Sponsored by:

Try being content - don't be a hater!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 12:26 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,669 Likes on 8,312 Posts

You are really really a piece of work.

Last edited by Foosh; 05-04-2018 at 12:27 AM.
The following 8 users liked this post by Foosh:
BaconWrappedSushi (05-07-2018), beaversstonehaven (05-05-2018), DALE#3 (05-05-2018), JimNeedsC7 (05-04-2018), Kevin A Jones (05-04-2018), oyealiz (05-04-2018), rv3flyr (05-04-2018), Woodson (05-04-2018) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-04-2018, 12:34 AM
Silver C7
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
If one has not studied the LT differences, then they have no basis to choose a 1LT over a 2LT or 3LT.

Many folks run right out and buy a new C7 long before ever considering the differing options. That's a hard fact.

I'm a very seasoned Corvette fan and a previous new (C3) buyer. I decided to take my time in weighing the different options available Nationally when deliberating the purchase of my new Corvette.

Without base lines and benchmarks, you would never know what equipment you would or wouldn't want your new OR used C7 outfitted.

As I stated, I'm extremely pleased to have spent the due diligence in making my choice, ALL things considered!
Joe I say this not to argue, but to state my truth. The first Corvette I ever sat in was a Daytona Sunset Metallic Coupe with Kalahari interior at the 2015 New York International Auto Show. The car had the 2LT trim level. I’ve posted pictures of it in the past. While it was at least 6 months before I got my hands open a catalogue, which I still have, I was well versed on models, trim levels, packages, even insurance, to know and get exactly what I wanted. On 9-16-16 I drove my base Stingray home, I still have the smile on my face.

True, not all folks know what they’re getting until they have it. But in my case, I was going from 15 years of Mercedes sedans to a very different class of car. I was not at all interested in “buyers remorse” so I studied to get the right fit and for me it was a base Corvette Stingray Coupe.

I mentioned in another post, at Spring Mountain we all drove 2LT ‘Vette’s, I haven’t missed a single feature from the car I drove for those two wonderful days.

Last edited by Silver C7; 05-04-2018 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:53 AM
555ctsv
Burning Brakes

Received 785 Likes on 340 Posts

You obviously didn't read or understand my previous Post #15.

Look up the word; "preferred." You might learn something new here.
Lmfao you losers probably "prefer" a 3LZ... I'd prefer a Bugatti Chiron

#Sarcasm
Old 05-04-2018, 12:55 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,831 Likes on 5,642 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
You can argue until you are blue in the face, but all that matters are the sales numbers. That's the only meaningful measure of preference.
Foosh, no use in auguring with this guy. In skid Row Joe's mind the only C7 worth purchasing is an arctic white, base Stingray 3LT with M7 like he chose.

He just can't seem to accept the fact that other C7 enthusiasts prefer other models/options/features/equipment than he does.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he is the 'hater' referred to in the opening post.

Last edited by Kevin A Jones; 05-04-2018 at 01:00 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by Kevin A Jones:
befree2spin (05-07-2018), CocoVette (05-07-2018), Foosh (05-04-2018), JimNeedsC7 (05-04-2018), ricks327 (05-04-2018), rv3flyr (05-04-2018), Woodson (05-04-2018) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-04-2018, 01:52 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by befree2spin
Recently read a post where a forum member had a nice 15, 1LT for sale. Car looked really good and the price was excellent - low 40s. Someone on the forum responded with "Overpriced, no one wants a base 1LT". In my opinion, this is an example of what is wrong with our society.
IMHO, what is wrong with our society is people who apparently get upset when somebody has an opinion that they don't share. That guy has a right to his opinion too that nobody wants a base LT1 for that price - even if he's wrong. But here you're admonishing him for having an opinion.

First of all, the car sold almost immediately so that rude comment was not true! We live in a world where many people are never satisfied and feel the need to bring others down.
If you look at it you are Mr. Kettle calling the pot black. You are putting this guy down. How is that not exactly what you declare is what's wrong with society and yet you're doing the same thing. You are putting this guy down as rude for having the opinion that this car is overpriced. Again, pot, kettle, black.

First of all, a C7 corvette is an awesome car and we are lucky to be able to drive one. Sure there are various models at various price points that appeal to a wide variety of people.
Everybody is at different places in their lives. Starving people in Africa would kill to have a decent clunker but we'd call it a clunker. It's all relative.

What matters is that the person buying the vehicle is happy.
Correction: What matters to the person buying the car is that he's happy. It's not what matters to everybody.

In fact, I suspect that many people who buy a base car can afford the higher end vettes, but are content with what they have and appreciate the fantastic value, excitement and fun these cars offer!
I beg to differ. I've had 4 vettes. My first was an 85. It was used and pretty cheap. I didn't know much about vettes other than I like how they looked and they were sporty. My next was a 91. Liked that too. Then I leased a 2008. I didn't know about nor research it much. I think it was only an LT1. Now I have a 2016. I spend a lot of time researching it and getting all the bells and whistles that I wanted. I know the differences between the LT1, 2 and 3, etc. Ended up buying it in cash so no payments. But I didn't get a Z06 because it was a lot more money and I guess I could have taken out a loan but I didn't want to.

