Do you leave your C7 parked unattended

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 08:52 AM
Luzifer
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 154 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by WPGZ06
Whenever you have any type of nice car and pull the park far away move, it is inevitable that some idiot will be parked by you when you come out. I do not understand whey they do it, never will. It is different when its another nice car as I then understand but even then they usually park one spot over to keep the space, but in my experience its always a piece of crap that does it. Like Why? your now 100 meters away from the store/theatre/etc., so besides being a douche like you said, I just will never understand it.

Nice cars are like glue for random idiots
I didn't mention it before but I got one a few weeks ago again still parked at the far end of the lot, came back to a very rusty through and through car with led lights taped on and a bunch of junk ornaments. The guy and his girlfriend were behind their car smoking cigarette and had parked so close to to my driver side I couldn't open the door all the way. I didn't say anything to them and quickly got in but I was not amused, it would of been futile to stoop to their idiocy level and ask them why the F... they did that for. I could of escalated the issue but again I deal with the public on a daily basis I don't need the extra aggravation during the weekend where I'm trying to relax and regain my energy.
The following 2 users liked this post by Luzifer:
Photomania (08-22-2021), Ron_Attleboro_MA (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 10:52 AM
DGA3
Melting Slicks

Received 643 Likes on 428 Posts

I parked far out in the Target parking lot yesterday and was left alone!

Maybe Target shoppers are more kind than those at other stores.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:43 AM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

I find myself driving mine when I can and not parking for long but when I do just use common sense. Cars are for driving not being left in the garage to admire although I do admire mine every time I see it..................

The following 2 users liked this post by SuperdadZ06:
Photomania (08-22-2021), Rags6659 (03-08-2022)
Old 08-21-2021, 11:44 AM
MyDarkAngel
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperdadZ06
I find myself driving mine when I can and not parking for long but when I do just use common sense. Cars are for driving not being left in the garage to admire although I do admire mine every time I see it..................

I go and look and admire mine in the garage but then my car makes me drive it, lol.
The following users liked this post:
Photomania (08-22-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 11:52 AM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

yup it is such a stress reliever love driving a stick again and its a good one
Photomania (08-22-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 12:20 PM
jaiyenyen
Pro

Received 415 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Luzifer
I didn't mention it before but I got one a few weeks ago again still parked at the far end of the lot, came back to a very rusty through and through car with led lights taped on and a bunch of junk ornaments. The guy and his girlfriend were behind their car smoking cigarette and had parked so close to to my driver side I couldn't open the door all the way. I didn't say anything to them and quickly got in but I was not amused, it would of been futile to stoop to their idiocy level and ask them why the F... they did that for. I could of escalated the issue but again I deal with the public on a daily basis I don't need the extra aggravation during the weekend where I'm trying to relax and regain my energy.
Humans in general are a hard to like, I prefer animals to humans.
The following 2 users liked this post by jaiyenyen:
Luzifer (08-21-2021), MyDarkAngel (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Elk
Le Mans Master

Received 3,257 Likes on 1,723 Posts

^^^
It depends on the animal. And the human.

Last edited by Elk; 08-21-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 12:55 PM
WPGZ06
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by av8or
Taking more than a single spot is a recipe for trouble. It's an excuse for a key job down the side, or for someone determined to squeeze into one of the half-spaces you leave. There are those out there that automatically feel animosity toward anyone with a nice car like a Corvette, don't give them an excuse by parking across more than one space.
I have no issue with the double spot move but you better be basically at the other end of the planet/parking lot if your going to pull that move, even then it is a tough sell to me why your doing it, but if you do it close to the store, no matter what you drive, your officially an *** hat!
Old 08-21-2021, 12:56 PM
WPGZ06
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Luzifer
Like you said not worth the time or energy, just get in the car and leave. They wouldn't understand anyways or they will understand because they did it 100% on purpose. Better to just be bigger person and leave.
Luzifer (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 02:20 PM
jaiyenyen
Pro

Received 415 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Elk
^^^
It depends on the animal. And the human.
Well, try locking your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for a few days. When you let them out who is going to be happy to see you?
The following 2 users liked this post by jaiyenyen:
Luzifer (08-21-2021), MyDarkAngel (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 02:28 PM
Photomania
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts

I bought the 2017 Stingray in November and I still have not parked at a store, restaurant or gas station unattended. In April, I bought a 2013 Corvette and I do leave that car unattended at stores. But I park it in isolated areas. If I know i will need to stop at a store, I will drive the older Corvette. But the older one is unblemished. So I am careful where I park. Like I mentioned earlier, careless drivers backed into 3 of my parked cars. I prefer to be safe than sorry so that I do not have to deal with insurance companies and body shops.
Old 08-21-2021, 03:01 PM
Elk
Le Mans Master

Received 3,257 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Originally Posted by jaiyenyen
Well, try locking your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for a few days. When you let them out who is going to be happy to see you?
I despise dogs.
LT1 Z51 (08-24-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 03:15 PM
Mike00
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I do park my 18 zo6. I try and be smart about it but the reality is you lose way too much driving time by not being willing to take it anywhere. You can always fix it if something happens.

