Sponsored by:

Been a while, but had a question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 01:51 PM
TRUOMEGA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Been a while, but had a question

When i had my 08 C6 it was the base model and installed an NPP kit but had to get a different X pipe from a different model Vette for the NPP exhausts to fit. With the C7 base corvette... If i wanted to get an NPP exhaust, do i need to get an X pipe from a different model Vette or are the X-pipes the same on all C7's where the exhaust is a universal fit to all models. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:08 PM
JMII
Safety Car

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,349 Posts

Pretty sure the X-pipe is the same on all C7 since the NPP tricks occur in the muffler section. I don't remember having to specify anything like model, transmission or options when I bought mine.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:40 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,092 Posts

Originally Posted by TRUOMEGA
When i had my 08 C6 it was the base model and installed an NPP kit but had to get a different X pipe from a different model Vette for the NPP exhausts to fit. With the C7 base corvette... If i wanted to get an NPP exhaust, do i need to get an X pipe from a different model Vette or are the X-pipes the same on all C7's where the exhaust is a universal fit to all models. Thanks in advance.
X pipe is the same on the C7, unlike the C6 where the '08 pipe used a different angle at the rear of the intermediate pipe vs the '09 and later.

Keep in mind that the C7 NPP actuators are not vacuum operated like the C6, so the install will be different than what you did on your C6.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:23 PM
TRUOMEGA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply guys... I did notice that there was a plug on the actuator instead of a hose barb. I also noticed that just the tip of the muffler (which appears to be interchangeable) is all that is needed to be removed to install this new version of the NPP. Or am i mistaken where the whole muffler needs to be replaced. As far as wiring it up, im sure there is a doc on this site somewhere so ill just do some digging. Thanks again for the help.

Get notified of new replies

To Been a while, but had a question

Quick Reply: Been a while, but had a question