Sponsored by:

Diablo Sport Tuner review

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 12:21 PM
bill K
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Diablo Sport Tuner review

I installed a Diablo in tune 3 and am very happy with results. I have a 2014 C7 m7 this year the Fans are set higher and the car ran about 210. I installed a cold air intake and NPP exhaust and did a 93 tune. I was able to turn off AFM and CAGS and adjust the fans to 195. I am very happy with the extra kick the 93 gave me. Overall I am very satisfied and happy I purchased it. The install was easy with help from there Techs. I would recommend this.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:31 PM
rwc815
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by bill K
I installed a Diablo in tune 3 and am very happy with results. I have a 2014 C7 m7 this year the Fans are set higher and the car ran about 210. I installed a cold air intake and NPP exhaust and did a 93 tune. I was able to turn off AFM and CAGS and adjust the fans to 195. I am very happy with the extra kick the 93 gave me. Overall I am very satisfied and happy I purchased it. The install was easy with help from there Techs. I would recommend this.
I took it up a notch by using Diablew. Worth the $150. Process look a few weeks as you have to drive 150 miles after his initial tune, then do a WOT log. I had to do it twice because the first time the i3 did not have the misfire/knock sensor parameter turned on. I really notice a lot more over the std Diablo 93 octane. I have a Soler throttle body controller and had to dial it back because Lew's tune put more mid-range punch in my car and tire spin was too much in 2nd & 3rd gears.
The following users liked this post:
06MonteSS (04-16-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 12:48 PM
Rayland
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts

Bill K;

"Diablo Sport's preloaded performance tunes could add up to 30hp and 20ft.-lbs. of torque over stock to your Corvette."

I had a diablo Sport tuning system for my 2006 C6 3LT, in order tighten the shifts of my automatic 6sp.

Although, my 2/2016 C7 Stingray is completely stock.

Adjustable parameters according to the web sight:

-Active fuel management
-Cooling fan control
-Disable skip shift
-Drive/neutral idle RPM adjustment
-Fuel rich/lean adjustment VS RPM
-Gear ratio
-Rev limiter
-Speed limiter
-Throttle booster
-Timing advance/ retard VS RPM
-Tire size

(See mike the tuning system Guru @ Diablo)

Many thanks,

Ray
Old 04-08-2020, 04:18 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,258 Likes on 1,644 Posts

I used a Diablo with my C6 " Bolt on Car " and now my C7 " Bolt On " car along with Lew's customer tunes which are no different than a shop doing a " STREET " tune on your car except you have the ability to......

a- Restore the car back to stock at any time - I have seen to many guys go out of business or to many owners want to put their cars back to stock have to pay for a new tune , With my Diablo less that 3 minutes it can be restored to stock
b - You can make adjustments to the tune yourself and log the changes - I had a bit of Knock retard going on right at the 1st to 2nd shift and the car was pulling timing , Not sure if it was false knock or real knock but I did not want to chance it so I added some fuel and the car responded with a .2 improvement . did it right at the track .....

Am I leaving some HP on the table , maybe ... but just knowing that I can tune my car myself and restore it back to stock at any time is worth it to me

For a bolt on car , email tunes are fine although many will have you believe that you have to take it to a shop or a dyno .... to me the real test is not a dyno , its how it performs on the track .....

Plus Diablo LEW and Mike at Diablo Sport customer service is 2nd to none !! , I have had both respond to a question on Saturdays when they are closed ....

I would do the same EMAIL tune if I had HP tuners or EFI live as there are may good tuners out there that use these tools to do EMAIL tunes

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 04-08-2020 at 07:59 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dcasole:
06MonteSS (04-16-2020), Carvin (02-17-2023)
Old 04-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bill K
Get a custom Diablo Lew Tune ...you will not regret it , he will also send you a transmission tune

It will feel like a completely different car ...

Dave
The following 2 users liked this post by Dcasole:
06MonteSS (04-16-2020), GatorsJMC (04-20-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 04:49 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Awesome! Glad to hear it fella's!! Glad you're happy with it... And yes, as Dcasole mentioned, I can always get you hooked up with a custom tune for even better performance, driveability, etc etc...

Thanks!
-Lew

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
The following 2 users liked this post by 06MonteSS:
Dcasole (04-08-2020), Kracka (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 11:08 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Lew-tuned here and have been since 2014. After 49k miles... 👍👍👍
The following users liked this post:
06MonteSS (04-16-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 08:16 PM
Soot puma
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Friends, Please bare with me, New to it all can’t even run my new iPhone. Bought a new c5 zo6 5000 mi. Wax trophy. At 71 scares the liven stuff out of me. Replacing valve springs, adding ARH long tubes,Borla stingers, cold air. Understand that I should have the car tuned after the bolt on not that I would probably know the difference at my red flag level. Would your product be a asset to me to keep her in the bit where she belongs.
Old 02-17-2023, 03:53 AM
Reddedpred
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
Awesome! Glad to hear it fella's!! Glad you're happy with it... And yes, as Dcasole mentioned, I can always get you hooked up with a custom tune for even better performance, driveability, etc etc... Thanks!-Lew
hello friend. I'm interested in getting a custom tune for my c7. It's getting delivered first week of March. Are you still doing them? Thabk you
Old 02-17-2023, 08:10 AM
Shirl
Safety Car

Received 1,581 Likes on 667 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Used this years ago on my C5 and gained .3 in the 1/4 mile pass. Definately a fun tune to install. It works.
Old 02-18-2023, 11:03 AM
thebert
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
Awesome! Glad to hear it fella's!! Glad you're happy with it... And yes, as Dcasole mentioned, I can always get you hooked up with a custom tune for even better performance, driveability, etc etc...

Thanks!
-Lew
Lew, I got my c7 base 2lt a few months ago. Its an automatic and when I put my foot in it and it down shifts, takes off like a bat outta hell she spits and pops in between gears. I have a diablo tuner from my c6 base I was gonna sell and get a new one (its old), I dont know which one and cant go look because I am currently offshore at work. Im wondering if this is something that can be tuned out by you guys and if I would need a new tuner ( I know u need to know the model number) but just wondering if in general c6 diablo tuners work on c7 minus the actual tune that was on it for the c6.
Old 02-18-2023, 11:16 AM
bill K
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Lew are you still doing custom tunes. Thanks
Old 02-18-2023, 11:36 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by thebert
Lew, I got my c7 base 2lt a few months ago. Its an automatic and when I put my foot in it and it down shifts, takes off like a bat outta hell she spits and pops in between gears. I have a diablo tuner from my c6 base I was gonna sell and get a new one (its old), I dont know which one and cant go look because I am currently offshore at work. Im wondering if this is something that can be tuned out by you guys and if I would need a new tuner ( I know u need to know the model number) but just wondering if in general c6 diablo tuners work on c7 minus the actual tune that was on it for the c6.
Depends on what model u have

Dave
Old 02-18-2023, 01:36 PM
thebert
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks, for the reply. I found a picture of it i just so happen to take of it while cleaning out the car but no markings on it to say the model. Its an "i" version juat dont know if its the i-1000 or i-2 they look the same externally
Old 02-18-2023, 02:17 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by thebert
Thanks, for the reply. I found a picture of it i just so happen to take of it while cleaning out the car but no markings on it to say the model. Its an "i" version juat dont know if its the i-1000 or i-2 they look the same externally
post a picture if it when you can

The I3 depending on the year will tune the ECM and the TCM .

The I2 will only tune the ECM

If you are interested I have an unmarried I3 that I could sell as I had to move over to HP tuners when I added my blower

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo Sport Tuner review

Quick Reply: Diablo Sport Tuner review