Sponsored by:

‘14 C7 Opinions... Fire Away!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 09:54 PM
twowinns
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Hepcat
Thanks to everyone who responded. I learned a few things especially the multiple comments on the A6 vs. A8 transmission which naturally compelled me to do more reading. I’m getting kinda psyched. Will look forward to someday being in the C7 owner pages!
Keep us posted on your progress!

BTW.....Here is a link to the 2014 Corvette sales brochure to learn more about the feature options for that year: https://www.auto-brochures.com/makes...vette_2014.pdf
The following users liked this post:
Hepcat (02-13-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 10:13 PM
Kevin Orourke
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hepcat
Thanks to everyone who responded. I learned a few things especially the multiple comments on the A6 vs. A8 transmission which naturally compelled me to do more reading. I’m getting kinda psyched. Will look forward to someday being in the C7 owner pages!
I bought a 2016 C7 3lt auto 7 months ago and its just a fantastic car to own. A lot of money here and to convert to RHD but that is well worth it. Its just a buzz every time we go out in it. Never had as many positive comments. Taken a couple of kids now that have just been drooling when they see it at the local shops for a quick drive ( their parents happily agreed )and they just grin ear to ear.
Just tell them work hard at school, save up and you can have one too .

Id have like the green too but as luck would have it theres no options here, take what is for sale......so mines black/black, but Ive just bought new chrome wheels from a bloke in texas so that should improve the appearance a lot. They will be here in about 2 months.

Do your self a favour - go buy one - here for a good time not a long time !!

Last edited by Kevin Orourke; 02-12-2021 at 10:19 PM. Reason: add a picture
The following 2 users liked this post by Kevin Orourke:
Hepcat (02-12-2021), twowinns (02-13-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 11:33 PM
Hepcat
Racer

Received 322 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by twowinns
Keep us posted on your progress!

BTW.....Here is a link to the 2014 Corvette sales brochure to learn more about the feature options for that year: https://www.auto-brochures.com/makes...vette_2014.pdf
Thanks. Good advice I look forward to taking! And now some new reading material. Cheers!

Last edited by Hepcat; 02-12-2021 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Typo
twowinns (02-13-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 11:41 PM
Hepcat
Racer

Received 322 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by JMoore5196
I owned a '00 Arctic White coupe for many years and it was always a fun car. I sold it last year and began searching for a C7 with the same color combination. I wound up with a 2014 Z51 with about 15K on the odometer.

The difference between the C5 and C7 generations is literally night and day. The C5 is a nice, sedate car; there's nothing particularly sedate about the C7. It's also more of a 'looker' than the C5 ever was; you certainly get a lot of attention on the road!

Having driven several later-edition C7s, I can tell a difference in the way the A6 drives versus the A8. But I like to think the bulletproof reputation of the A6 - and the aggressive nature of the car - make up for the lack of subtlety one experiences with the A6.

I had HMI and ACM modules professionally changed out for Infotainment pieces so I could have Apple CarPlay. That's really the only modification I plan to make to the car. I am so impressed with the '14 that I've cancelled my C8 reservations. I plan to keep this car for several years.
Congrats on that! My buddy gave me a shot behind the wheel of his ‘16 Sunrise Daytona Orange. What a machine. Now he’s expecting a ‘21 in Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat. I pretty much hate him. Thanks for transmission tips. inspired me to read up as other members also mentioned.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:01 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

I don't know if the position of my car in the 2014 run has anything to do with it, but my 2LT/Z51/M7/MRC/NPP has been perfect. The car was produced in February with a 16000+ VIN number. Would surely buy this car again.
twowinns (02-13-2021)

Quick Reply: ‘14 C7 Opinions... Fire Away!