Sponsored by:

seat adjustment panel came off drivers seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 01:19 PM
vettebob2
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default seat adjustment panel came off drivers seat

On my 2015 Corvette the seat adjustment panel came 'away' from the drivers seat. I saw two 'connecting' clips; one was broken. I glued it back onto the panel and re-attached the panel but it is not a SNUG fit at the front. Has there been a previous 'fix' placed on this forum? I did a search but found nothing. Does anyone know if there is something at the 'front' of the panel that I did not see to connect?

I attached as best I could but it is NOT SNUG at the front
Old 07-10-2022, 07:53 AM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 719 Likes on 484 Posts

There's a thread here somehere where someone drilled through the broken trim piece tab and zip-tied the trim piece to the seat frame.
The following users liked this post:
Vette Jockey (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 10:27 AM
CraigStu
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 303 Posts

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152454123@N04/, on Flickr
See the black plastic hook w/ the red line? That normally hooks over top of the silver rod right under it. See if yours has popped off or if the end of the hook has broken. If it has broken I would drill about a 1/4 inch hole through the remaining part and fasten it to the rod w/ a wire tie. BTW the darker vertical rod is the shaft of my large screwdriver. I was using it to bend the silver rod outward some. That is the fix for the seat bolster pushing against your thigh until it hurts.
The following 2 users liked this post by CraigStu:
Elk (07-10-2022), H Watkins (07-10-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 08:05 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,239 Likes on 3,472 Posts

The "fix" is to talk with your closest Parts Dept and see if they can get you a new replacement. Try the best option (as far as finished product) first... before jury-rigging (no, not "jerry-rigging in this case). This has nearly always worked for me repeatedly. All the best.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:15 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I would reach out to your Chevy dealership and ask about ordering a replacement part. The issue is there is a lot of pressure on that attachment point that others have mentioned above. It sounds as if your glued on part has broken off. A replacement is your best bet. Here is a short video on when I changed the color of mine, and this took two times to get the correct part. The first painted side panel that I ordered arrived without that plastic hook. Good Luck

Old 07-13-2022, 09:24 AM
bassmobile
Racer

Received 396 Likes on 129 Posts

Replaced two on my 2016 Stingray. First under Chevy warranty. The second under extended warranty. The panel itself is not expensive, they transfer the controls from broken panel to the new one.

Get notified of new replies

To seat adjustment panel came off drivers seat

Quick Reply: seat adjustment panel came off drivers seat