Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Stingray Front End Cover / Bra - New & Never Installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Rgeezer
If people are interested, new ones are on sale for $98:

http://www.shopchevyparts.com/exteri...-92278431.html
Great deal....Thanks!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:46 AM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Modshack,
If you order this item from Shopchevyparts.com please post your impression of the transaction. I'd be interested to know if the item is in stock and what they charge for shipping.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Modshack
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Shortimer
Modshack,
If you order this item from Shopchevyparts.com please post your impression of the transaction. I'd be interested to know if the item is in stock and what they charge for shipping.
So far very professional and instant email acknowledgement. Like most on-line parts houses, they are likely affiliated with a dealer. Few dealers stock parts anymore, and the supply chain has gotten so good they can have them in 1-2 days. I fully expect this is the case. Shipping UPS ground a reasonable $12.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Modshack
Safety Car

Update: Order shipped today, one day from order. Must have been in stock.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Rgeezer
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Modshack
Update: Order shipped today, one day from order. Must have been in stock.
Hey Modshack, did you get it yet? What do you think?
Old 04-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Modshack
Safety Car

Hey Modshack, did you get it yet? What do you think?
Yup..Got it! Pretty nice, Fits very well. Light and compact when rolled up. There are tabs that slip in between the body and light to stabilize it...These were a little tight, but a gentle pry with a plastic trim tool got em seated just fine. Probably about 5 minutes to put on once you install the 2 included snaps under the hood. 2 minutes to remove. I'll only use this for long trips (in the dry) so it won't be on much.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Rgeezer
Racer

Yup..Got it!
Great, thanks for the review and the pic! I asked for one for my upcoming birthday, and am happy to hear that goes on and off pretty quickly (although I don't have any trim tools, so the sound of that prying makes me nervous!). I'm thinking about a long cross-country trip over the summer and would feel more comfortable with a little protection for the nose.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:55 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Great, thanks for the review and the pic! I asked for one for my upcoming birthday, and am happy to hear that goes on and off pretty quickly (although I don't have any trim tools, so the sound of that prying makes me nervous!). I'm thinking about a long cross-country trip over the summer and would feel more comfortable with a little protection for the nose.
With long trips on the horizon I would definitely do it. Inserting the tabs around the headlight is no big deal once you do it the first time. You can pick up plastic trim tools at Harbor freight or other places. They are handy for other operations too..

Speed lingerie offers a bra that doesn't utilize these tabs and is color matched, but you'll pay $6X for that luxury...
For occasional use the Chebby Bra is just fine..

Last edited by Modshack; 04-24-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Rgeezer
Racer

With long trips on the horizon I would definitely do it. Inserting the tabs around the headlight is no big deal once you do it the first time. You can pick up plastic trim tools at Harbor freight or other places. They are handy for other operations too..

Speed lingerie offers a bra that doesn't utilize these tabs and is color matched, but you'll pay $6X for that luxury...
For occasional use the Chebby Bra is just fine..
Well, I got mine and started to install it, but I stopped as I was getting the sinking feeling that I would cause more damage to the front end by installing the bra than I would by driving it around with it off! The snaps went on fine, but I really wasn't having any luck getting the tabs to go in around the headlights, and the metal hooks for the grill were making me nervous sitting on my front end while I was doing all this. So I just took the snaps off and set the whole thing aside. I'm undecided about whether to sell it, or perhaps try it again later as I get closer to a longer trip, but I was hoping for something that would be quite a bit simpler in the "on and off" department.

Had no problems with the vendor though, quick shipping and service.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Modshack
Safety Car

Well, I got mine and started to install it, but I stopped as I was getting the sinking feeling that I would cause more damage to the front end by installing the bra than I would by driving it around with it off! The snaps went on fine, but I really wasn't having any luck getting the tabs to go in around the headlights, and the metal hooks for the grill were making me nervous sitting on my front end while I was doing all this. So I just took the snaps off and set the whole thing aside. I'm undecided about whether to sell it, or perhaps try it again later as I get closer to a longer trip, but I was hoping for something that would be quite a bit simpler in the "on and off" department.

Had no problems with the vendor though, quick shipping and service.

You need to use a trim tool as mentioned. Once you do it once it's a piece of cake and goes on and off in minutes...

Old 05-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Rgeezer
Racer

You need to use a trim tool as mentioned. Once you do it once it's a piece of cake and goes on and off in minutes...
Yeah, I picked up a 4-piece trim tool set from HF but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of give in the body panels, and the "top" tab of the bra seems to be really wide--the other tabs seem to go in okay. I guess I should give it another shot, but the amount of prying I was starting to do was making me really nervous.

Also, could you please take a pic of your installation with your hood up? Under the hood, the spot outside of the snaps where I tried to mount the j-hooks didn't seem to fit particularly well, so maybe I was doing it in the wrong place.

My final problem is that I live in a dreaded front license plate state, and I've discovered that I'll have to take the plate off and on each time I either take the bra off, or put it on. Although that's not difficult, it adds more time and hassle to the process, so it looks like if I can get it to work, it would see a "long trip only" type of usage.

Thanks for the input and pics.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Also, could you please take a pic of your installation with your hood up? Under the hood, the spot outside of the snaps where I tried to mount the j-hooks didn't seem to fit particularly well, so maybe I was doing it in the wrong place.

I don't have a pic handy but it clips to the Metal tab just to the outside of the hood pistons. It does bunch a little there. Don't be shy with the trim tool...The Bodywork is very flexible. Top tab goes just in front of the seam..

Quick Reply: C7 Stingray Front End Cover / Bra - New & Never Installed