Sponsored by:

Envy, curiosity or just plain ignorant

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 03:19 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by golden2husky
Turn violent? Sure - you find somebody intentionally damaging your car and you beat the living **** out of them, fair enough. Maybe they will think...blah...blah...blah...
You are over thinking this matter with your very active imagination.

Last edited by MMD; 09-17-2019 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:29 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Originally Posted by golden2husky
Turn violent? Sure - you find somebody intentionally damaging your car and you beat the living **** out of them, fair enough. Maybe they will think twice next time. But pulling out a pistol and shooting them...not exactly a reasonable and measured response...There are other ways to take care of business.
hey...where did the bullsh#& go about the glue and all that other funny stuff? Really should back off all that weed you're puffing. That was getting funny though. Do you write fiction?...comedy???
Old 09-17-2019, 04:01 PM
w0rM
Pro

Received 336 Likes on 154 Posts

I tend to park way out in parking lots because there's no reason to expect someone gives a crap about my property. People are busy and they don't always pay attention so door dings and such are a reality of life.

I'm not going to lie, it annoys when someone parks right next to me in an empty open parking lot. People do it because they know it makes the owner angry. There's just no reason to do it unless you're leaving a space between cars. Unfortunately we live in a world were people will gladly go out of their way to **** someone off just because they can.

I live my life going out of my way to respect other people and their property. I worked really hard to buy my car so I'm protective of it. If that makes me an *******, then so be it.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:06 PM
Gnarley Z51
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey, let's get back to parking safely!
Old 09-17-2019, 04:47 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Originally Posted by w0rM
I tend to park way out in parking lots because there's no reason to expect someone gives a crap about my property. People are busy and they don't always pay attention so door dings and such are a reality of life.

I'm not going to lie, it annoys when someone parks right next to me in an empty open parking lot. People do it because they know it makes the owner angry. There's just no reason to do it unless you're leaving a space between cars. Unfortunately we live in a world were people will gladly go out of their way to **** someone off just because they can.

I live my life going out of my way to respect other people and their property. I worked really hard to buy my car so I'm protective of it. If that makes me an *******, then so be it.
No dude...you're not an Ahole for wanting to take care of your vehicle. Those people that want to screw with you are the Aholes.
The following users liked this post:
w0rM (09-17-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 10:44 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by owc6
Me either, but when you walk out of Walmart and see this, you just have to laugh.

at least one side is well protected.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:49 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,191 Likes on 2,681 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
at least one side is well protected.
Define "well." The driver had to stumble off the stairs in the direction of my car.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:09 AM
Double Aught
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

This happens to me when driving the Tundra or the Firehawk. I would hope that the person that parks RIGHT NEXT TO ME is also wanting to protect their car from unwanted dings and dents.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:48 AM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Received 627 Likes on 397 Posts

This really escalated quickly...
Old 09-18-2019, 11:51 AM
7spd
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 58 Posts

I've been in a similar situation. I always park next to this gold C4 but more often than not this person (believe me, I'm struggling real hard not to call them something else) decides it is ok to park their big SUV in a parking spot that is designated as COMPACT CAR ONLY right in between me and the C4. A very small part of me says they are doing it because they like Corvettes...but most of me says they are just being a d1ck and trying to **** us off.

Name:  2UIlH1Il.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  51.1 KB
Old 09-18-2019, 01:25 PM
Quietbreaker
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
So, let’s see, people who park near your beloved C7 - in a public parking lot BTW - are idiots and ********. Another person suggests vandalism. You guys give Corvette owners a really bad image.

If if you can’t handle someone parking near you without causing any damage perhaps you should stay home and wax your car again.
This. It's ridiculous that some folks are apparently so lacking in coping skills that someone parking near them is somehow that other person's fault and reason for them to get angry/irritated. Personally I find it ridiculous to assume ownership of a public parking lot space and some mythical "bubble" around that spot that you expect no one to park in. Absurd.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:20 PM
KCLARK
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
You are over thinking this matter with your very active imagination.
Originally Posted by MMD
That's why they make these babies:

Looks like you may be too if this is your go to over a parking space job you don't like! :
Sometimes the parking culprits are women who park beside you ON PURPOSE so they can see the owner from a distance before they make an approach to reel you in, but you'd come off with the BACK UP BITCH tactic and scare her to death!!!

* I'm hoping most of you do have a nice lady to ride with where the parking location doesn't make a difference! I say just park normal and let the few admirers get a closer look, its just a Vette.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:17 PM
Tonylmiller
Race Director

Received 526 Likes on 343 Posts

I always try to protect Corvettes. Even in my truck.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:37 AM
KCLARK
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

MMD: That was a damn good movie! Had me cracking up! But not as much as your sensitivity is on this forum.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:15 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Some of the posts in this thread are straight up nonsense. Completely disconnected from reality.
Any time someone overtly thwarts your ambition, without gaining anything for themselves, you should be extremely suspicious.
Only children and the very naïve don't already know this.

Last edited by PatternDayTrader; 09-19-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Envy, curiosity or just plain ignorant