Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 03:24 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,067 Likes on 984 Posts

Hey Travis, welcome!! We all may be a bit prejudiced, but you'll really like a C7.

We've have experience with 4 A8s, including 2 in C7s. Both C7s have been really good. The A8 in my wife's Denali has been great. The one in my CT6 has had issues. Had it in twice and they replaced the valve body and trans fluid. I would say it's 95% fixed, and I'm not worried about the other 5% because it's going away when our CT6V is built the week of 9/9. I like the trans a lot, got a little frustrated on the one in the caddy, but it's good now. M7? Great trans - get what you really want. If you're good with either, I would let other factors prevail.

Our GS is 3LT - no issues with the dash, but some have. No way would I ever contemplate a $3k fix if I had issues and GM wouldn't cover it (pun intended). If I couldn't get under the problem area, I'd get a bit hypo needle from a veterinarian (I'm not sure what it was really for, but he got one for me), fill it with the right glue, Inject it thru the leather in the right areas, put weight on it, and call it a day. I did that on the dash of a '55 tbird and it worked great - I knew it wasn't 100% perfect but you really had to look to see it, and I got top $ for that car when I sold it.

IMO, make a list of 'must haves' and 'wants' including model/options, the colors you would consider, which trans, etc. Then don't settle for something that doesn't meet with your 'have to haves'. You don't have to settle, there are lots of choices if you search. Best of luck!
The following users liked this post:
Gonzo (07-29-2019)
Old 07-29-2019, 03:37 PM
DugT
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by kaplana08
I seem to remember someone with a 2019 complaining about shudder so don't count the problem out. besides why even take a chance on possibly having a disaster car. For a 70k car I would never risk an 8A.
GM didn't solve the problem until February 2019 so earlier 2019 C7's didn't have the new transmission fluid. They are vulnerable to the shudder problem until they get the fluid changed.

Last edited by DugT; 07-29-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:24 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by DugT
GM didn't solve the problem until February 2019 so earlier 2019 C7's didn't have the new transmission fluid. They are vulnerable to the shudder problem until the get the fluid changed.

So, is the consensus that someone in my shoes. 2017 ZO6 with an auto, have my transmission fluid changed to the post 2/19 Transmission fluid? Just as a prophylactic measure ?

Quick Reply: What should I buy?