Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a Corporate Fleet Vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 10:13 AM
vettnut
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default What is a Corporate Fleet Vehicle?

I found several of these cars for sale.
Would you buy one?
The corvette looks like new.
Of course the salesman says that a GM exec drive it. Right
I told him maybe everyone that worked there drove it on the GM track?
Who Knows
The privacy act screws us consumers again.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:20 AM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Also known as Captured Test Fleet cars. CTF cars are manufacturing validation build saleable vehicles that GM builds to confirm both the manufacturing process and quality standards before dealer orders are accepted. They are driven by GM engineers and corporate staff and then usually auctioned off to dealers later.

Corvette Sales & Incentives

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 11-07-2017 at 08:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (11-07-2017)
Old 11-07-2017, 11:06 AM
LapU
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It usually means it is coming off of a lease.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:09 AM
vettnut
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
Also known as Captured Test Fleet cars. CTF cars are manufacturing validation build saleable vehicles that GM builds to confirm both the manufacturing process and quality standards before dealer orders are accepted. They are driven by GM engineers and corporate staff and then usually auctioned off to dealers later.
Thanks for the reply.
I googled this phrase and it said that it could be a rental company vehicle or owned by any Company used as a fleet vehicle. Id like to work for a company like that.

Again, would you buy that vehicle?
Was it cared for like someones treasured corvette?
Probably not.
Thanks
Old 11-07-2017, 11:41 AM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by vettnut
Thanks for the reply.
I googled this phrase and it said that it could be a rental company vehicle or owned by any Company used as a fleet vehicle. Id like to work for a company like that.

Again, would you buy that vehicle?
Was it cared for like someones treasured corvette?
Probably not.
Thanks
I think you answered your own question.

Old 11-07-2017, 12:19 PM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

I bought one. It was driven about 6 months by a GM manager in Grapevine and was actually serviced at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine. It had 5K miles on it and it is perfect, just like new. The window sticker was never installed and was in the trunk along with the never used (still in the wrapper) battery tender and license plate brackets. Even though I purchased it from a dealer in Oklahome, I was able to do the car fax and find out it was used in DFW area. There is a SUV assembly plant in Grapevine, which is between Dallas and Fort Worth.

Last edited by crawfish333; 11-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:30 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I think it really depends on....luck. You can get a great one, or one that is destined to have an earlier demise than whatever might be considered normal. My thought is, if I can avoid it, I will. I've recently watched and seen another make where the dealer who gets them regularly used to NOT put a certified pre owned on the car. When I asked why not, they said it's because it's a "factory-used" car. Meaning, they don't trust it to have been carefully used even if serviced properly. Since then, someone at the dealer decided to certify the cars that are listed in CarFax as corporate, not personal use vehicles. Interesting.

I also used to know very, very well how rental cars were used, abused and non-maintained. Some of that has changed, but more recently Corvettes have been in the Hertz fleet and have come up for sale. Are they all dogs---well, I would've avoided them. But a person now in C7 bought a Hertz C6 w. about 50K miles on it. She proceeded to put a total of about 274K miles on the car with very, very little parts repair, just replacement of worn out parts like tires, pads, etc. Yes, that is a one-of-one incident, but still.....it makes you wonder---maybe they're not so bad after all.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:58 PM
PobreWey
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

My last car was a previous rental that was auctioned. It had 4900 miles on it and based on that I determined no matter how hard it was driven that amount of miles wouldn't scare me. I ended up saving $6500 from it. (8k canadian)

You have to really judge the miles, check the carfax (or in my case car proof) and do a test drive and visual inspection.

Also I will never buy a used car unless it's from a brand name dealer. I don't trust any other used car sales departments or auctions.

Last edited by PobreWey; 11-07-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:20 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by PobreWey
My last car was a previous rental that was auctioned. It had 4900 miles on it
That seems strange...why would a rental car company sell off such a low mileage vehicle?
Old 11-07-2017, 02:01 PM
PobreWey
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DWS44
That seems strange...why would a rental car company sell off such a low mileage vehicle?
a lot of them go by the year. Mine was an Enterprise rent a car 2015 v6 mustang. I ended up putting 20,000 miles on it so whatever reason it was, it wasn't a bad one. Guessing they have 2017 and 2018's now and have likely auctioned off their 2016's now.

Last edited by PobreWey; 11-07-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:24 PM
onyx_z71
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
I've noticed that a lot of these cars are easily recognizable by the VIN.

The last 6 digits of the VIN are the production sequence number, and if it starts with a "0", then they are not regular production vehicles built to a dealer order. Most standard Corvettes and GS are a "1", Z06 is a "6", and a special like collector GS, a "3" for example.

Get notified of new replies

To What is a Corporate Fleet Vehicle?

Quick Reply: What is a Corporate Fleet Vehicle?