Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

WTT: WTT: My glass roof for your NRB roof

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Torque Obsessed
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts

Default WTT: My glass roof for your NRB roof

I sold my C5Z and picked up a '14 NRB for a daily driver. It only came with the transparent top. I am not enjoying getting baked by the sun while I drive around, and it's only April.

I'd like to trade my transparent roof for your solid NRB (or possibly black) roof. Mine has stripes which you may want to remove. Yours probably doesn't, so I'll have to add some.

I'm in Atlanta and hoping this can be a local trade.

Last edited by Torque Obsessed; 04-09-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:10 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

If you can wait a bit I am close to finishing custom headliners for transparent tops.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Mark923
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Cheap Easy Fix

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed
I sold my C5Z and picked up a '14 NRB for a daily driver. It only came with the transparent top. I am not enjoying getting baked by the sun while I drive around, and it's only April.

I'd like to trade my transparent roof for your solid NRB (or possibly black) roof. Mine has stripes which you may want to remove. Yours probably doesn't, so I'll have to add some.

I'm in Atlanta and hoping this can be a local trade.

Had the sane baking feeling with the transparent roof a while back. So, I picked up a pack of Baby Shades (Car Window Shade - (3 Pack ) - 21"x14" Cling Sunshade For Car Windows ) for less than $15. Put one on my driver side, and let the passenger side stay clear since the wife likes the open sky view. Worked great...my head was cool and she got the open view... all for less than $15.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:22 PM
Torque Obsessed
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark923
Had the sane baking feeling with the transparent roof a while back. So, I picked up a pack of Baby Shades (Car Window Shade - (3 Pack ) - 21"x14" Cling Sunshade For Car Windows ) for less than $15. Put one on my driver side, and let the passenger side stay clear since the wife likes the open sky view. Worked great...my head was cool and she got the open view... all for less than $15.
Thanks - that's a tempting idea and probably works great... I'm just a bit worried that I'll forget it's up there and have it fall down in front of me when I'm braking on the way into a corner. What holds it up?
Old 04-15-2017, 10:39 AM
Philster06
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They sell perforated film for the roof cut to fit. I got one at mid america. $39.99
http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette...olors-642255-1
Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To WTT: My glass roof for your NRB roof

Quick Reply: WTT: WTT: My glass roof for your NRB roof