Sponsored by:

C7 Coupe carpet removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 05:24 PM
RC13
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C7 Coupe carpet removal

I would like to install sound deadener in my C7 Coupe but and not sure of all parts to be unsnapped or unbolted. Looking for source to disassemble.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:01 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

If you're only looking at the carper under the seats, that's not too bad. You really only need to remove the scuff panels along the doors, and the 'spear' piece of trim on the driver's side of the center console. And the seats, obviously. You don't really need to pull the B-pillar trim pieces below the seatbelts. The carpet flexes enough to just tuck it up under those.

If you want to do the waterfall area behind the seats, then I'd recommend pulling the B-pillar and halo trim trim. The waterfall carpet doesn't flex all that well because of how it rolls over into the trunk. Pretty much all of the trim behind the seats has to come out at that point. Start with the center of the halo and work your way down. All those parts are a pain in the ***.
The following users liked this post:
Vette Jockey (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 06:52 PM
Vette Jockey
Roadster Madness. 😠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,525 Likes on 868 Posts
SoCal Regional Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '13, '20-'21

Originally Posted by Jeff V.
If you're only looking at the carper under the seats, that's not too bad. You really only need to remove the scuff panels along the doors, and the 'spear' piece of trim on the driver's side of the center console. And the seats, obviously. You don't really need to pull the B-pillar trim pieces below the seatbelts. The carpet flexes enough to just tuck it up under those.

If you want to do the waterfall area behind the seats, then I'd recommend pulling the B-pillar and halo trim trim. The waterfall carpet doesn't flex all that well because of how it rolls over into the trunk. Pretty much all of the trim behind the seats has to come out at that point. Start with the center of the halo and work your way down. All those parts are a pain in the ***.
I wondered how it was done in a coupe, Thank you!
Old 06-10-2021, 08:10 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff V.

BTW, in my 2017 coupe I just untucked the carpet on the area behind the seats from the sides and pulled it back into the trunk area (leaving the top fastened). I added the sound deadening and then rolled the carpet back and tucked it in to the side and center panels. Nothing needed to be unbolted.

Maybe we're thinking of something different?

Old 06-10-2021, 08:16 PM
RC13
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your response I was looking to remove the carpet and plastic covers in the luggage area.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:00 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by RC13
Thanks for your response I was looking to remove the carpet and plastic covers in the luggage area.
Do a Google search for "Crazy Cowboy sound deadening" and you'll find several discussions here on Corvette Forum listed as about the third entry down.

Good luck!
Old 06-10-2021, 10:40 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,414 Likes on 14,037 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Jeff - thanks for the info on what needs to be removed. Saved it just in case I decide to add insulation to my car.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:54 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by fsvoboda
BTW, in my 2017 coupe I just untucked the carpet on the area behind the seats from the sides and pulled it back into the trunk area (leaving the top fastened). I added the sound deadening and then rolled the carpet back and tucked it in to the side and center panels. Nothing needed to be unbolted.

Maybe we're thinking of something different?

I was talking about the vertical part that's immediately behind the seats.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:55 PM
Ken_4fun
Pro

Received 244 Likes on 131 Posts

This is exactly what I did, Corvettehop did the video, and I commented on the materials I used.

Ken

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Coupe carpet removal

Quick Reply: C7 Coupe carpet removal