Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vert roof hits windshield hard

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 07:29 PM
jjuliano
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 48 Posts

Mine does this too. I just put my hand up to slow it down before it hits the top of the windshield header.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:18 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 685 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by dankhts
The convertible roof on my 19 GS hits the windshield pretty hard when it closes.... makes a bit of a loud thump...my other C7 vert is very gentle, touches the windshield silently when it closes....same on the Camaro verts we have in the family....no noise and no thump when the cert roof touches the windshield when closing...
Car is just out of base warranty, but asked the dealer what they thought they could do to fix/adjust it, but they have no clue.... any thoughts?
Thanks in advance...
This is certainly not what we like to hear, dankhts. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2019 GS. To do so, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: dankhts/Corvette Forums in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com
The following 2 users liked this post by Chevy Cust Svc:
dankhts (08-26-2022), Ron_Attleboro_MA (08-26-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 11:11 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by dankhts
The convertible roof on my 19 GS hits the windshield pretty hard when it closes.... makes a bit of a loud thump...my other C7 vert is very gentle, touches the windshield silently when it closes....same on the Camaro verts we have in the family....no noise and no thump when the cert roof touches the windshield when closing...
Car is just out of base warranty, but asked the dealer what they thought they could do to fix/adjust it, but they have no clue.... any thoughts?
Thanks in advance...
I cushion mine with my hand as it comes down. Easy fix.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:06 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

so, I sent off an email as suggested in post 22 to GM, I'll post any response that I get
The following 2 users liked this post by dankhts:
Bayshore Vette (08-29-2022), Ron_Attleboro_MA (08-26-2022)
Old 08-28-2022, 02:25 PM
RocksZC7
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

My 2016 Z06 Vert Top comes down fairly hard also … it has always done that since new. The locking mechanism may require some force to close & lock properly … just a guess?
Old 09-01-2022, 04:26 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

Interestingly, GM had the service manager of a local dealer call me to discuss this...he also has a C7 vert with the same issue, says he hasn't been able to find a fix....
The following users liked this post:
Ron_Attleboro_MA (09-01-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 07:07 PM
Drive-C7
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a 2014 convertible I bought new in January 2014. One of the first C7’s in my area. Signed up on the forum and found out many helpful hints. One of the things folks were talking back then was the top coming down hard. The hint was exactly what you people are saying. I always helped it down the last 3-4 inches. So for 8 years and 40,000 miles I have done this. Put the top Up a few days ago and didn’t reach up in time and windshield came down hard as usual. It now has small crack in top left part of windshield. Never ask the dealer about this years ago as I thought is was normal for the car but also thought the helpful hint was a good idea. Why ask for trouble. Now I have trouble. Will call insurance company and see what they say. I agree that a broken windshield is a broken windshield. Now the mission is finding someone who knows how to install it correctly.
The following users liked this post:
Ron_Attleboro_MA (09-02-2022)

Quick Reply: Vert roof hits windshield hard