Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bendpak 2-car lift, or two singles?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 01:28 PM
JBOSS
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Bendpak 2-car lift, or two singles?

Hi All,

I have been researching lifts, and I have landed on Bendpak as the Manufacturer that I want to buy from. Now, I have to pick my specific lift(s). In the 2-car section of my 3-car garage, I am trying to decide if I should go with a 2-car lift, or two singles. I love the idea of no "middle" poles in the garage. Does anyone have experience with a 2-car lift (or two singles) and would be willing to share pro's and con's?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:09 PM
RealPilot
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JBOSS
Hi All,

I have been researching lifts, and I have landed on Bendpak as the Manufacturer that I want to buy from. Now, I have to pick my specific lift(s). In the 2-car section of my 3-car garage, I am trying to decide if I should go with a 2-car lift, or two singles. I love the idea of no "middle" poles in the garage. Does anyone have experience with a 2-car lift (or two singles) and would be willing to share pro's and con's?

Thank you in advance for your help.
We have had an Advantage 2 car lift for the past two years. I would purchase the same item again, as I also wanted a lift without center post. The only issue I have is that you must remove both cars on the lover level to get one of the cars from the lift.
Attached Images   
Old 06-14-2017, 06:40 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,069 Likes on 984 Posts

Probably depends a lot on your garage configuration, etc.
Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2017, 07:21 PM
10KillerVette
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought 3 BendPak lifts and have been playing with them while I'm remodeling my garage. I love being able to move my lifts around with the caster kit. With the 2 car lift I think the pain of moving both cars out would out weigh the center post. Also the single lifts allow you to raise the cars up at different heights if you have 2 completely different car heights which will help out if you are limited on ceiling height. This might come in handy down the road. I'm down to 3 hours and 15 min assembling these things alone, my fork lift and over crane help me cheat! Love these lifts so much I'm thinking about ordering another for my Chris Craft.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:43 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

American Custom is the next generation of vehicle stacking

Old 06-15-2017, 08:20 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

I can see where not having the center posts would be an advantage, but at the same time, having to move two cars out from under the lift just so you could lower the lift to get one car off the top would be a disadvantage. I have two separate 4-post lifts.

Because of different car heights of the two car I store on top, I raise one to the max height but I only raise the other to the next to top lock(5" lower). You can't do that with the double park.

I have them staggered in my garage, so the posts of each lift are not directly across from each other.

Last edited by JoesC5; 06-15-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:38 AM
rrsperry
Safety Car

Received 1,412 Likes on 737 Posts

You all need a Mitt Romney car elevator... (or bigger garages...)

Get notified of new replies

To Bendpak 2-car lift, or two singles?

Quick Reply: Bendpak 2-car lift, or two singles?