C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone tried the $70 Chinese throttle controllers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 11:22 AM
Bronsonf
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Has anyone tried the $70 Chinese throttle controllers?

I'm looking for my third throttle controller and came across this $80 one on ebay (cheaper off ebay). Does anyone have any experience with these? I saw a few reviews on truck forums saying great things of about Eittar throttle boosters and one negative video. The video said is was a little jumpy at low speeds making it hard to rock climb.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-...IAAOSwPHxa6YKE

Windbooster seems to be a well respected brand in Australia, so if anyone has one, please let me know what you think of it. I saw one post on all of corvetteforum of a guy with it, but he hasn't been on in 2 years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windbooster...0AAOSwJOlc70fE

I've also been looking at pedal commander and sprint booster, but they are more expensive. (might be worth it though)

My last resort is a Cow booster since I prefer to have the option to switch between modes with a click of a button. I like to let others drive my car, but refuse to let anyone drive it in a boosted mode. He seems like a great guy and I may end up purchasing one from him.

Last edited by Bronsonf; 06-11-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:31 PM
ALEXAMES
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 41 Posts

I have no experience with the Chinese units but for an extra $100 you can buy an amazing unit from Vitesse Motorsports. They make a really high quality unit. I realize that doesn't answer your question but thought I'd add my experience.
The following 2 users liked this post by ALEXAMES:
Rebel Yell (06-11-2019), rogergcam (06-12-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 01:13 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

I don't have any knowledge to impart on a TC. But, I will say, don't short change your Corvette. It only cost a little more to go first class.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,942 Likes on 2,428 Posts

New flash. They could all be from China.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Bronsonf
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
New flash. They could all be from China.
I was kind of thinking this. Theoretically, it's such a simple device to make.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:35 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 873 Likes on 436 Posts

Pedal Commander for the WIN
Old 06-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Bronsonf
Instructor

Originally Posted by ALEXAMES
I have no experience with the Chinese units but for an extra $100 you can buy an amazing unit from Vitesse Motorsports. They make a really high quality unit. I realize that doesn't answer your question but thought I'd add my experience.
Thanks for being the first comment. I've had 2 vitesse throttle boosters on two separate corvettes and they didn't last more than a year before throwing my car into reduced engine mode and giving me a rough idle. I did the calibration by the guide and per the forums. I also had a mechanic inspect my car per their response on the forum.

Edit: My 2007 had a borla exhaust on it, nothing else. My 2014 is 100% stock.

Last edited by Bronsonf; 06-12-2019 at 03:31 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I went through two Vitesse units and they both gave my A&A setup fits after a while. The recalibration did not seem to correct the issues which included runaway throttle a couple of times that was scary. On an NA setup it behaved far better but still required the occassional recal.

I took a chance on a Sprint Booster as a replacement and it's been perfectly behaved since Day One. Also, it requires no calibration - upon installation or ever. It's a quality piece and is easier to install with a smaller footprint.
The following users liked this post:
astaggs (06-12-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 08:42 PM
Bronsonf
Instructor

Originally Posted by Patches
I went through two Vitesse units and they both gave my A&A setup fits after a while. The recalibration did not seem to correct the issues which included runaway throttle a couple of times that was scary. On an NA setup it behaved far better but still required the occassional recal.

I took a chance on a Sprint Booster as a replacement and it's been perfectly behaved since Day One. Also, it requires no calibration - upon installation or ever. It's a quality piece and is easier to install with a smaller footprint.
Thank you. This is the type of feedback I wanted to hear. I'll keep this in mind when deciding which one I'll buy next.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:24 PM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

Actually I had Vitesse first. Liked it but had some surging at low speed, as in driving thru a parking lot. A few (not many) have also noticed this. I changed to Sprint Booster and have not had any problems.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:36 AM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,830 Posts

When I was researching TC's a while back I didn't read many negative comments on the Vitesse. Interesting to hear this. Mines been problem free.

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone tried the $70 Chinese throttle controllers?

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the $70 Chinese throttle controllers?