C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the Link to Mag Ride update TSB?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 07:59 PM
ttazzijr
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Anyone have the Link to Mag Ride update TSB?

Does anyone have the link to the mag ride update TSB?(Or if it’s not actually a TSB, whatever it is).

I want to ask my dealership to perform it on my 2016 Z non Z07 but want a hard copy in my hand to show Them exactly what I want to eliminate any confusion (guy previously told me there’s an update but it doesn’t improve touring mode, which is inaccurate)

thank you!
Old 09-01-2020, 08:22 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,300 Likes on 861 Posts

Try this:

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ated-1401.html

Ron
Old 09-02-2020, 06:32 PM
H Watkins
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16, '21

Default Or This:

Dealer Installation Details Magnetic Ride Suspension New Calibration:
To reprogram the “Corvette Magnetic Ride Suspension Calibration" please call Techline Customer
Support Center (TCSC) at 1-800-828-6860 for programming requirements and instructions. Please
be ready to provide the 17-digit VIN prior to calling. Please see the detailed steps below:
Step 1 – Obtain VIN of the vehicle for reprogramming.
Step 2 – Call TCSC at 1-800-828-6860.
Step 3 – Flash Calibration and complete Setup Process using the ServiceProgramming System.
Model Year 2014-2016 vehicles refer to Document ID 3633837, Model Year 2017-2018 vehicles refer to Document ID 4593366.
Step 4 – Refer to installation instructions in SI Document ID 4873206, for specific product details.
Step 5 – The labor for download and the re-flash of the module is to be charged to labor OP code 0602448 at an allowable 0.3hr.
Step 6 – Collect MSRP $350.00 from the customer which covers ALL COST, including Labor for the download and re-flash of the module. NOTE: This upgraded suspension calibration is a customer-pay transaction and should not be submitted as a warranty claim. The only submission to General Motors is for 0.3hr Labor per Step 5.
Step 7 – Dealer Piece Cost for Calibration will be billed to the BARS/Open Account monthly via Techline. Dealer Statement will include the 17-digit VIN, Part Number Reference“CORVSUSP" and Dealer Piece Cost.
Step 8 – To get the maximum performance and consistency out of the updated calibration, please allow the vehicle to sit for 8 to 10 hours after the update and prior to spirited driving.

NOTE: Headline Details
https://dealer.autopartners.net/port...US-9-4986.aspx 1/31/2018
The MRC damper system has a built-in temperature offset correction as part of the calibration.
Chevrolet Performance recommends allowing the vehicle to sit for 8 to 10 hours after flash of Calibration and prior to spirited driving. This step does not need to be done at the dealership and can be done at the customer's convenience. Allowing the vehicle to sit will allow the damper temperatures to normalize, and the temperature offset in the calibration to accurately reset. The vehicle is still functional prior to sitting for 8-10 hours. However, the temperature offset correction will be less accurate, resulting in a less optimized operation until the damper temperatures normalize.

2K14C7 is offline Report Post
Old 09-02-2020, 06:42 PM
TXshaggy
Drifting

Received 1,093 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by ttazzijr
Does anyone have the link to the mag ride update TSB?(Or if it’s not actually a TSB, whatever it is).

I want to ask my dealership to perform it on my 2016 Z non Z07 but want a hard copy in my hand to show Them exactly what I want to eliminate any confusion (guy previously told me there’s an update but it doesn’t improve touring mode, which is inaccurate)

thank you!
It’s not an “update” or TSB. It can be found in the GM Performance Parts Catalog and is a cost UPGRADE.

Most folks who walk in and ask for a flash update get nothing and then complain it didn’t do anything. Call ahead and ask if they’re done one. Find a certified performance parts dealer.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:15 PM
phil hunter
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

This is a very confusing subject since there are two issues at play. In July of 2018, I received a letter from Chevy stating that my 2017 GS may have an incorrect service calibration for the suspension control module. I have no idea how many cars or models, and what years were affected, but my car was. As delivered, the ride was terrible regardless of mode selected. Anyway, the dealer reprogrammed the module at no cost to me and it helped quite a bit. Interestingly, there was no TSB number for this recall on the letter, just my VIN number. Might want to check your VIN number to see if your car is affected. In addition, as mentioned by others here, there was/ is an "optional" performance upgrade to the magnetic suspension for a recommended fee of $350, although some dealers charged more and others less. I had this upgrade performed on my car for the recommended fee of $350, and immediately noticed a ride improvement in the car in Tour mode. Not so much in the other modes. If you are not happy with the ride quality of your vehicle in Tour mode, I suggest you consider this upgrade.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have the Link to Mag Ride update TSB?

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Link to Mag Ride update TSB?