Sponsored by:

2015 stereo replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 03:06 PM
MoeDDS
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 stereo replacement

Has anyone replaced the stereo/infotainment system in their car? If yes, what replacement did you go with and were you able to get Apple car play with the new unit. Thank you.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:44 PM
miami08VETTE
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 587 Likes on 337 Posts

There is only one replacement system and replaces the complete OE system. It's posted on the forums but have not seen any update from the vendor in a while.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:46 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,098 Likes on 665 Posts

Not sure which of these you mean.

If you mean replaced with an aftermarket stereo - then you are going to loose the ability to change the car settings. There are a couple of units that replace the unit with an android based system but they all loose your ability to change any of the car's settings through the display.

If you mean add Carplay/AA to your existing stereo, yes that can be upgraded. You then retain the ability to change all the same car settings as currently. Talk to Mr. Anthony Brush of MVI.com and he will set you up. You can then use a wireless dongle for either AA/Carplay also.

Third choice is to use something like NavTool that can provide you other features like front camera support and you can "add" AA/CarPlay but it is not as integrated as the previous two options. But it is easier to install and less expensive.

I went with #2 and #3.

Last edited by Flame Red; 04-30-2024 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2024, 04:13 PM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,109 Likes on 807 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I just purchased new modules to upgrade my 2014 from White Automotive & Media Services, WAMS. Installation set for the weekend.
Old 04-30-2024, 04:41 PM
UpNorthC7
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff T.
I just purchased new modules to upgrade my 2014 from White Automotive & Media Services, WAMS. Installation set for the weekend.
Jeff, I'd be interested in how that works out for you. Are you doing the install yourself?
Old 04-30-2024, 05:36 PM
JIM EVANS
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

i used the infotaintment system upgrade.. you replace the two boxes on on the left and right side of the vehicle.. I did not lose any functions.. now has androild car play made gps voice activated.. very happy with the product lt side module is easy to replace the one on the right is a little more work to get to and install about and hour and half .. to install..
Old 04-30-2024, 07:32 PM
0DashLynx
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeDDS
Has anyone replaced the stereo/infotainment system in their car? If yes, what replacement did you go with and were you able to get Apple car play with the new unit. Thank you.
What are you trying to gain by replacing the factory radio
The following users liked this post:
Woodson (05-02-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 07:38 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,600 Likes on 14,143 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Will follow this to see what products are used and eventual end results are attained.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:22 PM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 828 Likes on 461 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

I've used MVI in my last 2015 C7 with no issues. It's a factory upgrade where you retain all functions but your HMI and another module will be replaced with a newer version to get AA/ ACP. You also replace the USB port in the center console.
Worked like a charm. Not too difficult to install.

It is also plug and play. No dealer programming needed. They ship the parts to you already programmed to your VIN.

Pricey but OEM.
The following users liked this post:
miami08VETTE (05-01-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 10:10 PM
vetterich
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I upgraded my 2014 about a month ago and couldn't be happier with the results. Install took me about an hour and half. Got mine from White. https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/pr...-retrofit-kit/. Since the GM nav is not being updated anymore I didn't get the nav version. It was about $650. The install is fairly simple but I've been working on vettes since I was 16 so it's been a few years. This you tube install video was very helpful.

The only thing I would add to his install is that when you are installing the new unit under the passenger floor board make sure you have that little hook tool that you use for the USB hub, to snap the new unit into place. You just can't get your hands in there.

I have a wireless adaptor plugged into the USB behind the screen and the whole new system works great. If you have Sirius radio you will have to call them to get the new radio online.

Old 04-30-2024, 11:20 PM
0DashLynx
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vetterich
I upgraded my 2014 about a month ago and couldn't be happier with the results. Install took me about an hour and half. Got mine from White. https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/pr...-retrofit-kit/. Since the GM nav is not being updated anymore I didn't get the nav version. It was about $650. The install is fairly simple but I've been working on vettes since I was 16 so it's been a few years. This you tube install video was very helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCM-87c23HE

The only thing I would add to his install is that when you are installing the new unit under the passenger floor board make sure you have that little hook tool that you use for the USB hub, to snap the new unit into place. You just can't get your hands in there.

I have a wireless adaptor plugged into the USB behind the screen and the whole new system works great. If you have Sirius radio you will have to call them to get the new radio online.
Originally Posted by corvettezman
I've used MVI in my last 2015 C7 with no issues. It's a factory upgrade where you retain all functions but your HMI and another module will be replaced with a newer version to get AA/ ACP. You also replace the USB port in the center console.
Worked like a charm. Not too difficult to install.

It is also plug and play. No dealer programming needed. They ship the parts to you already programmed to your VIN.

Pricey but OEM.
It's certainly a pricey upgrade and also it's worth considering where those modules originated from. They could have come from cars in junkyards or even flooded vehicles, which raises concerns about reliability. If the unit fails within six months, it could affect vital features since many functions pass through these modules.

Additionally, if you opt for a plug-in wireless adapter, you won't be utilizing the built-in CarPlay within your radio anymore. Instead, you'll revert to the Chinese wireless CarPlay module, undoing the entire upgrade.

Last edited by DashLynx; 05-01-2024 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:20 AM
Jaykoh-Z51
Drifting

Received 403 Likes on 268 Posts

https://infotainment.com/?gad_source...xoClUMQAvD_BwE

I did the upgrade from these guys about 4 years ago. LOVE it. Seemless operation and looks...well, IS pretty much an OEM upgrade. CarPlay works perfectly. The ONLY thing you lose is steering whee phonel control. I never used that any way.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:40 AM
0DashLynx
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jaykoh-Z51

I did the upgrade from these guys about 4 years ago. LOVE it. Seemless operation and looks...well, IS pretty much an OEM upgrade. CarPlay works perfectly. The ONLY thing you lose is steering whee phonel control. I never used that any way.
Or add our product and don't lose anything for fraction of the cost
Old 05-01-2024, 01:59 AM
Olden Slowe
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 41 Posts

I didn’t replace the factory radio, but I did install a NavTool 6 module in my 2015 zo back in Feb which maintained all factory features and functions but also gave me front camera, wireless CarPlay, and phone screen mirroring via usb/hdmi adapter cable. It also permits left and right lane camera but I have not yet connected those.
Old 05-01-2024, 05:46 AM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Jaykoh-Z51

I lost no features or operations with mine at all. Seemless !!
I would go back to the vendor and ask why.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:28 AM
MoeDDS
5th Gear

Really what I would like to do is find a way to upgrade system to Apple Car Play. After thinking about, I realize replacing the physical system would be very difficult because of how the screen goes up and down.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:29 AM
MoeDDS
5th Gear

Thank you all for your responses and help. Greatly appreciated!

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 stereo replacement

Old 05-01-2024, 10:02 AM
Olden Slowe
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 41 Posts

Adding wireless Apple CarPlay and a front view camera were the 2 main purposes I had when installing the NavTool 6 module. The phone screen mirroring and ability to add side cameras were just nice “extra” features to have that I wasn’t specifically seeking.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:41 AM
SounderMN
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DashLynx
Or add our product and don't lose anything for fraction of the cost
Link?
Old 05-01-2024, 01:48 PM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!