Sponsored by:

I watched the Reveal.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 05:40 PM
vara411
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh4GTO
If I ever leave this group it will be because of all the constant bickering.
Ya might just wanna leave the internet, then...
The following users liked this post:
BlackHellcat (07-24-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 10:22 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,768 Likes on 3,180 Posts

Weird trying to compare this gen to any previous due to the complete change of the car

When has this ever been done before? I cannot recall one time. I'm sure it has happened.. but if it did it hasn't left me with that wow moment.

From fe to me and no manual trans... subsequent to a couple early C1s... every car has offered the manual trans. Porsche still does. After they stopped briefly. .

Remember this interesting opposite result (to a degree).. the 928 was supposed to make the 911 (which was supposed to be called the 901 but fiat or someone used porsche and won) obsolete or at least replace it in end. The world said no and the 944 and 928 went away...

Because the 911 was loved because of what it was.. a rear engine car...

Now we have the vette. As American as applied pie. Front engine 2 seater optional manual trans... idk where this will go but I love the comparisons like these. Fun to see how plays out.

I have a feeling the new FE vette will be called camaro gen 7 or a completely new named 2 seater formerly the corvette. I'd be a buyer for sure.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:34 AM
BlackHellcat
Drifting

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
Weird trying to compare this gen to any previous due to the complete change of the car

When has this ever been done before? I cannot recall one time. I'm sure it has happened.. but if it did it hasn't left me with that wow moment.

From fe to me and no manual trans... subsequent to a couple early C1s... every car has offered the manual trans. Porsche still does. After they stopped briefly. .

Remember this interesting opposite result (to a degree).. the 928 was supposed to make the 911 (which was supposed to be called the 901 but fiat or someone used porsche and won) obsolete or at least replace it in end. The world said no and the 944 and 928 went away...

Because the 911 was loved because of what it was.. a rear engine car...

Now we have the vette. As American as applied pie. Front engine 2 seater optional manual trans... idk where this will go but I love the comparisons like these. Fun to see how plays out.

I have a feeling the new FE vette will be called camaro gen 7 or a completely new named 2 seater formerly the corvette. I'd be a buyer for sure.
FE Corvette is gone, folks. GM wised up.

Quick Reply: I watched the Reveal.......