Sponsored by:

Carmax

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 09:00 AM
Ralphp
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Atta boy! 😉 After I signed over the title of my 1-year old '77 C3 L82 to the wholesaler, he let me take it to the bank in South Omaha for the cashier's check. Let's just say, the L82 performed strong on that 15 mile RT drive.

Are they charging you X amount cents per mile you drive it?
I haven't heard about any mileage charge, they keep telling me I'll get all my money back. Doing the return this morning and will let you know if there is anything funny.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:26 AM
outrunm
Le Mans Master

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Sorry that the car did not fit.
Old 02-12-2022, 11:04 AM
TensionED
Pro

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Ralphp
I haven't heard about any mileage charge, they keep telling me I'll get all my money back. Doing the return this morning and will let you know if there is anything funny.
Are you picking up another car today or just back to looking?
Old 02-12-2022, 01:16 PM
Ralphp
Pro

Originally Posted by TensionED
Are you picking up another car today or just back to looking?
I'm back to looking. I brought the '16 Vette down today and requested (and paid) they ship a '15 Boxster here to Tucson. They would give me all my money back today or wait to see what I am doing with the Porsche. If I wait, they can apply the trade-in (my '12 Vette) to the Porsche, saving me $3,184 of sales tax. I opted to wait.

The odd thing is they told me to keep the keys and park the '16 Vette in the general parking lot until we meet again. I was not too crazy about that but I did it.
I stopped at a dealer the other day to look at a used car and someone had come on their lot the night before and cracked some windshields. Today at Carmax there were two police cars because someone took a car out for a 24-hour test drive and never came back!
Old 02-12-2022, 04:51 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by Ralphp
I'm back to looking. I brought the '16 Vette down today and requested (and paid) they ship a '15 Boxster here to Tucson. They would give me all my money back today or wait to see what I am doing with the Porsche. If I wait, they can apply the trade-in (my '12 Vette) to the Porsche, saving me $3,184 of sales tax. I opted to wait.

The odd thing is they told me to keep the keys and park the '16 Vette in the general parking lot until we meet again. I was not too crazy about that but I did it.
I stopped at a dealer the other day to look at a used car and someone had come on their lot the night before and cracked some windshields. Today at Carmax there were two police cars because someone took a car out for a 24-hour test drive and never came back!
At my nearest Carmax, their for sale lot is totally <well except for the secure gate....> fenced off from the general parking lot area. I would not feel good about their choice in my car left there. But what are ya gonna do??? They're in charge of the potential transaction/s now.
Old 02-12-2022, 06:26 PM
Ralphp
Pro

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
At my nearest Carmax, their for sale lot is totally <well except for the secure gate....> fenced off from the general parking lot area. I would not feel good about their choice in my car left there. But what are ya gonna do??? They're in charge of the potential transaction/s now.
Yea, I was very surprised they didn't want the car behind the fence. I suppose at this point they feel the car still belongs to me and it is my problem. I didn't have much say.

Quick Reply: Carmax