cooler. FYI, without a custom tune to eliminate the limp mode when temp doesn't rise quick enough, one really needs a 170 or 180 deg t-stat. When car goes into limp mode, A/C will not run until you clear codes.

Quick Reply: WTB: Mamo Ported TB and 160 thermo for Lt4 Z06