Sponsored by:

For people who've put prochargers on their c7

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 07:51 PM
Willh876
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default For people who've put prochargers on their c7

Just wondering if people who have put procharger on their c7s would recommend doing it? Also, what brand did you buy? I have a 19 GS m7 and want to add more power. I've been looking at prochargers. I know you can install them your self which would be hard but doable. I also know you need to have it tuned. I would most likely have it put on by a professional and tuned by one as well! Did you notice also a difference in the way the car runs in traffic if you are driving it normal?
Old 06-07-2021, 05:05 PM
Gary barnes 1098
Drifting

Received 612 Likes on 360 Posts

I did a procharger on my 14 m7 10k ago. Best thing I ever did. Did install on my own and had tuned. 600 rwhp with meth and headers. Don’t notice it’s there in traffic but when your in it you’ll be smiling!!! Totally different car and still get 29 mpg on highway!!! Do it!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Dcasole (06-09-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 06:34 PM
Willh876
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gary barnes 1098
I did a procharger on my 14 m7 10k ago. Best thing I ever did. Did install on my own and had tuned. 600 rwhp with meth and headers. Don’t notice it’s there in traffic but when your in it you’ll be smiling!!! Totally different car and still get 29 mpg on highway!!! Do it!!!!
hey, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. That sounds awesome. I really want to do it. Now I just have to buy it. Last question when you installed yours did you use a lift? Or can you get away with jack stands? Thanks again
Old 06-07-2021, 07:42 PM
Gary barnes 1098
Drifting

Received 612 Likes on 360 Posts

Jack stands are fine. If I was you I’d check the parts for sale section often and wait on a good buy. A lot of guys are demodding their c7 and moving into a c8. (Why??) I picked my p1sc up for 1800$ and just needed a 200$ pulley the gentleman left on the car. Thx gary
Willh876 (06-08-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 02:49 AM
Aaron Rittenhouse
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I went with a new procharger installed and tuned by my shop. I didn't want the hassle of doing it on jack stands. I have around 10k miles on it in a year and a half. No issues at all. Runs cool in the middle of summer sitting in traffic. Drives like normal at partial throttle. The only neg I could say would be the race Bov is louder than I thought. It took the wife a few months to get used to it. i love the whine and the constant psshhh sounds.
Old 06-08-2021, 03:49 AM
Willh876
Advanced

Originally Posted by Aaron Rittenhouse
I went with a new procharger installed and tuned by my shop. I didn't want the hassle of doing it on jack stands. I have around 10k miles on it in a year and a half. No issues at all. Runs cool in the middle of summer sitting in traffic. Drives like normal at partial throttle. The only neg I could say would be the race Bov is louder than I thought. It took the wife a few months to get used to it. i love the whine and the constant psshhh sounds.
hey, thanks for your response. I definitely want to buy one. I just need to do some more research and do it. Thanks again that answered my questions.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:13 AM
Hawkbarr
Racer

Received 220 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Willh876
Just wondering if people who have put procharger on their c7s would recommend doing it? Also, what brand did you buy? I have a 19 GS m7 and want to add more power. I've been looking at prochargers. I know you can install them your self which would be hard but doable. I also know you need to have it tuned. I would most likely have it put on by a professional and tuned by one as well! Did you notice also a difference in the way the car runs in traffic if you are driving it normal?
I have a '19 Stingray with M7. I had a local shop install a procharger D-1X, intercooler, Corsa exhaust system(headers, XPipe, catless exhaust pipes) and tune. Woke the car up and I couldnt be happier. I would do it again. I have a conservative 602 RWHP and that is perfect for what I use it for, and is very reliable. No issues after 3000 miles on the upgrades.
Hope that helps,
Hawkbarr
Old 06-08-2021, 09:40 AM
Patfitz9
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Can't say I've ever heard of someone supercharging their car and regretting it
The following 2 users liked this post by Patfitz9:
lassie (02-12-2024), MDmotorman (06-13-2021)
Old 06-08-2021, 01:55 PM
DustyShamrock
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

20k on my Procharger. I installed myself in a garage with jack stands in about 6 hours. I had it tuned, but if you get the street version you can flash it yourself. Driving is no different below 3k, then it's a Rocket.
Old 06-08-2021, 02:06 PM
Willh876
Advanced

