Replacing my OEM Grand Sport wheels with a set of GS01's from Wheel Designers

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2024, 09:02 AM
Snake.Oiler
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'14,'15,'16,'18,'19-'20,'22,'24

The bottle does not say it will be dry to the touch in 10 minutes. It simply states to allow it to dry for 10 minutes before driving. What that usually means is it needs 10 minutes to set up, in order for it not to be thrown all over the car when you drive.

Personally, I would give that another wipe down to remove any excess and then go about your business. It will probably never be dry to the touch. I use Zaino Perfect Tire Gloss and it is the same way. I always wipe down any excess after applying. Always looks great, even looks dry and gives a wonderful sheen to the tires - but don't touch it, it will get all over you, even months after applying.

Last edited by Snake.Oiler; 02-25-2024 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-26-2024, 10:28 AM
CADbrian
Melting Slicks

Received 360 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Snake.Oiler
The bottle does not say it will be dry to the touch in 10 minutes. It simply states to allow it to dry for 10 minutes before driving. What that usually means is it needs 10 minutes to set up, in order for it not to be thrown all over the car when you drive.

Personally, I would give that another wipe down to remove any excess and then go about your business. It will probably never be dry to the touch. I use Zaino Perfect Tire Gloss and it is the same way. I always wipe down any excess after applying. Always looks great, even looks dry and gives a wonderful sheen to the tires - but don't touch it, it will get all over you, even months after applying.
If a dressing/coating doesn't completely dry it will continually collect dust, dirt, and debris and will look worse than a completely naked tire. No disrespect intended, but in 2024 with sooo many dry coating choices that last 6-12 months or more, why on earth would anyone want to use a product that collects dirt, turns brown not long after application, slings off onto the car if not removed, and would get all over you if you accidentally rubbed up against it???

This past weekend, I stripped the sidewall of the tire down to dry bare rubber again and tried it again. Just wanted to confirm my findings or prove to myself that I skipped a prep step. I really did want to discover that I skipped a prep step. Nope. Same results. Total crap product. I stand by my findings and opinion about their product. I have used a lot of GG's products in the past with success; just not this one.
The following users liked this post:
C5FORFUN2 (02-26-2024)

Quick Reply: Replacing my OEM Grand Sport wheels with a set of GS01's from Wheel Designers