For me I want to get out and drive and so I’ll take almost every opportunity I can vs. only driving on a Saturday morning.
Elk (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 04:04 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,318 Likes on 757 Posts

I park my recently purchased daily-driven C4 in the most convenient spot I can find. The only concession I make is a preference for spots at the end of a row so only one side is exposed to another vehicle. I then get out and do my business with no cares at all.

I did the same with all my prior Vettes — including the beautiful 2015 C7 I DD’d for 2 years. I would even park it outside the soup kitchen where I volunteered occasionally. Never a worry — the clientele seemed to like that I showed up with donuts — and many genuinely liked the car.

I guess the less I worry about my cars the happier I am. And, weirdly, they seem to do just fine! 2 parking lot incidents in 16 years — and both times I WAS IN THE CAR
SuperdadZ06 (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 04:35 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

very impressed that you volunteer for a worthy cause, not enough of us do that.
Old 08-22-2021, 01:19 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,318 Likes on 757 Posts

Thanks but the real story here is, while many in our Vette club do volunteer gigs — and some volunteer much more time than me — they pretty much all tell me I’m nuts the way I “expose” my Vette. But I think most of them are secretly a bit jealous that I have a blast driving it all the time, parking it wherever, and doing it all stress-free!

Last edited by Rapid Fred; 08-22-2021 at 01:20 AM.
Photomania (08-22-2021)
Old 08-22-2021, 02:43 PM
jimbob8915
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

As much as some of us bought it to "collect", some to drive Sunday only, and some as a daily driver.... it is still just a car. I do try to park away from others only to come back an find some asshat parked next to me. If you drive it there is always some "chance" something can happen.

Get notified of new replies

To Do you leave your C7 parked unattended

Old 08-22-2021, 03:03 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

When I look at all that my club does annually in providing food, clothing and $5000+ in scholarships for needy children, families and non-profit organization is what our club and many other corvette clubs are all about. The social component and being a pillar in our communities sometimes gets overlooked as we all are more than just a Corvette Social Club but are Clubs that core values are to make a difference in our communities and the underserved. Below are my particular club core values, mission and goal of my corvette club.

Mission:
To become a positive organization within our community, using our Corvettes to inspire strong educational and social values, by demonstrating a positive lifestyle for young people as well as utilizing our collective resources to assist communities in upward growth.

Goal:
To bring positive change to the lives of all persons this organization interacts with, in preparation of their becoming change agents within their own families and communities.

Purpose:
The members of this club are joined together, and are mutually pledged to the furtherance and promotion of the following Objectives.

Objectives:
  • To promote and encourage camaraderie and provide a means of fellowship between Corvettes owners.
  • To make the ownership of a Corvette a proud and enjoyable experience.
  • To give advice and assistance about the Corvette experience to any and all members of the club or community.
  • To provide organized and fun activities for the club members and their families.
  • To set an example for fellow drivers in the terms of courtesy, safety, and traffic awareness when traveling the roads together.
  • To serve as an official voice for the club members.
  • To maintain the highest standards of operation and performance for the "American Legend", by sharing and exchanging technical and mechanical information.
  • The interchange of ideas and suggestions with other Corvette Clubs throughout the world, and mutually beneficial cooperation as may be required for maintaining the status of the "American Legend - The Corvette".

Originally Posted by Laguna Fred
Thanks but the real story here is, while many in our Vette club do volunteer gigs — and some volunteer much more time than me — they pretty much all tell me I’m nuts the way I “expose” my Vette. But I think most of them are secretly a bit jealous that I have a blast driving it all the time, parking it wherever, and doing it all stress-free!
Originally Posted by Laguna Fred
I park my recently purchased daily-driven C4 in the most convenient spot I can find. The only concession I make is a preference for spots at the end of a row so only one side is exposed to another vehicle. I then get out and do my business with no cares at all.

I did the same with all my prior Vettes — including the beautiful 2015 C7 I DD’d for 2 years. I would even park it outside the soup kitchen where I volunteered occasionally. Never a worry — the clientele seemed to like that I showed up with donuts — and many genuinely liked the car.

Last edited by KGrant; 08-23-2021 at 08:21 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by KGrant:
Photomania (08-22-2021), SuperdadZ06 (08-22-2021)
Old 08-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Goat 2 Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 475 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Photomania
Do you leave your Corvette parked unattended in public places? I’m sure I will eventually. But I bought a 2017 Stingray in November and it had only 1,100 miles. It’s in showroom shape and even smells new. So far I leave it parked unattended only at work where I can park it in a giant multi-level parking garage that probably has no more than 50 cars.
Don't live in fear man.. You have insurance on the car, right? Stuff is going to happen. I used to feel the same as you, then one day, I'm like F it.. its just a car. Anything on it can be replaced or fixed. Don't lose sleep over it.
Photomania (08-22-2021)
Old 08-22-2021, 04:30 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 890 Likes on 578 Posts

Park it unattended often. Always try to find a place that requires a decent walk to the attraction in question. People will circle forever in order to avoid walking an extra 250 feet. So far so good.
The following 2 users liked this post by TxLefty:
knightindustries2000 (12-05-2021), Photomania (08-22-2021)

Quick Reply: Do you leave your C7 parked unattended