Originally Posted by DustyShamrock
20k on my Procharger. I installed myself in a garage with jack stands in about 6 hours. I had it tuned, but if you get the street version you can flash it yourself. Driving is no different below 3k, then it's a Rocket.

awesome, looking forward to putting mine on when I order it. Thank you for the input.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:24 PM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

Ok maybe a dumb question but relevant. I’m looking at the procharger too. Car is tuned with bolt ons and headers. I know their flash is for a bone stock car. Would their flash make the car run well enough to get it to the tuner. Closest tuner that I trust is three hours away.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:01 PM
jamieo
Melting Slicks

Received 542 Likes on 405 Posts

Pretty sure the tuner will download yours as stock and let you flash it with their tune.At least in did on my truck when I installed a supercharger.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:24 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 760 Likes on 516 Posts

I’ve had my P1 Procharger on my 15 Stingray for close to 30,000 miles now. The head unit and brackets are great !! I’ll be having my second tensioner installed soon. I do not baby my car as I drive it as my car has been modded for my intentions. Have fun be safe and get a good tuner and you’ll be good to go
Old 06-09-2021, 01:00 AM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,227 Likes on 3,465 Posts

Many swear by them, but I'm not a fan of bolt-on blowers. Consider all the mods GM makes when they add boost... not because they've nothing better to do with the resources. Trade for a Z06 and drive on.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:44 AM
Goat 2 Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 470 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Avanti
Many swear by them, but I'm not a fan of bolt-on blowers. Consider all the mods GM makes when they add boost... not because they've nothing better to do with the resources. Trade for a Z06 and drive on.
Z06's are considerably more money. The way guys talk on this forum, money must grow on trees. My car came with an ECS blower. If I was to get a blower myself, I'd probably go with a PD blower. More fun on the street. I also wish mine had the whine that a procharger does, but I don't think they all do and that's weird. The guy I bought the car from said he got the loudest BOV they had and I can't even hear it. I wonder if its even working.. I know the NPP exhaust flaps weren't working. I just had them fixed when I got my headers and x pipe installed a couple weeks ago.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:16 AM
DustyShamrock
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My Procharger isn't loud as in wine. You get a subtle whistle me like a quiet turbo. My bypass valve is loud as **** though. It's a loud rushing until it closes. Open exhaust, windows up and ac blasting, you can clearly hear the air rushing.
I do like the whine of the PD blowers, none of that here though.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:03 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,088 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat 2 Vette
Z06's are considerably more money. The way guys talk on this forum, money must grow on trees. My car came with an ECS blower. If I was to get a blower myself, I'd probably go with a PD blower. More fun on the street. I also wish mine had the whine that a procharger does, but I don't think they all do and that's weird. The guy I bought the car from said he got the loudest BOV they had and I can't even hear it. I wonder if its even working.. I know the NPP exhaust flaps weren't working. I just had them fixed when I got my headers and x pipe installed a couple weeks ago.
You would absolutely know if your BOV wasn't working, the car would push and have fueling issues.

It's funny how some people love the BOV "whoosh" and others hate it, me personally I think the grinding whine of some blowers sounds absolutely terrible, like a power steering pump is failing or something. To each his own though, which is great, car shows would be boring if every car was the same!
Dcasole (06-09-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To For people who've put prochargers on their c7

Old 06-09-2021, 03:41 PM
aerobaticflyer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts

I guess I would be one that doesn't regret NOT putting a SC on my '17 M7. Recently had a issue requiring camshaft and lifter replacement at 26,000 miles that almost certainly would not have been covered under warranty had I done the mods.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:43 PM
Goat 2 Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 470 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
You would absolutely know if your BOV wasn't working, the car would push and have fueling issues.

It's funny how some people love the BOV "whoosh" and others hate it, me personally I think the grinding whine of some blowers sounds absolutely terrible, like a power steering pump is failing or something. To each his own though, which is great, car shows would be boring if every car was the same!
Mine has no whoosh.. But the car runs great. And the ECS blower does have some grinding noise, we talked about it before. But now that I have 2" Kooks headers and X pipe on it, I don't hear anything but the exhaust
Old 02-11-2024, 05:05 PM
DSMpactTSI
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary barnes 1098
how long did it take to install?

I live in cali so i will need to remove it and take off the tune every 2 years for smog so Im trying to see if its something I would want to do.

Quick Reply: For people who've put prochargers on their c7