Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 11 Posts

Just got a CPO, wish Chevy had something for us folks who got pre-owned
Old 03-05-2019, 12:07 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by DALE#3
So the deal is void after 1 yr. ownership?
Yes, and you have to be the original owner. They will work with you on dates though, the first time I went I had to re-schedule due to a death in the family, and they got me in at a later date which was well beyond the time frame. Not sure if they still do, but there used to be a discount for Corvette Forum members, worth an ask.
The following users liked this post:
DALE#3 (03-05-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 01:18 AM
dataporter
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

I took the course last week Feb 25 & 26. Fantastic! Most fun I've had in two days in a long time! I'm thinking about going back for the 3 day Level 1 course!
Bigfoot16 (03-05-2019)
Old 11-10-2023, 04:19 PM
inspectorudy
Burning Brakes

Received 336 Likes on 201 Posts

Talking about the EPS and the lack of feel, when I added it to my C2 it allowed me to completely turn it off and resort to the original steering force. I could also dial in the amount that I wanted at any time from off to totally powered. I know my car had a steering box and linkage but it made a wonderful combination concerning feel. In a car that never had mechanical steering, this was not possible but, a variable steering effort could have been incorporated at not much cost. The control box on my EPS was about 3x2x4 inches and could have been made much smaller. It really shined on the highway when any turn would be minor and the OEM feel was just right. I love technology and have more new gadgets than is decent but not every "New" thing is better than the old. Some here have a fixation on age and assume that anyone over a certain age is resisting advancement. This is wrong and as with wine or ice cream, we all have personal preferences that have nothing to do with newness. I think the C8 is a beautiful car but it is just not for me. On my C7 things like the instrument cluster are fun to play with but I end up being in sport mode 99% of the time and all of the info available is not used very often unless I get a warning like low tire pressure. I spent a career flying big jets with heads-up displays and auto-landing systems but the best thing was a manual landing in a severe crosswind. Of course, an autopilot was an absolute must because of the time involved but flying and landing manually was the best. Driving is the same way
Old 11-11-2023, 10:58 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,064 Likes on 1,372 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

^^^^^
Since the Steering Effort can be set separately from everything else, I've got ours locked in the the Sport mode regardless of what I set on the main mode control.
I don't like steering effort that changes with different suspension settings.

On our C2, I simply removed the power steering system and had straight manual. Heavy but nice.

I recall times in the B727/B737 simulators when we would be given a full hydraulic failure and controls would revert to manual. Heavy and sloppy. Usually the F/O has to muscle the airplane around while the Capt runs the checklist...
Never had to do it for real.
Old 11-14-2023, 07:08 AM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Received 3,135 Likes on 1,831 Posts

Shoulda went.Curse all the time the school comes up.
Just gonna have to buy a new Z
Old 11-16-2023, 11:44 AM
creativityset
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Though everyone of us has our own preferences, I think all of your statements are valid. That being said, I adore C7 and will always pick it over C8.
Old 11-24-2023, 02:49 PM
JMills
Drifting

Received 796 Likes on 332 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C2 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

Yeah, it’s like two pretty girls, one blonde and one brunette! Take your pic, you can’t go wrong!
Jims Z06 (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 04:23 PM
mbaessler
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 73 Posts

A small piece of advice for those that are going to the class. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT. The first 1/2 of the session thay are checking you out to see how they are going to group you later. Slower group and faster group. If you like to drive faster and you want to explore yours and the cars limits then DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT. That way they group you with the faster group and you are not stuck behind a slow driver.

Quick Reply: Ron Fellows Performance Driving School