Sponsored by:

Recommendation Needed for a Tuning/Install Shop in Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2023, 08:25 AM
BMF82
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Recommendation Needed for a Tuning/Install Shop in Michigan

Looking for a good shop to have headers installed and the vechical tuned in the Ann Arbor or Detroit area.

Thank you for the help!
Old 03-11-2023, 11:35 AM
TRJ2016
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Katech---in Clinton TWP.
The following users liked this post:
BMF82 (03-11-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 02:00 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,538 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Good reputation:
Lingenfelter
Katech
Livernois

My car going in for AFM delete and tune after my powertrain expires: Lingenfelter
Old 03-13-2023, 05:50 PM
BMF82
Racer

Originally Posted by LT4CMG
Good reputation:
Lingenfelter
Katech
Livernois

My car going in for AFM delete and tune after my powertrain expires: Lingenfelter
I reached out to all 3 and heard back from Katech. Going to be $2300 for install and a tune, and I still need to buy headers. Seems a bit steep for 30 to 60hp. Thoughts?
Old 03-13-2023, 08:05 PM
B-17/B-25 CC
Burning Brakes

Received 524 Likes on 253 Posts

Might wanna post your question here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/great-lakes-43/

It's the Regional section that includes Michigan.
Old 03-13-2023, 08:08 PM
LT4CMG
Le Mans Master

Received 3,538 Likes on 1,910 Posts

If you have a buddy with a hoist, and are handy around the garage, you can always buy and install yourself then trailer it down to get it dyno tuned. I did this on one of my previous cars. Otherwise, you’re almost stuck paying the price. I have a friend with a ZL1 going to Katech for some work, and another with a Hennessy Camaro going to Katech for additional power adds. I’m pretty in touch with my local car community, and have yet to hear anyone have a complaint about Katech (or Lingenfelter for that matter). I’d say pay them and get it done unless you’re up to the install task yourself Sir.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:20 AM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by BMF82
I reached out to all 3 and heard back from Katech. Going to be $2300 for install and a tune, and I still need to buy headers. Seems a bit steep for 30 to 60hp. Thoughts?
Good Morning and Happy Friday!

I am not sure who you spoke to (if it was myself, Mike, or Dan), but to clarify, we don't just "install" these components, it will be installed, removed, and reinstalled multiple times to ensure perfect fitment. We clearance, modify, and manipulate the exhaust to have adequate clearance to every part of the vehicle. We also fully tig weld all the slip joints on the mid pipe so the only connections are the "header to x pipe" and "x pipe to over-axle pipe" ones.

Typically with "bolt them in" exhaust jobs that are done in 1/3 of the time, they develop small leaks very quickly or melt pieces of the car that are close to the stainless steel tubing. The way we do things, you will never have an issue with burnt harness wiring or melted fiberglass.
The following users liked this post:
Shokwav (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 09:31 AM
BMF82
Racer

Originally Posted by Katech_Zach

I am not sure who you spoke to (if it was myself, Mike, or Dan), but to clarify, we don't just "install" these components, it will be installed, removed, and reinstalled multiple times to ensure perfect fitment. We clearance, modify, and manipulate the exhaust to have adequate clearance to every part of the vehicle. We also fully tig weld all the slip joints on the mid pipe so the only connections are the "header to x pipe" and "x pipe to over-axle pipe" ones.

Typically with "bolt them in" exhaust jobs that are done in 1/3 of the time, they develop small leaks very quickly or melt pieces of the car that are close to the stainless steel tubing. The way we do things, you will never have an issue with burnt harness wiring or melted fiberglass.
thanks for the response, you guys gave a fair quote based on the other quotes I got and I will be moving forward with the install at some point this spring. Car is in the garage until the roads are clear of salt and snow. I’ll setup the install date soon.

thanks
Old 03-17-2023, 02:29 PM
Shokwav
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech_Zach

ugh. i wish you guys would open a shop on the west coast.....preferably somewhere north of seattle
finding someone that does installs with this level of attention to detail is so difficult

Get notified of new replies

To Recommendation Needed for a Tuning/Install Shop in Michigan

Quick Reply: Recommendation Needed for a Tuning/Install Shop in Michigan