C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my car possessed? Beeps on its own when parked!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 06:25 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,736 Likes on 3,013 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Is your car named Christine?
Old 07-25-2023, 08:16 AM
Jeff396
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ll give that a try.

I think I need to get the battery checked. I have no idea how old it is or if it’s the original. I have said that I hear the noise when the charger is attached and when it isn’t. I suppose it may be making the noise while the chargers orange light is flickering meaning it’s working on getting the battery back to full charge. The car has always started fine but today it seems that batteries work great until don’t……and then you’re stuck. I miss the days of the sluggish start letting you know there’s an issue. This seem like the the first thing I should cross off the list.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2023, 08:18 AM
Jeff396
Heel & Toe

Seems unlikely as I have both of the key fobs but you never know. I will give starting it without the fob a try.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2023, 08:19 AM
Jeff396
Heel & Toe

Pfffft!😂. That would be my luck.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2023, 08:32 AM
DGA3
Melting Slicks

Received 642 Likes on 427 Posts

I can't wait to have this mystery solved!

Best of luck.
Old 07-25-2023, 11:29 AM
jaki30
Safety Car

Received 530 Likes on 307 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

The date on theDelco battery is stamped into the case and hidden by a battery cable laid on top of it.
Old 07-25-2023, 01:35 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Usually it only beeps if you leave the remote in the car and shut the door so I would take the cables off the battery then wait for about 5 minutes and put them back on
Old 07-25-2023, 04:13 PM
traronf
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 93 Posts

Do you happen to have a curb alert installed? Mine does and whenever I walk in front of it or if parked too close to an object it will emit a low beep when the car is off.

Last edited by traronf; 07-25-2023 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-25-2023, 06:42 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,067 Likes on 984 Posts

Here is something no one has mentioned. Has your C7 been parked near any Italian cars, or spent time with them without a good mask? We own an Italian car, and have had a few others - ALL of them beep at absolutely everything.

Sorry to poke a little fun at the issue, I'm sure it's bugging you. Since it's a '15, if it has the original battery I would replace it as a matter of course. I know lots of people get more years out of a battery, but you're on borrowed time anyway in my experience. Have you put a volt meter on it? Could be that the battery is not it's normal +/- 13.6v and that could cause some funny stuff to happen.

Best, Paul
Old 07-26-2023, 07:39 PM
Leroyt10
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff396
I’ll give that a try.

I think I need to get the battery checked. I have no idea how old it is or if it’s the original. I have said that I hear the noise when the charger is attached and when it isn’t. I suppose it may be making the noise while the chargers orange light is flickering meaning it’s working on getting the battery back to full charge. The car has always started fine but today it seems that batteries work great until don’t……and then you’re stuck. I miss the days of the sluggish start letting you know there’s an issue. This seem like the the first thing I should cross off the list.

Jeff
The Orange light on the Corvette Battery Maintainer should NOT be Flickering. While charging it should be on solid and when topped off the green light should be on. This may indicate a faulty connection in the Corvette Charger or a short within the battery. I believe this is a low voltage concern due to a failing battery. Good luck!!!
Old 07-27-2023, 01:38 PM
Jeff396
Heel & Toe

I looked into a couple of the possibilities brought up here.

I tried to start the car without getting my keys. The car realized that there was no key and wouldn’t do anything.

No idea if the car has a curb alert. I sort of doubt it. Shortly after getting the car I went to back out of a parking place not realizing that I had accidentally put the car in 6th. It didn’t register that the backup camera didn’t come on. Might be because this is the first car I’ve owned with a backup camera. Anyways, I got no confirmation that I was a moron as I scraped the curb so I doubt it has a curb alert.😂

I checked for codes and two codes did come up even though there was no light on the dash. One I thought was funny… “Human - machine interface module code B127E” which also said something about a screen or a plug for a screen. No idea what this is and I certainly haven’t noticed any problem with any of the screens in the car. The second code was P26C5 which came up because I have removed that fuse controlling the exhaust cutout. I found it annoying as to when it decided to open and close so that’s gone.

I ended up buying a battery tester and the battery tested out fine. I then decided to remove the battery since I couldn’t locate the date code. Turns out it is the original 2015 AC Delco battery. Here I have to apologize to my ‘65 in my signature as I thought that battery was ridiculous to get out. The battery in my ‘65 decided to die at a car show shortly after I got the car. Had to use the jack to lift the car and beat on the knock off hub which I had never done before to get the tire off. It’s quite stressful beating on your stupidly expensive newly acquired car with a hammer even if it is lead. Somehow I managed to not hit the fender. Then I had to remove part of the inner fender to get the battery out. I think that was a breeze compared to this one. Just getting the carpet out of the way while not tearing it is a challenge. Then you have to pretty much disconnect everything to get enough room to grab the battery which is double tough without some sort of handle. Geeez!😬. I will probably replace the battery soon but I’m having a hard time identifying that as the problem. The car has always started like a champ whether on or not on the trickle charger. I’d kinda like to go AGM but a video from C&S Corvette said they don’t do well in the heat and I’m in South Carolina.

Regarding the comment about my trickle chargers yellow light flickering. After I read that comment I went out and checked the charger and it was on solid green. I though that was great. The next day when I went to move the car to my workshop garage the yellow light was flickering again. What I did was push the plug harder into that power port in the hatch area and the yellow light went solid. So now I’m wondering if there’s a problem with that port of the plug itself. I’m having a hard time with that causing my noise but who knows. Maybe the inconsistent power is messing up some computer in the car though I pretty sure I’ve heard the noise when the car wasn’t on the charger. I’m going to keep a closer eye on that though.

As far as Italian cars goes………no. Matter of fact, my last car was a Porsche which I loved but the potential mechanical problems along with the related costs scared me. I figured this time I go with something simple with a push rod V8 that a monkey (me) can understand. I hadn’t counted on the AFM issue though. I guess all cars have their Achilles heels.🤔

I guess that’s it for now. The car is now due for its first oil change since I got it. It’s only got around 16k miles on the odometer. I’m still a little puzzled on how to get the car in the air so that should be interesting. What could go wrong?🤔😂

Jeff

The following users liked this post:
Leroyt10 (07-27-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 12:42 PM
Jeff396
Heel & Toe

So I went down this morning to check on the charger. Sure enough the yellow light is flickering to beat the band. Opened the hatch and as soon as my finger lightly touched the plug the charger goes to a solid yellow light. Seems like it’s slightly losing contact between the plug and the socket. Is it normal for the charger to go back and forth between solid yellow and solid green as it maintains the charge?

Jeff

Quick Reply: Is my car possessed? Beeps on its own when parked!