Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 01:58 PM
richscorvettes
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by richscorvettes
Sorry for the delay in responding. I just saw your question.

I believe I got the rollers from MSC Direct. I just checked their web site and saw their part #36088144 which is 13 inches in width and 1&3/8 diameter which is what I used. They carry quite a few sizes in various widths and diameters. Mine came with a bracket which made mounting them to the aluminum plate I made very easy.

Hope this helps.

Rich
I've been searching to see if I could find the source where I purchased our rollers. Finally found the shipping order from April, 2012 and it was from Amazon of all places. I checked the part number to see if was still available and found that it isn't any longer.

However, I did find another one available from Amazon by searching for "roller and bracket" and found this one which also includes the bracket:
Amazon Amazon

It's 13 3/4" wide but not sure of the diameter as that's not mentioned. The part number is TAS3500B.

Hope that helps.

Rich
The following users liked this post:
AlaskaPaul (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 12:42 AM
AlaskaPaul
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0
How wide is the frame you built?

You can find rollers by doing search for "conveyor rollers"
Here is one example.
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/ma...iABEgIvuvD_BwE
Thanks for your reply on the rollers. After surfing again last night I have also found many rollers in all sizes on Graingers now that I have figured out how to use their site. Here's just an example location web address for 10 inch rollers. For other sizes, just substitute another size in front of the 10BF on the search box which will come up and search again. The XXBF means between frames in inches.........I didn't know that at first, but it makes sense!

https://www.grainger.com/category/ro...In+Dia%2C+10BF

And to answer your question TEXHAWK0, the rack I made inside dimensions are 14" wide and 13.25" deep to the open end. I'm sorta embarrassed to post a photo of mine after seeing the others on this post, but it serves its purpose.

Now I want to make a better one with rollers and which works with my jack.

I like to tinker, and one can always learn a better way from others. That's why I love this forum so much......it's like life.......you can learn something new every day.

Thank you all for your input on this and all the other items you have contributed to............this is a great place to hang out.

Alaskapaul
Old 08-30-2017, 11:06 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by AlaskaPaul
Thanks for your reply on the rollers. After surfing again last night I have also found many rollers in all sizes on Graingers now that I have figured out how to use their site. Here's just an example location web address for 10 inch rollers. For other sizes, just substitute another size in front of the 10BF on the search box which will come up and search again. The XXBF means between frames in inches.........I didn't know that at first, but it makes sense!

https://www.grainger.com/category/ro...In+Dia%2C+10BF

And to answer your question TEXHAWK0, the rack I made inside dimensions are 14" wide and 13.25" deep to the open end. I'm sorta embarrassed to post a photo of mine after seeing the others on this post, but it serves its purpose.

Now I want to make a better one with rollers and which works with my jack.

I like to tinker, and one can always learn a better way from others. That's why I love this forum so much......it's like life.......you can learn something new every day.

Thank you all for your input on this and all the other items you have contributed to............this is a great place to hang out.

Alaskapaul
Though it would not be hard to make, it is kinda nice to get a roller that comes with the bracket. Most of the rollers I have seen have a hexagon shaft to keep it from turning and make the roller turn instead of the shaft.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:11 PM
phil hunter
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Saw these on Ebay. Should work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-3-4-Long-...AAAOSw44BYFH9N
Old 09-06-2017, 04:13 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Tried out my new tire dollies today to swap sides and inspect my front tires.
After I lubricated the plastic side rollers, they worked better than I expected.. The hydraulic version makes it very easy to lift the tire and wheel exactly enough to line up the lugs... Removing the wheel is just positioning the dolly, removing the last lug, and rolling the whole thing straight out... Also works well to let me roll the tire once it is off to closely inspect the tread and remove anything stuck in the tire that might cause a problem later... I had what I thought was a crack on each tire, but when able to look at it closely, I can see the bottom is smooth, almost like it was cast by a defect in the tire mold... (in the same location on both front tires??)

I tried to post photos, but for some reason Corvette Forum is saying my files are corrupted...Strange they open everywhere else??

Tire dolly in action

Tire defect

Last edited by TEXHAWK0; 09-06-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:07 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,089 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by 08G8V8

This modification lifts the unit about 4.75" higher than how the unit comes. This is 4" from the couplers, and another 3/4" from the nuts I added.
Thanks for the measurements and pointer to the less expensive GoJack!

I found some inexpensive wheels that give you the added height per your measurements. I added 3 washers underneath to get it a little higher.

The wheels are plastic, but go to 300 pounds, so that 1200 so I think they will hold up for just one tire.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Wheels/...TER-1-4300.axd

Just my solution FWIW for something to help removing the wheels with a Quick Jack at normal full height.

Last edited by Flame Red; 09-13-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:27 PM
08G8V8
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 79 Posts

Looks like a good and cheap solution to get some added height.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:08 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Flame Red
Thanks for the measurements and pointer to the less expensive GoJack!

I found some inexpensive wheels that give you the added height per your measurements. I added 3 washers underneath to get it a little higher.

The wheels are plastic, but go to 300 pounds, so that 1200 so I think they will hold up for just one tire.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Wheels/...TER-1-4300.axd

Just my solution FWIW for something to help removing the wheels with a Quick Jack at normal full height.

What kind of lift do you have that this small amount of extra lift really helps? For those using floor hacks, only need to lift enough to get tire off the ground.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:20 PM
08G8V8
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 79 Posts

QuickJack. The QuickJack at it's lower lift height is still too tall for the GoJak.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,089 Likes on 658 Posts

The pink GoJack works great with the Quick Jack. No need at all for the Reverse Logic Lug nut guides. No more heavy lifting, and the wheels roll effortlessly to line up the lugs.

The following users liked this post:
08G8V8 (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 04:34 PM
jtranger
Melting Slicks

Received 149 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0
Someone pointed out that even the 12" wide model will not work on Z06 tires since 335's are over 13 inches.
There are other brands that make a wider model. Look up GoJak. They make one for 20 inch wide tires.

They start to get expensive when you go up in width and weight capacity.

Can these also be used to life the car enough to do an oil change? That would be a good benefit as well.

Quick Reply: Tire dolly