Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Wonderful Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 06:51 AM
Cedar
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Actually it's Jim Butler Chevrolet is who I'm talking about. I did some checking around and found another dealer to do my triple flush. When I called to make an appointment I asked the service advisor if my appointment was to get my car fixed or was it to make an appointment with a service advisor and I was told it was to get my car fixed, so I made my appointment for Tuesday, 6-1-21. Sounds like I'm headed down the right path.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:51 AM
DGA3
Melting Slicks

Received 643 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by Cedar
Hey Rayland,

I didn't know this was a Stingray section only, on my screen it says C7 GENERAL DISCUSSION. I didn't realize this was a Z06 discussion only, my apologies. I'm not asking for this to be done for free. When I bought the car I came with CPO warranty ( 12 Months/ 12,000 mi. ), an extended warranty ( 5 year/50,000 mi. ) plus this year I bought a GMEPP warranty for 6 year/ 60,000mi. warranty. If GM would have put the correct trans fluid in to begin with we wouldn't be having this discussion. All I ask is GM to make it right and to treated with a little respect from their company representatives for me and their flagship vehicle. Is that to much to ask?

I'm not even going to respond to your ( * Can you say "White privilege" * ) comment. What does that have to do with this subject anyway?
It's not.

I own a 2017 Z06 and spend 99% of my time on this forum, and not the Z06 one.
Old 05-29-2021, 11:44 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Interesting thread. I have 2 C7 A8's. The 15' (purchased new) has had a new Torque Converter (3 day job) and a couple flushes. Problem only was noticeable in V 4 mode so Range plug-in was the last solution. My 16' ( used with 34K when bought) was fine until I parked it for 4 months. Hendrick Naples scheduled me in order of complaint and 6 weeks later the latest Mobil 1 fluid was used in flush. Seemed it had been fixed, but had a Range in it 3 days later. Now have Tune and other mods that turned off V 4 mode (no cam/dod complete delete) and can't tell you how big my smile is !!!!!

The real problem is V 4 mode and the work the T/C has to accomplish going in and out many times a minute, to handle the V 4 computer processing. Unfortunately, this all is based on Govt. demanding more fuel mileage and penalizing MFG's. So, in real world situations, you may not get better gas mileage in V 4 mode, especially in hills etc. BUT....on a flat track testing situation, MFG's see increases and Big Brother is happy!

Old 05-30-2021, 07:23 PM
joshtried
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

this happened at my most recent chevy appointment. Had an appointment to diagnose some noise. "we will get to it within 24-48 hours." The ****? I gave you my complaint on the phone. I told you why I was bringing my car in. What is the point of making an appointment if you (the dealership) are not going to honor it?

I was reminded of the Seinfeld episode regarding reserving a car. What the hell is the point if you dont have a car ready for said reservation?
Old 05-31-2021, 07:06 AM
Cedar
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by joshtried
this happened at my most recent chevy appointment. Had an appointment to diagnose some noise. "we will get to it within 24-48 hours." The ****? I gave you my complaint on the phone. I told you why I was bringing my car in. What is the point of making an appointment if you (the dealership) are not going to honor it?

I was reminded of the Seinfeld episode regarding reserving a car. What the hell is the point if you dont have a car ready for said reservation?
I totally agree with you. Since you made the appointment, took the car to the dealership, the dealership should man-up and honor your appointment.
Old 05-31-2021, 01:47 PM
NoRuls
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Every time I read a thread like this I'm so thankful I live near Key Chevrolet in Middletown CT where Paul Koerner is their Corvette tech. He's the best! GOOGLE him.....

Last edited by NoRuls; 05-31-2021 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:12 AM
DGA3
Melting Slicks

Received 643 Likes on 428 Posts

My tech - Chuck Metts - is also the best!

You can find him here around 13 minutes in. I like it when he says that he treats each Corvette as if it were his own. That is music to my ears!

The following users liked this post:
NoRuls (06-01-2021)

Quick Reply: Another Wonderful Dealer Experience