Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger side footwell water leaking??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 07:48 PM
dudesky
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Passenger side footwell water leaking??

Hello Corvette lovers,
Today it was raining pretty hard and I let my car sit outside for whole day and when I got in the car after work, I see there was water on my passenger side footwell weathertech mat.
I checked under the glove box and I saw some water droplet on the plastic piece which covers I believe AC condensation drain line? (I'm not sure)
But water droplets were very little so I don't understand how it can create a small puddle of water on the floormat???
Does anybody here had some problem with water leaking on passenger side footwell? I don't get it. I see no sign of water leaking on the windows, targa top, moldings or door trims...
This is brand new GS with only 1,200 miles and I was very disappointed...
If anyone had a same problem and have a solution, please share and it will be great.
Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
Evan Sanza (06-14-2021)
Old 12-09-2019, 08:26 PM
SingleTrackMinded
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,359 Likes on 903 Posts

I've seen this mentioned by others in the past after having their front glass replaced. My understanding was they were not installed properly. I'd take it to your dealer and have them look at it.
dudesky (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 10:09 PM
dudesky
Intermediate

So I took some pictures tonight for better understanding. I don't understand how those areas got wet??? So seat bolt, I guess water is coming from underneath of the car??? and how can my floor mat has such amount of water when I checked EVERYwhere A-pillar to windows trim molding to door moldings where I see not a single water??? Can someone please explain???
Old 12-09-2019, 10:23 PM
KCV
Pro

Received 442 Likes on 208 Posts

A visit to your dealer is in order.

Last edited by KCV; 12-09-2019 at 10:31 PM.
dudesky (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 10:43 PM
RiCorvette
Burning Brakes

Received 116 Likes on 73 Posts

Mine leaks after the Windshield was replaced (under warranty due to delamination), I now have a case started with GM since the Glass Sub Contractor and Dealer failed to remedy the problem after 2 tries.

Initially, I thought the A Pillar Weatherstripping was incorrectly installed - now I think there is a gap along the top edge of the windshield near the A pillar.

My Passenger side A Pillar inside trim and footwell were soaked after recent heavy rains.
dudesky (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 10:48 PM
4thC4at60
Le Mans Master

Received 2,934 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Dealer
dudesky (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 10:52 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,764 Likes on 5,617 Posts

That's a considerable leak. Take it to the dealer and let's hope it's just the windshield, as that's a simply fix.
dudesky (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 11:07 PM
dudesky
Intermediate

Thank you everyone for replying. But what I don't understand is, if it was the front windshield that is letting water leaking in, wouldn't further front of carpet be wet not under passenger seat?? Because my A-Pillar is completely dry?? Dealer is the last place I would like to visit after I try my best to fix the issue by myself since I never had good experience with dealers in my life...
BYYEEEE (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 11:40 PM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Originally Posted by dudesky
Thank you everyone for replying. But what I don't understand is, if it was the front windshield that is letting water leaking in, wouldn't further front of carpet be wet not under passenger seat?? Because my A-Pillar is completely dry?? Dealer is the last place I would like to visit after I try my best to fix the issue by myself since I never had good experience with dealers in my life...
Not necessarily, as just with leaking building roof, it may be leaking in one spot, yet the water may only show 10' away from the leak.
dudesky (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 11:45 PM
dudesky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
Not necessarily, as just with leaking building roof, it may be leaking in one spot, yet the water may only show 10' away from the leak.
I see. Do you know what is under the glove box on our C7 Vettes? I see a plastic cover but I noticed there was water build up and dripping. Maybe there is an AC condensation drain like previous gen Vettes and I saw many had water leaking problems with AC condensation drain tube.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:07 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

I see. Do you know what is under the glove box on our C7 Vettes? I see a plastic cover but I noticed there was water build up and dripping. Maybe there is an AC condensation drain like previous gen Vettes and I saw many had water leaking problems with AC condensation drain tube.
We do have an AC condensation drain tube in that general area. You may hear a sizzling sound during the summer where it's draining onto and evaporating on your exhaust manifold pipe.
However, since you noticed the issue during a hard rain, it's most likely a rain water leak as opposed to condensation.
dudesky (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 12:17 AM
1FINE99
Melting Slicks

