Rock on Santana! Rock on!
Six decades strong!

93 Vette
74 Capri (modified)
Old 02-02-2022, 10:00 AM
Range_Rat
Safety Car

Received 231 Likes on 131 Posts

Could maybe look at something like this as a solution to your driveway approach/transition issue:

Amazon Amazon
Old 02-02-2022, 07:32 PM
St.Char
Melting Slicks

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

Here's what I use. Simple 2X12’s cut 3ft long, with a 45 degree angle cut on one end of each board. I also installed handles along the side of each board to make it easy to carry them. Been using them for years, it is a little inconvenient, but way better than risking damage to the front end.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:46 PM
Shirl
Safety Car

Received 1,584 Likes on 669 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by Todd McMullen
This is what I do as well and have a 45-degree angle when turning into the driveway. I have the tires at normal PSI and it is at stock height. What I also did to experiment with best ways to get in and out of the driveway without scraping, I will change the mode to Track to stiffen up the MRC and it scrapes the driveway approach much less. When I go on the street I switch to Tour. That has worked best for me, but YMMV, and yes HOAs suck.
Great idea adjusting the suspension as well. Didn't think of that.
The following users liked this post:
Todd McMullen (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 08:50 PM
rkhegler
Team Owner

Received 350 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdvet
Get it done right, take to bodyshop, I know it hurts, getting it repaired properly is more important.
I totally, agree!
Old 02-04-2022, 07:04 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,965 Posts

Not the greatest because of the snow and light but maybe that is the way to solve it? Cut the concrete and that should fix it so you don't have to take wood blocks or whatever and place them permanently or temporarily. That worked for me
outrunm (02-04-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 04:12 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,960 Likes on 5,346 Posts

Originally Posted by muff1nS
Hello All,

I did not expect to post on these forums so soon, I have been a long time lurker.
I just picked up my 17 3LZ Z07 yesterday. I rolled off of my driveway and scraped pretty hard, dislodging my bumper.
I have one of those rolled curb driveways(Figure 1) where it's half the height of the curb. I barely got by with my previous car, an Infiniti q60RS, so I have no idea why I didn't think this would happen.
The bumper got pushed up in the front, pushing the bumper forward(Figure 2).
I reserved some time on a lift tomorrow to try to remove the bumper and reattach it correctly, but the hood won't open due to the pinch point created by the shifted bumper(Figure 3, hood picture was taken 10 minutes before disaster).

1: Does anyone have any recommendations for what I might be able to try at the lift tomorrow?
I will try removing all other bolts/screws and attempt to push the bumper back in.
I am considering pushing down hard on the bumper while my friend attempts to lift the hood.

2: Does anyone have any recommendations for getting over rolled curb driveways?
I have HOA who would not be happy about the Bridgit ramps.
I am considering casting a concrete ramp so it will be the same color(maybe with a pipe through it for water drainage).
I might just keep 2x12" planks in the garage and run up the driveway every time I come home.

Supplemental Documents:
Figure 1

Figure 2

Figure 3
OP:
My 15 3LZ Z07 rubs a little the curb but my rolled curb has about a 4 ft long slightly graded driveway section between the curb and the sidewalk. My splitter doesn't hit on the rolled curb but on the sloped part of that driveway section. If I drive into the driveway or back out of it at an angle I don't get any scrapping.

I am wondering about how your front fascia pulled loose so easily. When I was purchasing a trailer for my car I was at testing the extended loading ramp the dealer made for the car and as the splitter came over the end of the trailer the ramp collapsed, dropping the nose of the car onto the trailer with the front wheels hanging in the air. The nose of the car and the splitter held half the car's weight with no issue and no damage.

Here is a picture showing the car hanging off the end of the trailer with the front fascia and splitter supporting the weight.

The front of your car shouldn't have disconnected that easily.

Bill

Steve_R (02-05-2022)

Quick Reply: Day 1 of ownership: I dislodged the bumper