Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon to be new C7 owner.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 06:49 AM
EBvette02
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 36 Posts

Congratulations, That car is a beauty. You'll enjoy the Smiles per Miles!!!
Welcome to the club, and don't forget to wave.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:55 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

The C7 is a nice step up from the C6, but that C6 GS convertible you have is sooo sweet as that would be the car I’d be driving when the temps are sunny and 70.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:25 AM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,810 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgidog1
The C7 is a nice step up from the C6, but that C6 GS convertible you have is sooo sweet as that would be the car I’d be driving when the temps are sunny and 70.
I won't be getting rid of her anytime soon. At 30.5k miles she's got a long way to go.
Old 01-31-2021, 11:55 AM
First Stingray
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

I too have a base model Stingray and added the OEM Z51 sway bars and shocks. I agree with Shirl about the ease of purchasing a Z51 vehicle as opposed to adding the items to a base model, however in my case my wife had surprised me with my Stingray and the base is what I had to work with. I noticed a significant improvement in cornering after adding the sways, however the big improvement was removing the soft fe1 shocks. You will find that the base shocks, although soft and comfortable, tend to feel floaty at higher speeds. I don't track the car but I do enjoy a spirited drive at times. Adding the stiffer Z51 shocks (fe3 suspension) helped considerably. I also added the Z51 blade spoiler and some side skirts in carbon flash and love the way it has turned out. At any rate, the C7 is an amazing machine and I'm sure you will enjoy every mile you add to it. Contact Gene at Cultrag if you want to purchase the Z51 suspension items.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:46 PM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,810 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by First Stingray
I too have a base model Stingray and added the OEM Z51 sway bars and shocks. I agree with Shirl about the ease of purchasing a Z51 vehicle as opposed to adding the items to a base model, however in my case my wife had surprised me with my Stingray and the base is what I had to work with. I noticed a significant improvement in cornering after adding the sways, however the big improvement was removing the soft fe1 shocks. You will find that the base shocks, although soft and comfortable, tend to feel floaty at higher speeds. I don't track the car but I do enjoy a spirited drive at times. Adding the stiffer Z51 shocks (fe3 suspension) helped considerably. I also added the Z51 blade spoiler and some side skirts in carbon flash and love the way it has turned out. At any rate, the C7 is an amazing machine and I'm sure you will enjoy every mile you add to it. Contact Gene at Cultrag if you want to purchase the Z51 suspension items.
Thanks for the Cultrag referral First. I won't be able to get it on the road until all this snow/ice/salt is off the roads. When I do I'm going to drive it for awhile to see if the factory set up does a good enough job for the cars intended usage, primarily weekend cruising and road trips to see the kids. I'm confident a '19 base is still a very capable car and living in nw Iowa there's really not many places to ring it out on the twisties......we don't have any! I'm not sure which one I'll take to the Black Hills Rally this year. The '12 did a super job running around out there plus it's a vert which was a new experience for me. I'm really looking forward to getting the C7 out on the road though.

Last edited by astepup; 01-31-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:53 PM
MrClean21
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BullittEV
Misleading thread title, car is used.
I got it. What if he said, Soon to be new owner of a C7?
Bob
Old 01-31-2021, 11:14 PM
MrClean21
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by astepup
Hello all, I should be taking delivery within a week of a '19 Stingray LT1 base auto with 6500 miles.
Congrats and welcome. You will find lots of helpful tips and recommendations. If you like sports cars I'm sure you'll love the vette. The car will be more than capable for your intended purposes.
Bob
Old 01-31-2021, 11:20 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,221 Likes on 832 Posts

Originally Posted by BullittEV
Misleading thread title, car is used.

No it isn't....its new to him....

op enjoy the new Vette.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:21 AM
CraigStu
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 304 Posts

The Z51 shocks and bars are a really nice, pretty inexpensive upgrade. I liked the ride on my near identical silver base Stingray but didn't like the interstate speed float. I did the install almost all at once but you could do it in stages. I'd drive it for a month or two and see what you notice the most. Body roll or float. Then do either bars or shocks.

Quick Reply: Soon to be new C7 owner.