If a Z06 owner said to me "Nobody wants a Z51 for that price, yada, yada" I would not walk away saying "You know you're what wrong with society today" rather I'd think "well that's your opinion". And I would definitely not come over to this forward to admonish a guy for having that opinion.

I also suspect there are some people who buy more than they can afford, stick their noses in the air and make stupid comments as the one noted here. This forum is awesome! Don't be a hater - try being content!
I always love how people just assume that other people are sticking their noses up in the air. How do you get inside those other people's heads to ascertain that that is actually the case? Don't you think it's possible that people who lay out a lot of money for all the bells and whistles are content instead of stuck up? That's might presumptuous of you.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:28 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,063 Posts

Very well said befree2spin! As an aside I chose a 1LT because the options offered in the 2 and 3 would not have been used in my particular case. So why spend the money? I have had previous vehicles with similar options and they were wasted on me. But the reality is we have a great car and have choices.
The following 2 users liked this post by joemessman:
befree2spin (05-07-2018), Rebel Yell (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 03:57 AM
Pineapple
Burning Brakes

Received 796 Likes on 381 Posts

Well said OP! The point the OP is trying make is don't hate on other peoples car.

Just earlier today, someone posted a pic of of his black GS wheels asking if they're painted or powdercoated. Then someone replied about how the black GS wheels are the ugliest things ever. I mean seriously, why post something so hateful?
The following 2 users liked this post by Pineapple:
befree2spin (05-07-2018), oyealiz (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 06:51 AM
Schazaam
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by befree2spin
Recently read a post where a forum member had a nice 15, 1LT for sale. Car looked really good and the price was excellent - low 40s. Someone on the forum responded with "Overpriced, no one wants a base 1LT". In my opinion, this is an example of what is wrong with our society. First of all, the car sold almost immediately so that rude comment was not true! We live in a world where many people are never satisfied and feel the need to bring others down. First of all, a C7 corvette is an awesome car and we are lucky to be able to drive one. Sure there are various models at various price points that appeal to a wide variety of people. What matters is that the person buying the vehicle is happy. In fact, I suspect that many people who buy a base car can afford the higher end vettes, but are content with what they have and appreciate the fantastic value, excitement and fun these cars offer! I also suspect there are some people who buy more than they can afford, stick their noses in the air and make stupid comments as the one noted here. This forum is awesome! Don't be a hater - try being content!
Very true. It's not hard to be nice. Well, to some it might be. To be mean spirited is like a drug to some. They get off on it. I see/hear it all the time at my work. Customer comes to ask a legit question and out comes some vile crap from one of our new workers. And I know it's coming as it's not hard to peg these guys. Then they want to blame others on why they get canned. Maybe one day they'll get it....nah!
Old 05-04-2018, 07:46 AM
danh63
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I noticed not only on this forum but others some people come off with comments that make me think "why would you say that" Example someone shows what they did to their car and all of a sudden someone will say " I don't like or that looks bad" I wonder why make that comment? If I don't like something I just move on. At what point is making the negative comment good
The following 3 users liked this post by danh63:
befree2spin (05-07-2018), gumbo2000 (05-04-2018), Rangerdog1 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 08:08 AM
FCento
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a 3LT. I never used the hud, Im old school, I always looked to the gauges. I was the only one that drove it and never used the auto exit, it was too slow. I live in Florida so never used the heated seats. When I was shopping I wanted the 1LT. Cost wasn't an issue either.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

I special ordered my 2015, 1LT. There is nothing in the 2LT, nor 3LT packages that I wanted, or would use.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:45 AM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

1LTs, are not the preferred trim level. That's not debatable.

If the car was overpriced in some folks opinion - then it was overpriced.

No one with a 2LT or 3LT, ever stated that they wished they had a 1LT.

If you're not happy with or reading others opinions/assessments, then you may be disappointed here.

I disagree with your second point. In any sales transaction it does not matter in the least if an item is overpriced in "some folks opinion" or even most folks opinion. You only need one willing buyer who does not think it's overpriced, and is willing to pay, and you have a sale. Anything less, you gave up profit. The balance is always the amount of time you have to sell, and how hard it is to find that person who is willing to pay.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:40 AM
born2beS12
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

No, I'm not mistaken. The 1LT, is not the "preferred" trim level. It is what the Chev. dealers are ordering.

What trim level do you prefer? You certainly didn't buy or prefer the 1LT.

Certainly not the 1LT. The 1LT may be the sales leader, but it is not the "preferred" trim level leader.

No 2LT OR 3LT C7 owner ever stated that they wished they'd of bought the 1LT.

I actually preferred the 1LT due to the fact it had less options and only included the "stuff" i actually needed

If one has not studied the LT differences, then they have no basis to choose a 1LT over a 2LT or 3LT.

