Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2014 stringray is having issues going to sleep and not being able to start

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 10:48 PM
boterre2471
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2014 stringray is having issues going to sleep and not being able to start

My Stingray locks the doors and sometimes when you try to enter or start it wether you remotely start, acts like you have a dead battery. The alarm light is working and the battery is charged. You can use either remote And it does the same thing, nothing but in the next 5 to 10 minutes it will wake up and everything is fine. I brought it to the dealership and they keep it for two weeks and said they couldn't find anything wrong but tried to sell me a new remote. I thanked them but tried to explain to them that both remotes can't be bad. They don't have an answer. Any help is appreciated.

Bobby
Old 09-10-2017, 03:18 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,191 Likes on 2,681 Posts

Is the car battery original? If so, first thing I would do is replace the battery.

Our C7s are just now starting to show what wonkiness might crop up when the battery is dying (never mind the supposedly good reading on it, IMO), so not much data or stories to relate, yet, but I'm sure some odd behaviors will become commonplace as our cars' batteries age.

If you do replace it, tell us if it cures it.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (09-11-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 05:21 PM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Received 336 Likes on 238 Posts

I had the same issue in my 2014. Replaced battery in both fobs. Problem solved.
The following 2 users liked this post by TNSQUIRE:
JerryU (09-11-2017), JimNeedsC7 (09-10-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Replace all the batteries, FOB's & car. The car battery could show charged, but still have a weak or bad cell. As Lisa said, these cars go nuts with a weak battery. Good luck.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:43 PM
Lonegun
Advanced

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Wife's 2014 Convertible was doing the same thing. Turned out to be the fob batteries, $7 @ Walgreens. The battery for the car is at the end of warranty anyhow so we're having it checked as well. I do hate folks touching my cars though...
Old 09-11-2017, 01:51 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,655 Likes on 6,652 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonegun
Wife's 2014 Convertible was doing the same thing. Turned out to be the fob batteries, $7 @ Walgreens. The battery for the car is at the end of warranty anyhow so we're having it checked as well. I do hate folks touching my cars though...
FWIW, good thought with the battery! Reports of dealer's tearing the carpet getting the rug out from the right rear wheel well cover! Not hard as the carpet is not bound!

Changing the battery is not easy either or getting access when jumping! The AAA guy will surly rip the carpet!

My suggestion is to pop off the lower rear clip on the plastic wheel well cover before pulling the carpet out. no need to remove the top fasteners just that rear clip. Pops right back in with the side of your hand. (Note wood in pic was only to take the picture. Just pull the carpet out with one hand while holding the plastic cover with the other.)

Also chaged the battery in my 2014 and this is a PDF with some tricks: http://netwelding.com/Battery_Issues.pdf

If you're going to a dealer or auto supply, you could pop the lower clips first! Could even pull the carpet out!

Clip is about 3 inches up from carpet. Can pull off with your fingers or use a screwdriver (or plastic trim tool if you have them) but a screwdriver tip would only be sliding on the carpet. Note the untrimmed carpet edge.

Last edited by JerryU; 09-11-2017 at 01:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Lonegun (09-11-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To My 2014 stringray is having issues going to sleep and not being able to start

Quick Reply: My 2014 stringray is having issues going to sleep and not being able to start