Sponsored by:

Night Race Blue - Stay Clean?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 08:39 AM
Black03vert
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Night Race Blue - Stay Clean?

I have a black C5 and a black Silverado. Both are instantly dirty after cleaning them, shows every little swirl mark and dust. Does night race blue metallic stay cleaner than black? Does it show little imperfections like swirl marks or tiny scratches?
Old 07-28-2018, 08:49 AM
k_arnold
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 46 Posts

I have a 2014 NRB 'vert and I swear it hides some dust and light dirt. I have heard the same from other NRB owners. Something about the metal flake seems to mask some limited amount of dust etc. It shows splashes and dirt like any other dark-colored car, but for just running around the streets for a few dry days it looks very good with just the basic dust and dirt that can accumulate. A minute with a California Duster and it looks new. The color is awesome in bright sunlight too!

Last edited by k_arnold; 07-28-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:50 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

I have a black C-5 and a Night Race Blue C-7. both easily show finger prints and smudges. The NRB doesn't show as bad as the black. I had my C-5 ceramic coated, which helps a lot. My C-7 has a clear wrap on the front end which also helps a bit. Driving in the rain with the C-5, it doesn't seem to get near as dirty as before. A quick hose off and drying and it looks great again. The ceramic seems to shed water so fast that water spots don't form. The NRB C-7 doesn't spot like the black C-5 did before coating.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:02 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,778 Likes on 3,186 Posts

I love that color. Who cares when the reward is so gratifying lol.

buy what makes you happy and face your fears.

although having said that...... my gray Corvette shows nothing ever and my Sierra is black and never looks clean... ever...

- if you have OCD you have to stay away from dark color vehicles or learn to get over it (I'm the latter...and it feels great finally)...
Old 07-28-2018, 09:03 AM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

NRB is far easier to keep clean than Black, but it won't be confused with Silver or Yellow (the two easiest colors to keep clean).
Old 07-28-2018, 09:24 PM
Black03vert
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

This is awesome feedback. I put on about 6k miles a year on my vette and the black C5 is just constantly dirty. I love the dark colors so maybe NRBM will be my next one!
Old 07-28-2018, 09:42 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

NRB will show dust after a while.
Definitely better than black.
Nowhere near as dirt concealing as my Cyber Gray C6. My motto then was "I wash it once a year whether it needed it or not". And would get compliments from people who weren't too lcose.

The big value of NRB, when reasonably clean, is the compliments it gets on a sunny day. At today's Cleveland Cars n Coffee, I had two people come up to the car and compliment the paint. Does need bright sun to get the metallic to show.

Next cool factor is it changes color in different light. People have thought it was purple, black, gray and then blue.

Great color while still being subtle.

Get notified of new replies

To Night Race Blue - Stay Clean?

Quick Reply: Night Race Blue - Stay Clean?