Sponsored by:

Quick Story - kids...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2022, 08:26 AM
16 AGN
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Kids

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I drove my 2019 to my grandson’s soccer game. After the game he said he wanted ride home in the Vette. My daughter said you know it’s a two seater, he said of course I do. I guess he thought Grammy could hitch hike home. All three of my grandson’s are becoming car guys, already arguing over who gets the Vette.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:45 PM
fritz1990
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 46 Posts

Just got my C7 yesterday and met my son and DIL at a restaurant. He did not know I was getting it. We got there early and when they arrived I hollered for him to come look at this Vette. He had owned a 2003 a few years ago. I said you could get me one of these for Xmas! Said my stocking wasn’t big enough. So I asked him to come over and take a closer look at it as it had ground effects etc. When they got close I clicked the lock button. He spun around and looked about like he was on Candid camera and said No Way! He said this at least 5 times. I had to pop the trunk and show him our luggage before he believed it. It was priceless,

Regards, Jeff
Old 11-02-2022, 04:58 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by fritz1990
Just got my C7 yesterday and met my son and DIL at a restaurant. He did not know I was getting it. We got there early and when they arrived I hollered for him to come look at this Vette. He had owned a 2003 a few years ago. I said you could get me one of these for Xmas! Said my stocking wasn’t big enough. So I asked him to come over and take a closer look at it as it had ground effects etc. When they got close I clicked the lock button. He spun around and looked about like he was on Candid camera and said No Way! He said this at least 5 times. I had to pop the trunk and show him our luggage before he believed it. It was priceless,

Regards, Jeff
I think it's great how we can still get that excited about something even as adults. Too many people feel they have to "grow up" and miss out on easy, simple joy.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:00 AM
TracksZ06
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure why this is but kids have been far more enthusiastic about my corvettes over the years than adults. My wife says it makes it worth getting in and out of the car just to see the kids reactions when we're on the road.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:45 AM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,837 Posts

Re: Young kids being "in" to cars...

Many laugh or look down upon the "Ricer" mods on civics etc. When I was young I could have been qualified as in that category. Today I don't mind it at all. I like to see the passion they have with vehicles.
The following 2 users liked this post by Maxpowers:
Bayshore Vette (11-02-2022), TracksZ06 (11-02-2022)

Quick Reply: Quick Story - kids...