Warranty Denied - Listen to this BS

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:23 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,671 Likes on 6,661 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
And btw, the above part in bold may explain the cost of the more expensive 3LT option which may even include a bit of eventual replacement cost while still under warranty.
FWIW, had a 3LT 2014 and never could find anything about what "soft touch" materials (which GM says is uses) were "Real Napa" leather other than the "seating surface." This was recently reinforced in a post about interior materials by a GM person who tested bolster materials and it was found "other soft torch" materials wore better then leather.

There is nothing that GM says a 3LT has "Real Leather" on other than the "seating surface." The other is either the GM coined name of Mulan "Leather" or vinyl! In that same post on interior materials a person who interviewed folks at Bowling Green found one to say what Mulan "Leather" was! It is ~40% ground leather scarps and ~60% similar to what is used to make Vinyl. It's made like vinyl with ground leather filler! You'll not find that from GM (just like Chrysler never said what Corinthian "Leather" was! However Ricardo Montalban did! It was a named coined by their ad agency, Bozell!)

In fact Vinyl may be more durable than "Mulan Leather," perhaps if "Mulan" is used on 3LTs for "other than seating surfaces versus vinyl on 1 and 2LT's is why there are more issues!

Last edited by JerryU; 10-29-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:52 PM
VENOM ACR
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Riverdog
I don't have a dog in this fight over the black wheels pitting, scratching,etc., since I have chrome wheels on my C6; but how some your posters are calmly willing to pay additional money to have your "already-paid-extra-for-as-an-option" black wheels dismounted and then powder coated just amazes me! I've spent considerable money on after-market items for my car, but at the price points Corvettes sell for I think it's reasonable for a buyer to expect a high level of quality in the factory finish of ALL parts of the car, wheels included, so that they would not need to be refinished/repainted after only a few thousand miles of use. Hopefully the new "paint shop" in Bowling Green is putting out better paint jobs on the car bodies, but perhaps GM should get on their wheel suppliers' case(s) about the finish quality of their products.
Thank you! I have 75K mile GMC terrain and wheels look brand new. Here's an $84K sports car and wheels look terrible. To me its a cheap paint job and not enough clear coat. I guess that's just Chevy quality for ya.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:34 PM
Slynky
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
This was explained by Bill Dearborn and others in earlier posts. If you take the wheels off a Z51 and above equipped C7 and examine the brake cooling ducts, you'll see exactly how air is directed at the wheels/brakes from behind and understand how rocks and gravel could be directed through the wheels by the high velocity airflow.

Obviously, your 370Z was not similarly equipped with what is considered to be a superior design for brake cooling reasons. The C7 was built to be a handling performance car, not garage art.
You mean my 370Z wasn't a performance car?! (LOL...just kidding).

Well, I'm no physics genius but isn't the air cooling the breaks coming in from the top? I mean, it's not like the air is being force upward to the brakes from ground level being blown over street-level pebbles, debris, etc. (scratches head)

BUT, if I understand, my wheels should be OK--I'm in a wimpy Stingray and my vents are blocked off so... I should be fine, right?
Old 10-29-2018, 11:25 PM
arturobandini
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Maxie2U:
You could try using a hair dryer to get the wrinkles out. I’ve used that technique on leather sofas and it works.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:54 PM
vettes269
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

My dash is being replaced on my 2017 GS 3lt which also sat in the NC sun from Jan 2017 to Dec 2017 and had started delaminating. My Service Advisor Teresa stated no problem they will replace the dash. They also replaced the drivers door panel which showed some small spots on the grab bar that had been scratched from fingernails. My car is in the shop as we speak. Will probably pick it up tomorrow. They are also flushing the A8 trans. as well. I believe it is the dealers option on situations like this. The day I bought the $86K car I ask about the door panel and the sales manager told me "no" but the service advisor stated she would take care of it and she did!!!! Some dealers are more appreciative of your business than others. Each time I go in I always leave the car and they give me a loaner with no problems.
Hats off to Reed Lallier Chevrolet and Teresa in Fayetteville, NC!! HOOAH!!

Quick Reply: Warranty Denied - Listen to this BS