Received 273 Likes on 159 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I have owned Lincoln Town Cars that the passenger side floor was getting wet after a rain or washing . Come to find out the drain tube under the hood that drains the water when it comes down your windshield and goes onto your cowl was plugged up from debris . The town cars drain tube is on the passenger side under the hood and has a little flap on it . Maybe our vetts are the same way .
dudesky (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 09:34 AM
dudesky
Intermediate

So I checked again this morning one more time, water in UNDER passenger seat. I don't see any carpet wet except under passenger seat. How? Are there any holes other than seat bolts that outside water can get in??? ONLY UNDER passenger side seat. I really don't understand. I mean I drove pass a few puddles last night because it was raining hard, so I assume maybe somehow water found its way in under passenger side seat???
Old 12-10-2019, 09:39 AM
TXshaggy
Drifting

Received 1,093 Likes on 608 Posts

Ensure your underhood drain lines are clear...if those become blocked water will enter the car. Google procedure and location.
dudesky (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

So I checked again this morning one more time, water in UNDER passenger seat. I don't see any carpet wet except under passenger seat. How? Are there any holes other than seat bolts that outside water can get in??? ONLY UNDER passenger side seat. I really don't understand. I mean I drove pass a few puddles last night because it was raining hard, so I assume maybe somehow water found its way in under passenger side seat???
I don't understand as you say it's only wet under the passenger seat, however the photos your posted last night should water in multiple areas including all over your p/s side floor mat?
dudesky (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 09:52 AM
dudesky
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
I don't understand as you say it's only wet under the passenger seat, however the photos your posted last night should water in multiple areas including all over your p/s side floor mat?
Yes I understand it is very confusing. But main part of soaking is under the passenger seat. When I put my hand in under the passenger seat this morning, there was good amount of water soaked. So I believe those water started to follow and shown front part of carpet under the seat. So I believe water started under the seat then it developed to surrounding areas. I know the situation is very frustrating and I'm trying my best to find out how water got in under my passenger seat.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:19 PM
dudesky
Intermediate

So today rain is pouring again, and I purposely took my car to work to see if it is leaking again. So far so good. I don't see any water leaking from windshield, under dash, door windows or targa top. Maybe water somehow found the way to get in from bottom of the car since our cars are very low to the ground and maybe factory didn't seal seams or holes enough. I will report back when I get home tonight.
beaversstonehaven (12-10-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger side footwell water leaking??

Old 12-10-2019, 07:50 PM
dudesky
Intermediate

Ok, so I came home now, checked EVERYWHERE thoroughly, NOT EVEN A SINGLE WATER can be found! Not even a single water droplet! I can't believe it. It was pouring too tonight. So I can conclude that my targa top is sealed good, front windshield has no issue at all, AC condensation drain hose is good, cowel drain is good, windows' weather seals are good and doors' weather seals are also good too. I wouldn't stop worrying now because I will have to see and check more over times if the problem persists but so far so good. Maybe when I was passing puddle of water the other night, somehow water found its way to leak in through floor board (Which doesn't make sense either because GM shouldn't make a car like that, it is a Corvette...). I will try to drive as much as I can when rain pours again to see if the problem is remained. Meanwhile thank you everyone who tried to help!
Old 12-17-2019, 08:39 PM
dudesky
Intermediate

So today it rained, I parked outside, no problem. However, I put AC and heater together way back home, and I saw very small amount of water droplet under passenger footwell coming down from a plastic panel under glove box. Does anyone knows what's inside in there? I really have no idea where this water droplets are coming from. AC condensation???
Old 12-17-2019, 08:50 PM
SingleTrackMinded
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,359 Likes on 903 Posts

Your car is covered under warranty, why not take it to your dealer and let them sort this out?
dudesky (12-17-2019)

Quick Reply: Passenger side footwell water leaking??