Many folks run right out and buy a new C7 long before ever considering the differing options. That's a hard fact.

I'm a very seasoned Corvette fan and a previous new (C3) buyer. I decided to take my time in weighing the different options available Nationally when deliberating the purchase of my new Corvette.

Without base lines and benchmarks, you would never know what equipment you would or wouldn't want your new OR used C7 outfitted.

As I stated, I'm extremely pleased to have spent the due diligence in making my choice, ALL things considered!
Again I knew everything that was included and not included in each trim level and what was optioned outside of each trim when I bought my GS. The 1LT is the lightest trim of the three due to the lack of electronic weight of the 2/3LT cars. this was a huge factor due to wanting to track the car and not needed the extra comforts.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:22 AM
carsnpars
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Hater

skid row joe, I think the OP was talking to people like you! You can have a comment without it coming off as an insult
The following 2 users liked this post by carsnpars:
Kevin A Jones (05-04-2018), rodsib (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 10:45 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by carsnpars
skid row joe, I think the OP was talking to people like you! You can have a comment without it coming off as an insult
Totally AGREE, if I don't have anything constructive to add to a post I move on. Lot of commedians and knot heads on these forums. This is one reason why guys don't post for fear of being torched. Uncalled for. Play nice. Have a big weekend gentlemen.
The following 3 users liked this post by bjones7131:
befree2spin (05-07-2018), cdnrx1 (05-04-2018), gumbo2000 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 10:45 AM
fourmat
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

Here is what I know everybody who has purchased a C7 regardless of model, trim level, color, or mods thinks it is the perfect car for them and it is, I always try to respect that. I have seen posts on here of things I think are beautiful and things I think are terrible.
I always revert back to if you have nothing nice to say-say nothing.
The forum is no different than any other I have been on, there are people just waiting to flame you no matter what you post guess its the nature of the beast, however there are people on here that legitimately try to help and that's why I belong.
Now back into the shadows
Old 05-04-2018, 10:58 AM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

There is no question that 1LT "wins" when you just look at the numbers, but like all statistics, there is often something else BEHIND the raw numbers themselves. In this case I have a sneaking suspicion that it is the dealers' ordering preferences. When you look at dealer inventories, there is a preponderance of 1LT black interiors. Now, you can say, well, the dealer orders those because he knows that is what will sell, so it doesn't matter. I can appreciate the point, but it is a simplistic one. The dealer also influences sales by his available inventory. If you participate in this forum you are likely very knowledgeable about the various options and categories, but there is a whole other group of buyers out there whose car buying method is to go to a lot and pick a car from what is available. They do very little "research" the way you or I would, and if you know anything about sales, the job of the salesperson is to "put you on" a car you really do not want to walk away from. It's an emotional issue. I had a salesman woefully say to me once after a failed sale, "I should have put you on {the other car}. So if a dealer will only order white, red, and black cars "because they sell," then your "choice" will be among these "popular" colors because there are no Long Beach Red or blue cars to choose. Most dealers have two or three corvettes in stock at any given time. They are not MacMulkin or Furman where your choice is greater. The point is that what we have is "customer preferred" versus "dealer preferred" and we simply do not have a breakdown between those two vastly different ways of choosing a preference. So Joe isn't really wrong here. He just has a different perspective, but rather than acknowledge that and saying, "That's a different way of looking at it," you are all hating on him. So rather than squashing a minority point of view, perhaps you could go back to the OP and review his original point.

Last edited by mschuyler; 05-04-2018 at 10:59 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mschuyler:
Corgidog1 (05-04-2018), Steve_R (05-04-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Try being content - don't be a hater!

Old 05-04-2018, 11:40 AM
red62vette
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 152 Posts

I prefer a 1LT GS M7, and I could have any Vette I want.

But on the original point of the thread. I agree. Sometimes I decide not to read the forum because all the complaining can bum me out. People complain about the leather, the paint, the stereo. I think it's a damn nice car and I enjoy it.
The following users liked this post:
befree2spin (05-07-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,367 Likes on 791 Posts

1LTs, are not the preferred trim level. That's not debatable.

If the car was overpriced in some folks opinion - then it was overpriced.

No one with a 2LT or 3LT, ever stated that they wished they had a 1LT.

If you're not happy with or reading others opinions/assessments, then you may be disappointed here.

Can we get rid of this guy already? You drive a 20 year old Mercedes and you look down your nose at anyone who didn't buy the same trim level as you did on your C7, which is the first new car you've bought it 40 years. You are a hypocritical a-hole.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:43 PM
jtranger
Melting Slicks

Received 149 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by carsnpars
^^ You are exactly right! He took the bait that the OP threw out. Foosh actually presented the facts. A lot of people can only afford a base car with 1LT and that is why Chevy offers it..nothing wrong with those who choose them, and there are a lot who do.

Probably need to close this now worthless post

Last edited by jtranger; 05-04-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Try being content - don't be a hater!