Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Long!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 05:45 PM
CraigStu
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 301 Posts

Are there any specifics on the fuel leak? I know there are 2 tanks and 2 pumps etc, etc, but dang how hard is it to keep gas inside the tanks, lines etc? I put this link here mostly in jest but....
J-B Weld TankWeld High Strength Automotive Epoxy Putty 1 oz - Ace Hardware
Old 11-18-2022, 04:18 PM
jwmgr8
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 291 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by midlifetoy1
Dealer has had my car 2016 Z51 Vert for about a month now. Turns out that it is the problem associated with TSB 17469. Now they are telling me that a part (tank) is
on national backorder. Is anyone else going through this. I've already missed the best time of the year to ride topless, and really tired of the sedan loaner.
Parts for many cars are hard to get. Same issue on a headliner for my 2020 mustang.
I do understand your neigbors are pretty happy you were not able to go topless this year
Old 11-20-2022, 01:35 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,958 Likes on 5,346 Posts

Originally Posted by ManiacCop5
GM is too worried about cranking out their new supercar than to support the people who've already given up their money.
it's already happening to the C8 owners and will be worse for them when the C9 comes out.
Procurement of parts for vehicle assembly is separate from procurement of parts for vehicle service and handled by the SPO Division of GM. The assembly plant worries about its problems and SPO worries about its problems.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
formie95 (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 12:40 AM
ManiacCop5
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Procurement of parts for vehicle assembly is separate from procurement of parts for vehicle service and handled by the SPO Division of GM. The assembly plant worries about its problems and SPO worries about its problems.

Bill
I figured as much Bill. I'm just speaking out of anger and frustration at GM for having had this happen for the second time in less than 3 years and 5500 miles of ownership.

My wife and i just returned from a vacation in the Arkansas mountains, our only vacation this year. We had to take our 2014 Honda instead of our 2019 Corvette. It took GM 5 1/2 weeks to deliver the parts the first time this happened 2 years ago. This time they're saying it will be several months. Its hard not to be frustrated.

Last edited by ManiacCop5; 11-21-2022 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:11 PM
ManiacCop5
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn

Bill
You know Bill, i've been thinking and im going to have to retract my retraction. I've always respected your very informative posts but my original comment was aimed at GM as a whole and not the BG assembly plant. As the parent organization to all of their divisions, i feel it is very much GM's fault (along with the covid shortages) that they are not better stocked with replacement parts, especially for a car that was made for 6 years and just ended its run in 2019. They continue to push a most aggressive advertising campaign first with the Stingray, then the new Z06, and now leaking tidbits about the GS/Eray, ZR1, and Zora. I wonder how many cars they would sell if they advertised " If you buy our cars, we cant fix them".

Ive been a Vette fan for years, first with a 67, then a 99, and now my 19. I love my car. I just would like to be able to drive it. So i guess we can agree to disagree.
Old 12-12-2022, 04:54 PM
midlifetoy1
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

3 Months & counting!!!
Old 12-12-2022, 11:52 PM
ManiacCop5
Instructor

My dealer called last week and my parts have come in. Im just waiting for then to have an opening in their schedule now.
Maybe this is a sign that parts production is ramping up and you'll hear something soon on your needed parts.

Quick Reply: How Long!?